First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know if I change my XLT order to a Lariat, it will effect my place in line? I don't want to move back unnecessarily.
My opinion:
No one knows, it's a crap shoot.
Sponsored

Bill Quattlebaum

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I just spoke to my dealer. They said their maverick allotment is 45 in total and this month they are getting 12 hybrid and ecoboost together. Sounds pretty low to me.
You are lucky. You must have a large dealership! Many smaller dealerships only get a few each month or less.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If your order went in the first day you have a good chance of being built. Price will be the same. You may go to the back of the line of the EB orders though. Everyone on this forum knows that there is no real way of knowing how Ford is picking these to be built other than what parts they have.
They don't build orders that way. Many new 23 trucks were built ordered on 9/21/22, before 9/15/22 orders and before rollovers ordered in 2021. They build them as they want, and have parts for. Date you ordered seems to have no connection to what gets built.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

REMUB40

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV 2013 Chevy Cruze
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They don't build orders that way. Many new 23 trucks were built ordered on 9/21/22, before 9/15/22 orders and before rollovers ordered in 2021. They build them as they want, and have parts for. Date you ordered seems to have no connection to what gets built.
I agree it's based on parts availability, but if two trucks with the same configuration are ordered on different dates, the earlier date should/would get build first. The allocations would also come into play as well.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I agree it's based on parts availability, but if two trucks with the same configuration are ordered on different dates, the earlier date should/would get build first. The allocations would also come into play as well.
That would make sense, but that's NOT the way Ford does it. If that was true no orders from 2021 would be waiting still.

Fibrepunk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1) Allocation 2) Parts

||

Build!

rdr1144

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & F350 Godzilla
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a XLT Hybrid order with Lux package, ordered MY23 last Sept when the order bank opened. I am getting to the point I am seriously considering switching to EcoBoost because I need a truck more than the 10mpg improvement.

But this news brings new hope, or do you guys think switching to EB might be a better choice in my case? I can still switch with same price?

Thanks!
Within a week of switching to Ecoboost from hybrid I was scheduled on a pretty bare bones XL with CP360, hitch, 400W inverter and floor mats. I forget to add a full size spare back that came with hybrid only on the CP360 package. Truck took about 3 weeks to arrive from it being built. Just picked it up yesterday.

Sponsored

Bill Quattlebaum

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Within a week of switching to Ecoboost from hybrid I was scheduled on a pretty bare bones XL with CP360, hitch, 400W inverter and floor mats. I forget to add a full size spare back that came with hybrid only on the CP360 package. Truck took about 3 weeks to arrive from it being built. Just picked it up yesterday.
I switched from hybrid to ecoboost over 3 months ago, and still waiting to be scheduled on a base XL. I guess Ford wanted me to switch motors and models!

bc22

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like Ford's manufacturing woes are even more widespread than just with the Maverick.

GM's commercial fleet sales jumped 38%, and even CNBC was surprised: "Sales of the internal combustion Silverado and GMC Sierra full-size pickups were up a combined 9% from a year ago, helped by a 38% jump in sales to commercial fleets – a market long dominated by GM’s Detroit archrival, Ford Motor."

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/04/03/general-motors-us-sales-q1.html
Sponsored