First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Hybrid Lariat,No Deletes,10/5/21 order 11/5/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exactly, doc fee limit saved me $800 alone here in Virginia, then I saved about $500 on my XL. Well worth it at a time when people are still paying over MSRP for these things and all it takes is an in depth look at all the cost cutting on the Maverick to realize how thin the margins are on it.
Well, when my dealer stole $700+ in dealer fees after telling me they won't add to the truck. I have ZERO tears for them.

JT Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I qualify for the X-Plan, but wonder how many dealers participate and for which vehicles? Especially in recent times. Note: Dealers are encouraged to participate, but not required.

In November 2021, when I ordered my since rolled over and soon to be delivered '23 Mav, my dealer told me they weren't participating in the X-Plan. However, it didn't seem to be too great a loss given that it was only going to save ~$200 versus the MSRP that I'll be paying. The program's $100 max for doc fee can be great if your dealer is wacking you there, but my doc fee will only be $398 - $298 more than the $100 max. And that $298 reduction would be almost completely nullified by the additional $275 program fee.

Did I see somewhere that A-Plan or X-Plan buyers don't qualify for the private offer certificate that us rollover buyers will be receiving? I sure hope not. I would be livid if a ~$250 X-Plan discount cost me my $2,750 private offer.

OP
OP
710-oil-614

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I qualify for the X-Plan, but wonder how many dealers participate and for which vehicles? Especially in recent times. Note: Dealers are encouraged to participate, but not required.

In November 2021, when I ordered my since rolled over and soon to be delivered '23 Mav, my dealer told me they weren't participating in the X-Plan. However, it didn't seem to be too great a loss given that it was only going to save ~$200 versus the MSRP that I'll be paying. The program's $100 max for doc fee can be great if your dealer is wacking you there, but my doc fee will only be $398 - $298 more than the $100 max. And that $298 reduction would be almost completely nullified by the additional $275 program fee.

Did I see somewhere that A-Plan or X-Plan buyers don't qualify for the private offer certificate that us rollover buyers will be receiving? I sure hope not. I would be livid if a ~$250 X-Plan discount cost me my $2,750 private offer.
It states on the Ford Partner website that X-Plan pricing is eligible with other incentives and does not prohibit them - I would think that covers your private offer but who knows.

Sponsored

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is the discount off the base price of the model or final price with options minus destination charge?

InDaRed2

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is the discount off the base price of the model or final price with options minus destination charge?
Its off base price and off added options. You can see this on some people order sheets posted on this site where it shows MSRP for the base truck, then plan pricing then also on each option it will show MSRP and plan pricing.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Exactly, doc fee limit saved me $800 alone here in Virginia, then I saved about $500 on my XL. Well worth it at a time when people are still paying over MSRP for these things and all it takes is an in depth look at all the cost cutting on the Maverick to realize how thin the margins are on it.
My IL dealer charges $344 normally for a doc fee. as long as they honor it that will save $244 for me by itself.

JT Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My IL dealer charges $344 normally for a doc fee. as long as they honor it that will save $244 for me by itself.
That's less than the X-Plan's $275 administrative program fee, but saving a net couple hundred bucks or more is certainly better than nothing (as long as it doesn't disqualify one from a potential private offer!).

Last edited:

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

But that's less than the $275 administrative program fee.
That's also without the msrp discount. It will still save about $200 or better over not having it.

Sponsored

Roa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lincoln MKZ 2.0h
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, I noticed some info in this thread that might need updating:

Looks like owning Ford stock no longer qualifies one for the X-Plan(?).
https://fordauthority.com/2022/05/ford-shareholder-vehicle-discount-program-to-end-in-june/

The Mustang Club of America is not $35, but $50. If, in fact, this membership still qualifies you for an X Plan: "You must be a member of MCA for a minimum of 90 days before you can use X-Plan."
https://mustang.org/membership-account/levels/

Would this work, though? ...if I join MCA today and my Maverick is not scheduled yet?

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But that's less than the X-Plan's $275 administrative program fee.
That Administrative charge is added to the DEALER INVOICE cost
Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick X-Plan Pricing compare
, after the .4% discount.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, I noticed some info in this thread that might need updating:

Looks like owning Ford stock no longer qualifies one for the X-Plan(?).
https://fordauthority.com/2022/05/ford-shareholder-vehicle-discount-program-to-end-in-june/

The Mustang Club of America is not $35, but $50. If, in fact, this membership still qualifies you for an X Plan: "You must be a member of MCA for a minimum of 90 days before you can use X-Plan."
https://mustang.org/membership-account/levels/

Would this work, though? ...if I join MCA today and my Maverick is not scheduled yet?
REMEMBER....your dealer must approve X-Plan, and has no motivation to do it after you have ordered. They don't have to accept it. It was the FIRST thing I asked my dealer (or they weren't going to be "my dealer").

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It states on the Ford Partner website that X-Plan pricing is eligible with other incentives and does not prohibit them - I would think that covers your private offer but who knows.
X-Plan itself does not make the transaction ineligible for incentives.

Certain incentives do explicitly exclude either AZ-Plan only or AXZD-Plans. Publicly available incentives rarely have these exclusions, but targeted offers often do. Sometimes, marketing sends out various PCOs (Private Cash Offer) that almost always at least exclude AZ. The college grad incentive excluded AZ but not X in years past, but now does not. Farm Bureau excludes AZXD.

The dealer should be able to pull up the terms ("fine print") for the transition offer PCO in SmartVINCENT - it would tell you if X-Plan is ineligible.

That said, they have been offering PCOs for retail orders on other models. It was $1,000 on my Escape and applied to the A-Plan deal no problem, alongside 3 other public offers protected to the date the order was submitted.

That Administrative charge is added to the DEALER INVOICE cost, after the .4% discount.
Yep - the advertised X-Plan price includes the program administration fee. So don't worry about the admin fee, just look at the listed X-Plan price. If the dealer accepts it, you pay that, a doc fee no greater than $100, TTL, and anything you choose to add on at the dealer.

Last edited:

JT Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's also without the msrp discount. It will still save about $200 or better over not having it.
Disregard my question about whether or not the private offer can be combined with A-Plan or X-Plan. Under separate discussion "2022-2023 private rollover offer doesn't apply to A-plan purchases?" that topic was discussed and there are confirmations from buyers who DID receive the combination of both. Concern seems to have been raised when the salesperson simply couldn't find the A-Plan buyer's private offer certificate in the system.
Sponsored