VectorsForDelay

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Took mine in a few weeks ago for regular oil change + to address this recall (dealership where I ordered and purchased it). I had scheduled the appointment several weeks in advance and they knew the recall was to be addressed. They had it in the shop for about 6 hours before telling me they didn't have the part to fix the recall. Okay, I guess let's re-schedule. Went back in last week and they addressed the recall.

Now I want to inspect the work done, but not exactly sure what I'm looking for. Was it just simply missing wires in the harness before?
This same thing happened to me yesterday. Dropped it off at 7am, no loaner car provided, called at 12:30, 2:30, and at 4pm to finally get an update stating the vehicle did fail the test and that they will now order the parts.
9.5 hours to be told something I already knew and parts werenā€™t ordered when I scheduled the appt a month prior. Itā€™s bad. Itā€™s very bad.
Sponsored

scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This same thing happened to me yesterday. Dropped it off at 7am, no loaner car provided, called at 12:30, 2:30, and at 4pm to finally get an update stating the vehicle did fail the test and that they will now order the parts.
9.5 hours to be told something I already knew and parts werenā€™t ordered when I scheduled the appt a month prior. Itā€™s bad. Itā€™s very bad.
This is what the second dealer I went to did after the first one I went to gave me the runaround.
I just don't understand it. The parts are like $10 retail and can do 5 vehicles.

Is Ford trying to make this recall a bigger clusterf*** than the air bag recall?

crunchie_frog

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT 2.0 4K, 1999 & 2000 5.0 AWD Mountaineers
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is a simple repair, Ford's instructions are clear, but it is beyond my dealer's skill set. The clusterxxxx is with the dealer(s) from my perspective.

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They completed the repair of the recall repair, it seems they forgot to connect one of the ends of the wires they spliced into (even though the instructions are quite clear). They failed to solder the end they forgot to connect the first time as you can see in the image below. They also cut through other wires exposing insulation (as I had feared) in multiple places. Now there is exposed wiring in the bundle. I am thinking of wrapping the exposed wires with electrical tape and calling it done but these exposed wires do present a future risk of failure of other circuits as well as the circuit they "repaired".

Anyone feel like they would take this back to the dealer and share my concerns about the way they did this job leaving wiring exposed in the bundle as well as not soldering the connections?

maverick trailer wiring recall.jpg
Now I'm traumatized.

Can we get this jumper harness kit ourselves and do the repair?

27DTunes

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lydia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜16 Lincoln MKC, ā€˜23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™ve had similar issues. Made an appointment with the dealer for 1:30 pm near the end of last month, it was taken in and they wanted to keep it overnight. Uh nope! Need my vehicle if youā€™re not doing the work on it thanks! Made a new appointment for 8 am a few days later and my dad took it in as I was unable to at that point. They told him they didnā€™t have the parts - they needed to be ordered! Well which one is it?! You need to keep it overnight or you need to order them? And why didnā€™t you order them and simply tell me you would let me know you would call me to schedule the appointment when the parts came in since I TOLD you I was calling about a recall? I guess the service personnel canā€™t think well enough to do thatā€¦ Iā€™m still waiting to hear from them that the parts are in.

I swear theyā€™re enjoy wasting our time, money, and gas!

Sponsored

gp1200x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500,C8-Z51, 2023 Lariat Lux 4K Co360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank God my vehicle is out of that date range. I would be pissed if they had to start screwing with the wiring on my truck. So for 3 or 4 months no one at Ford bothered to test the trucks trailer lights to see if they actually worked properly.....on a new truck??? Quality work from Ford.