First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When you look at images of the Montana, it is more similar in design to the Santa Cruz. Can't say I am really a fan. I think the truckish image of the Maverick is a large part of it's appeal. Montana is also a 2 door.
1640869631212.png
This reminds me of the Subaru trucklett, UGH!!!
Sponsored

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
By the time that happens we’ll have a AWD Hybrid Mav, a PHEV, and a BEV version.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I do wish the maverick had a 2 or 3 door with an extra foot of bed space. And a kids only type rear seat.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw a similar video. It was one of those random images with a computerized voiceover, which is always annoying and why having a dislike count on YouTube is a good thing…

A GM competitor is objectively a good thing. Competition in the marketplace will lead to better and more diverse products for the consumer. That said, the Maverick does three things right: price, fuel efficiency, and size. If GM puts out a small truck that is competitive in those areas, Ford will have market pressures to keep the price low, develop better hybrid and electric technology, and do more fun things with the size.

All that said if it looks like this, I’m not worried for Ford.
11DCDE7E-B394-4356-8723-6FBABEB33EA2.jpeg
I am a big MAV fan and can’t wait for mine. Waiting since July with no date yet. However i think this looks good in Red.

BoxxerDad@50

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built 2023 XLT hybrid, sold MY23Lariat,MY22XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When you look at images of the Montana, it is more similar in design to the Santa Cruz. Can't say I am really a fan. I think the truckish image of the Maverick is a large part of it's appeal. Montana is also a 2 door.
1640869631212.png
this looks retarded !!

Sponsored

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can see some potential in the RAM/Fiat thing. It's not an ugly POC like the GM and the running gear could be upgraded to US standards without too much trouble. Bring it on and let the market sort things out.

RAM 700

Fleshman03

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am a big MAV fan and can’t wait for mine. Waiting since July with no date yet. However i think this looks good in Red.
We all like what we like. That little foot step near the tire well… 😙🤌 perfecto.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep, you're right, never liked the platform for the Patriot, Compass, Dodge Calibre, Mitsubishi Lancer & Outlander, nor Dodge Avenger or Chrysler Sebring, especially with CVT. All based on the same under performing platform. But I did like the Patriot squared off styling. At least the design of it lent it self to what the little SUV is. It was a fairly low cost with low expectation, entry level vehicle. Too bad Jeep didn't actually put Jeep running gear with the Patriot.
pretty sure everything Jeep from Cherokee on down is Fiat based these days- not sure I'd trust that at all.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
pretty sure everything Jeep from Cherokee on down is Fiat based these days- not sure I'd trust that at all.
What a shame. If they fiat-itizing Jeep, will the American brand continue for the long run? Fiat and Stellantis have ruined this Mopar Fan.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If i could afford it i would buy the Grand Wagoneer. Got to sit in one at my local Jeep dealer. The ultimate luxury SUV. Window sticker - MSRP $117K. He offered me no ADM.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can see some potential in the RAM/Fiat thing. It's not an ugly POC like the GM and the running gear could be upgraded to US standards without too much trouble. Bring it on and let the market sort things out.

RAM 700
it's not the running gear. thsse other market vehicles rarely conform to US crash test requirements and need reinforcing at minimum in the doors typically but sometimes the whole tub needs upgrading including A&C pillars, etc. to pass crash testing. Also many of those SA market vehicles come standard with Diesel engines that would not fly here. If it was simple and cheap to do, we would have seen it done already. IMO the only cost effective way would be taking an existing platform and modify and build it in the USA like Hyundai. Maybe a Corolla Cross or Cherokee based compact truck?

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What a shame. If they fiat-itizing Jeep, will the American brand continue for the long run? Fiat and Stellantis have ruined this Mopar Fan.
they're not messing with Grand Cherokee, Grand Wagoneer, Wrangler or the truck- still all Jeep.
Sponsored