First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We’ve had almost two feet of snow the last couple days here in the Wasatch and my FX4 has been amazing. I switched over to the Wildpeak AT3s as soon as I left the lot. I should have ordered the truck that way, but I like the black wheels.

While I’m experienced driving in snow, the slippery mode is great for newer drivers as it slows down throttle response making it harder to get into trouble. Traction is Subaru level or better, which is my gold standard for AWD. Hill decent at about 10MPH is perfect for the steep passes.

The Maverick punches way about it’s weight. I’m loving it.
Good to hear. That Canyon to snowbird can be challenging. I have not seen anyone talk about mounting or carrying skis?

James Smith

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
Wrong forum I believe
It's not the wrong forum as the subject is Relevant . If you watched the Video you could see how, the FX 4 handles the snow in different modes, and with the factory available Falken tires

James Smith

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
Driving Sports TV new test video with Wildpeak AT3W's

Good video, I like how it shows that they tried different traction settings to get up the hill. And that they were using the same tires ( Falken Wilpeaks AT 3Ws) as are available from the factory with the FX4 . Great information, thanks for posting
Sponsored