Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No, there is still scheduling for 23 Mavs for another few weeks. Ford won't purge the order banks for a while yet (so dealers can reference unscheduled 23s to reorder 24s).

At this point, the dealer failing to properly complete COVP is the likely reason.

Over 4500 orders seem to have been cancelled due to lack of COVP approval.

I expect the number of hybrids that will remain unscheduled will be more like 15-20K.
Where did you come up with your 15k-20k guess? I used the data here:
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...on-key-commodity-constraints-6-26-2023.33454/

It says 3 things that do not jive with your guesses.

priority code 99 - 114. Not 4500.

retails in USOB - (united states order bank) 29,883
that is the retail orders. they are careful not to list fleet orders, of which I'm sure there are a hell of a lot. I don't know if Ford has accepted any stock orders, but probably not.

so, back to the top of that data linked. if USOB is 29,883 then 83% is 24,802 or so. hybrid capacity is 50% and this is always a number against the USOB, so that is 14,941.

with some variations due to decimals & rounding,
24,802 hybrid orders
stated capacity for 14,941 hybrid to be built
= 9,861 hybrid that won't be built. Thus my previous comment estimating 9k to 10k hybrid won't be built.
Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where did you come up with your 15k-20k guess? I used the data here:
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...on-key-commodity-constraints-6-26-2023.33454/

It says 3 things that do not jive with your guesses.

priority code 99 - 114. Not 4500.

retails in USOB - (united states order bank) 29,883
that is the retail orders. they are careful not to list fleet orders, of which I'm sure there are a hell of a lot. I don't know if Ford has accepted any stock orders, but probably not.

so, back to the top of that data linked. if USOB is 29,883 then 83% is 24,802 or so. hybrid capacity is 50% and this is always a number against the USOB, so that is 14,941.

with some variations due to decimals & rounding,
24,802 hybrid orders
stated capacity for 14,941 hybrid to be built
= 9,861 hybrid that won't be built. Thus my previous comment estimating 9k to 10k hybrid won't be built.
I work at dealership and look at these reports every week.
Currently there are 114 @ priority 99. This number was 4600-4700 in early June (just before the cancellation took place).

You are right, approx 24,800 remaining unscheduled hybrids.

50% hybrid capacity means that the plant can produce 50% hybrids, out of what they are going to produce. It doesn't mean that 50% of hybrid orders will /can be scheduled.

I don't understand why 50% and 65% are listed. These should = 100%. It is an error in the report. The numbers were 35% hybrid and 65% gas for a long time. I assume that the 65% was never adjusted when hybrid capacity was increased to 50% (in April if I remember right). So these numbers should be 50% hybrid 50% gas. That means that if the plant can produce 8,000 in a month, they can do 4,000 of each powertrain.

The factor we don't know is how many Mavericks will be scheduled. The "wild card" is a possibility of increased production..... So far only 7,000-8,000 Mavericks have been scheduled per month.
You are thinking that they will be able to schedule almost 15K hybrids, which (based on data over the past year), I think is highly unlikely.
Even if 10K total 23 Mavericks will be scheduled in July scheduling, that would only be about 5K hybrids. Which would leave just under 20K hybrids remaining unscheduled.

Like I said, it is possible that they will schedule more than usual to wrap up the model year.... but even if they were to schedule 16,000 (twice what are usually schedule in a month), that would only be 8,000 hybrids, which would leave about 17,000 unscheduled.

Kristom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Currently there are 114 @ priority 99. This number was 4600-4700 in early June (just before the cancellation took place).

50% hybrid capacity means that the plant can produce 50% hybrids, out of what they are going to produce. It doesn't mean that 50% of hybrid orders will /can be scheduled.

I don't understand why 50% and 65% are listed. These should = 100%. It is an error in the report. The numbers were 35% hybrid and 65% gas for a long time. I assume that the 65% was never adjusted when hybrid capacity was increased to 50% (in April if I remember right). So these numbers should be 50% hybrid 50% gas. That means that if the plant can produce 8,000 in a month, they can do 4,000 of each powertrain.

