Sponsored

4K Towing package has limited availability?

Mikeoley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On checking the preorder sheet for my Maverick XLT AWD I noticed the 4K towing package had been omitted from the order. I called the dealer to have it put on and was told it was under limited availability. It could possibly delay delivery until mid summer of 2022. Had anyone heard something similar. I would like the extra towing capacity but don't think I want to wait a possible 8 months. Thanks
Sponsored

zackmd1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429BB / 2019 Tesla Model 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On checking the preorder sheet for my Maverick XLT AWD I noticed the 4K towing package had been omitted from the order. I called the dealer to have it put on and was told it was under limited availability. It could possibly delay delivery until mid summer of 2022. Had anyone heard something similar. I would like the extra towing capacity but don't think I want to wait a possible 8 months. Thanks
From everything I have seen, its only a late availability item for the FWD 2.0s. I have an XL AWD 4k tow on order and so far the status is clean-unscheduled meaning no restrictions, waiting for scheduling.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Limiting the supply available to AWD builds makes sense for the company because the AWD also adds more $$$ to the bottom line of Ford. It makes perfect sense economically. I have an XLT FWD on order with the 4K towing package so I may have to wait a while.

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My understanding is only the XL/XLT FWD with 4k is delayed but not the Lariat since it uses a different tire/wheel combination.

Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
CORRECTION TO MY POST

Limiting the supply available to AWD builds makes sense for the company because the AWD also adds more $$$ to the bottom line of Ford. It makes perfect sense economically. I have an XLT FWD on order with the 4K towing package so I may have to wait a while.

THIS IS WHAT I MEANT TO WRITE
Limiting the supply available to FWD builds makes sense for the company because the AWD also adds more $$$ to the bottom line of Ford. It makes perfect sense economically. I have an XLT FWD on order with the 4K towing package so I may have to wait a while.

Thanks for the correction so others would not be misled!!!

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My understanding is only the XL/XLT FWD with 4k is delayed but not the Lariat since it uses a different tire/wheel combination.
Ultimately the Lariat brings more to the bottom line. Limited materials are applied to the product that can produce the highest profit first.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I honestly don't understand why anyone would get the 2.0 and not get AWD, seems like a no brainer to me

AWD is not needed in all areas. where you live and the snow you get, it might be a good idea, not so much in the south and southwest. Are you going to get chains during the winter? or are you going to store your Maverick?

Ajm

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I honestly don't understand why anyone would get the 2.0 and not get AWD, seems like a no brainer to me
I don't need AWD, and it's an expensive option. Pretty easy to understand.
Sponsored