2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I bet the Hybrid:Ecoboost ratio for the 2024 orders when the order banks reopen will still be like 70:30 Hybrid:Ecoboost. And Ford will still stick to 40% or so Hybrid production.
Sponsored

REMUB40

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV 2013 Chevy Cruze
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a XLT Hybrid order with Lux package, ordered MY23 last Sept when the order bank opened. I am getting to the point I am seriously considering switching to EcoBoost because I need a truck more than the 10mpg improvement.

But this news brings new hope, or do you guys think switching to EB might be a better choice in my case? I can still switch with same price?

Thanks!
If your order went in the first day you have a good chance of being built. Price will be the same. You may go to the back of the line of the EB orders though. Everyone on this forum knows that there is no real way of knowing how Ford is picking these to be built other than what parts they have.

Bill Quattlebaum

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe you can change any time before getting scheduled, but changing trim or engine will put you at the back of the line.
I think you are right about changing your order, but I don't think it puts you at the back of the line. I think your place in line is depending on your original order date, priority code, and dealer allocation.

Sponsored

BShaff

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Jetta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a XLT Hybrid order with Lux package, ordered MY23 last Sept when the order bank opened. I am getting to the point I am seriously considering switching to EcoBoost because I need a truck more than the 10mpg improvement.

But this news brings new hope, or do you guys think switching to EB might be a better choice in my case? I can still switch with same price?

Thanks!
Lots of us are still waiting on our EB's, just an FYI.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's just hard to ignore the great gas mileage that the hybrid gets. It's about 12 miles per gallon better overall. EPA estimates are 25 for the ecoboost and 37 for the hybrid.
I think it is based on how your truck is equipped and what kind of driving you are doing.

I currently have two Maverick XLTs, one EcoBoost 2WD and one Hybrid. I have kept a spread sheet for each truck since purchase. I live in a rural area, seldom drive over 60 MPH, and seldom drive in a city. The EcoBoost has averaged 31.3 MPG for 5,870 miles and the Hybrid has averaged 34.8 MPG for 4,871 miles. So, my overall difference is 3.5 MPG.

The EcoBoost was rated by EPA at 26/23/30 for combined/city/highway. The Hybrid was rated 37/42/33.

If you do a lot of city driving, the Hybrid does get much better MPG. If you drive mainly on the highway, the Hybrid is 11% more efficient.

Bill Quattlebaum

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think it is based on how your truck is equipped and what kind of driving you are doing.

I currently have two Maverick XLTs, one EcoBoost 2WD and one Hybrid. I have kept a spread sheet for each truck since purchase. I live in a rural area, seldom drive over 60 MPH, and seldom drive in a city. The EcoBoost has averaged 31.3 MPG for 5,870 miles and the Hybrid has averaged 34.8 MPG for 4,871 miles. So, my overall difference is 3.5 MPG.

The EcoBoost was rated by EPA at 26/23/30 for combined/city/highway. The Hybrid was rated 37/42/33.

If you do a lot of city driving, the Hybrid does get much better MPG. If you drive mainly on the highway, the Hybrid is 11% more efficient.
The EPA changed the ecoboost overall average to 25 this year. It was 26 last year. They changed the hybrid city mileage to 40 this year. It was 42 last year.

Car Nut

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Mavericks, 2015 Scion FRS, , 63 Lincoln, 85 Toy
Engine
Undecided

Thanks!
I own two 2022 Mavericks, one a hybrid. One took 8 months to receive after ordering, the other 10 months. I think those are normal wait times for this vehicle. Both are XLT models and no constraints on either at time of ordering.

Last edited:

htowndude

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for everyone who responded, I think I'll hold onto my hybrid order for now and keep waiting.

Off topic, my friend who put in a reservation for a Lightning almost 2 years ago finally got an email letting him order one.

Sponsored

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Go Blue Oval! Farley is on a roll.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If the bump is 40% from 35% it is closer to a 14% increase in the number of hybrids built not 5%. Sorry the CPA coming out in me.
Relative to the number of Hybrids, yes. But the "40%" number refers to the proportion of MY2023 trucks that are expected to be built as a hybrid.

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's just hard to ignore the great gas mileage that the hybrid gets. It's about 12 miles per gallon better overall. EPA estimates are 25 for the ecoboost and 37 for the hybrid.
Mine is a 2nd vehicle. I work from home, so its a fun toy for me. But if I was a commuter i would understand the logic.
Sponsored