The factor we don't know is how many Mavericks will be scheduled. The "wild card" is a possibility of increased production..... So far only 7,000-8,000 Mavericks have been scheduled per month.
You are thinking that they will be able to schedule almost 15K hybrids, which (based on data over the past year), I think is highly unlikely.
Even if 10K total 23 Mavericks will be scheduled in July scheduling, that would only be about 5K hybrids. Which would leave just under 20K hybrids remaining unscheduled.

Like I said, it is possible that they will schedule more than usual to wrap up the model year.... but even if they were to schedule 16,000 (twice what are usually schedule in a month), that would only be 8,000 hybrids, which would leave about 17,000 unscheduled.

in
Dealer called today to say my 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid order is canceled and wanted to know if I want to order a 2024 when orders open.
just talked to Ford.. they said my 2022 order was never rolled over to a 2023. she said it was Fords fault and to call my dealer to see if he can do anything about it

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

helpful context. I do not work at a dealership and never have.

does a truck leave the order bank when it's scheduled, or when it's built? I thought built, because the schedule date can change. often slipping, but sometimes pulling forward.

if scheduled orders are not included in that data I referenced then it does seem that a lot more hybrid won't be built, perhaps as high as your 20k.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
helpful context. I do not work at a dealership and never have.

does a truck leave the order bank when it's scheduled, or when it's built? I thought built, because the schedule date can change. often slipping, but sometimes pulling forward.

if scheduled orders are not included in that data I referenced then it does seem that a lot more hybrid won't be built, perhaps as high as your 20k.
The numbers on the report are for unscheduled retail orders only. So once an order is scheduled (or canceled), it will not show up on that report.

Scheduled dates do commonly hump around, but usually you are all set if you are scheduled. Obviously, that wasn't the case with the 6-7K cancelled hybrids last year, but that is the only example of something like that happening that I know of!

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
in

just talked to Ford.. they said my 2022 order was never rolled over to a 2023. she said it was Fords fault and to call my dealer to see if he can do anything about it
Way to late to do anything about it now! You can place a 24 order when order banks open.

Unscheduled 22s were not automatically "rolled over" by Ford. You had to place a new retail order with a dealer.

Cancelled scheduled 22 hybrids were rolled over by Ford, but there was action that needed to be taken by the dealer (and customer). If no action was taken, the order would be left "on hold" (priority 99) and would never be considered for scheduling.

Kristom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Way to late to do anything about it now! You can place a 24 order when order banks open.

Unscheduled 22s were not automatically "rolled over" by Ford. You had to place a new retail order with a dealer.

Cancelled scheduled 22 hybrids were rolled over by Ford, but there was action that needed to be taken by the dealer (and customer). If no action was taken, the order would be left "on hold" (priority 99) and would never be considered for scheduling.
Just going by what Ford told me. Said it was supposed to be automatic. Lots of confusion at the time. I’ll just reorder next month. No rush. Thanks for the ingo

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I can't be bothered to search for it right now, but I'm literally 100% certain that Tim Bartz said back in September '22 that all their unscheduled '22s were recreated *by Ford* automatically as '23 orders, and further, that Ford gave instructions to verify builds and that buyers still wanted a '23.

the verification was to make sure that anything with a dropped paint color was changed, as well as package changes such as Lariat Lux splitting into cp360 assist.

I'm certain he posted that here as well as said it on his YT stream.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't be bothered to search for it right now, but I'm literally 100% certain that Tim Bartz said back in September '22 that all their unscheduled '22s were recreated *by Ford* automatically as '23 orders, and further, that Ford gave instructions to verify builds and that buyers still wanted a '23.

the verification was to make sure that anything with a dropped paint color was changed, as well as package changes such as Lariat Lux splitting into cp360 assist.

I'm certain he posted that here as well as said it on his YT stream.
That was for the scheduled hybrids that were cancelled (in November I think).

I've copied and pasted this from a Ford memo from 09/13/2022 about "2023 Maverick Order Bank Open Details":

CARRYOVER 2022MY CUSTOMERS
As previously mentioned, global supply chain constraints left many COVP-approved Maverick retail orders unscheduled for 2022MY. We recognize the importance of taking care of these customers and are announcing the 2023MY Maverick Transition Customer Satisfaction Private Offer Program (#38560) – for full offer details and elibility {SIC!}, please see EFC10883.​
These retail orders will not be automatically carried over to the 2023MY Maverick order bank so it is critical that dealers follow the 2023MY Maverick Order Conversion Process to take care of these customers. Do not cancel unscheduled 2022MY retail orders in WBDO or the COVP website as we will be using these orders to determine qualification for the private offer.​
2023MY Maverick Order Conversion Process
  1. Utilize SmartVINCENT to verify customer eligibility and private offer value (Program #38560):
    • Eligible customers that ordered a 2022MY Maverick 2.5L Hybrid – $2,750
      • Eligible customers that ordered a 2022MY Maverick 2.0L EcoBoost Gas – $1,750
      • Contact affected customers to notify them of the status of their 2022MY retail order, their 2023MY Maverick private offer eligibility, and interest in placing a replacement Maverick retail order
  2. Enter a NEW 2023MY Maverick retail order for the customer
    • Dealer will need to appropriately layer their Retail Order Bank (retail orders can be placed between priority 10 and 19), but we ask that carryover customers receive the highest priority, followed by new retail order customers.

Kristom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That was for the scheduled hybrids that were cancelled (in November I think).

I've copied and pasted this from a Ford memo from 09/13/2022 about "2023 Maverick Order Bank Open Details":

CARRYOVER 2022MY CUSTOMERS
As previously mentioned, global supply chain constraints left many COVP-approved Maverick retail orders unscheduled for 2022MY. We recognize the importance of taking care of these customers and are announcing the 2023MY Maverick Transition Customer Satisfaction Private Offer Program (#38560) – for full offer details and elibility {SIC!}, please see EFC10883.​
These retail orders will not be automatically carried over to the 2023MY Maverick order bank so it is critical that dealers follow the 2023MY Maverick Order Conversion Process to take care of these customers. Do not cancel unscheduled 2022MY retail orders in WBDO or the COVP website as we will be using these orders to determine qualification for the private offer.​
2023MY Maverick Order Conversion Process
  1. Utilize SmartVINCENT to verify customer eligibility and private offer value (Program #38560):
    • Eligible customers that ordered a 2022MY Maverick 2.5L Hybrid – $2,750
      • Eligible customers that ordered a 2022MY Maverick 2.0L EcoBoost Gas – $1,750
      • Contact affected customers to notify them of the status of their 2022MY retail order, their 2023MY Maverick private offer eligibility, and interest in placing a replacement Maverick retail order
  2. Enter a NEW 2023MY Maverick retail order for the customer
    • Dealer will need to appropriately layer their Retail Order Bank (retail orders can be placed between priority 10 and 19), but we ask that carryover customers receive the highest priority, followed by new retail order customers.
Thanks for the help !!

Sponsored

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Definitely COVP.

Deposits are required by many dealers for in demand vehicles or custom orders that may be difficult to sell if customer walks away. Way too many people are ordering Mavericks from multiple dealers to see which one comes in first. That means other customers wait for their order or it isn't built so a deposit is needed to keep customers honest and should be requured on all Maverick orders. And be non-refunadable. If you really want one then it is used as a down payment when it comes in and if it isn't built then you get it back. Only ethical way ordering should be done for an in demand item

OP
OP

vdrayton

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Cmax, Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did they give a reason? Most likely the dealer botched the paperwork on the COVP would be my guess.
I called Ford Customer Relations on June 19, 2023 the lady said their was no problem with the order, it was clear to build. She did say there is a shortage on batteries. She said their would be no orders carried over to 24. I would start over again, like it was never ordered at all.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I called Ford Customer Relations on June 19, 2023 the lady said their was no problem with the order, it was clear to build. She did say there is a shortage on batteries. She said their would be no orders carried over to 24. I would start over again, like it was never ordered at all.
so keep an eye on these forums and look for the 2024 Ordering Guide and the date the 2024 order banks open. ask your dealership to put you at the highest priority. others may ask also, but you'll at least be even with them, rather than lower priority.

OP
OP

vdrayton

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Cmax, Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
UPDATE ON MAVERICK XLT ORDER.
2023 ORDER WAS CARRIED OVER TO 2024.
09/14/23 I RECEIVED A EMAIL THAT BUILD DATE WOULD BE THE WEEK OF 11/06/23. I NOW HAVE A VIN NO.
Sponsored