Sponsored

kw86er

First Name
KW86ER
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2L XLT FX4
Thanks for the pictures and write-up. I think with the dark truck the rear wheel off-center does not look as pronounced. It is a nice stance with those wild peaks...

I know it's been said a lot that this truck will not be a serious off-road truck but I suspect there is still a lot we can do to improve the off-road capabilities.

With such a low upfront cost of ownership, it will be a popular model for custom work. It will be interesting to see what offerings are available down the road.

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As I previously suggested, you might want to visit a new alignment shop. I don’t know of any vehicle in the world that self aligns itself after the install of a lift and larger all-terrain tires. That tire and suspension wear is going to be killer!

The set up looks good though!

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XL
Looks great, and pretty much what I'm considering (although mine will only be an XL). I know it's only been a day, but have you noticed the difference in acceleration and/or fuel economy? I like the idea of 31s for a bit more clearance in the snowy months, but I'm a bit concerned about the decrease in fuel economy.

MAC_Detail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think he is more referring to tired scrub then self alignment. When you lift a vehicle(like with a jack) the camber changes with suspensions travel, when you put it back down its still not fully scrubed. This is simply due to the stiction of the tires, and the fact that the suspension cycles on a radius. This will keep the vehicle higher than actual ride height, after driving the vehicle the suspension will scrub and be back to static height causing the camber to come back in. You will definetly need an alignment after doing the lift though.

Sponsored

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think he is more referring to tired scrub then self alignment. When you lift a vehicle(like with a jack) the camber changes with suspensions travel, when you put it back down its still not fully scrubed. This is simply due to the stiction of the tires, and the fact that the suspension cycles on a radius. This will keep the vehicle higher than actual ride height, after driving the vehicle the suspension will scrub and be back to static height causing the camber to come back in. You will definetly need an alignment after doing the lift though.
If you’re referring to my comment…my comment stems from his remarks he made on Facebook in which he said a lady at the alignment shop of his choosing said one was not needed.

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here it is as promised.

FordRangerLifts 2” lift kit with 235/75-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W’s. 31” tires.

As noted by other people with lifted truck the rear tire does sit forward in the wheel well. But it’s an optical illusion as to how close. There is at least 3” between the fender and tire towards the front of the rear wheel well. Took some close ups.

Also when you first do a lift kit the tires camber in on the tops, out on the bottom in the front after you set it back on the ground.
Don’t freak out like I did!
As soon as you drive the Maverick after the lift the tires straightens out on its own. 👍

View attachment 22330

View attachment 22331

View attachment 22332

View attachment 22333

View attachment 22334

View attachment 22335

View attachment 22336

View attachment 22337

View attachment 22338
Looking good! Did the lift change anything driving wise?

Mannyr

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Looks great! The tires keep getting bigger and bigger over here 😂 who said 80? Lol.
Question; is the driveway on a slope, or this lift makes the front of the Mav look even more slanted?

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the pictures and write-up. I think with the dark truck the rear wheel off-center does not look as pronounced. It is a nice stance with those wild peaks...

I know it's been said a lot that this truck will not be a serious off-road truck but I suspect there is still a lot we can do to improve the off-road capabilities.

With such a low upfront cost of ownership, it will be a popular model for custom work. It will be interesting to see what offerings are available down the road.
The main thing is the rear diff. Tires and lifts will only take you so far. No idea if ford is planning on making available the dual clutch rear diff they put in the bronco sport, but it could certainly work since it's basically the same drive train.

MAC_Detail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you’re referring to my comment…my comment stems from his remarks he made on Facebook in which he said a lady at the alignment shop of his choosing said one was not needed.
I was referencing your comment to what the OP stated to hopefully clarify what is going on (to the OP).

Its possible that it was within factory specs, albeit, on the edge. Also possible it was "close enough" and they were just being lazy haha.

Sometimes you also dont have adjustment for caster/camber, but usually still requires a "toe and go".

Sponsored

Fx4hOok

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0 FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was referencing your comment to what the OP stated to hopefully clarify what is going on (to the OP).

Its possible that it was within factory specs, albeit, on the edge. Also possible it was "close enough" and they were just being lazy haha.

Sometimes you also dont have adjustment for caster/camber, but usually still requires a "toe and go".
Yeah just based on doing 1" spacers on mine with 30.5" tires and seeing the end results, I'm confident there's no way his truck is aligned to spec lol

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid