First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The 2022 Ford Maverick debuted earlier this month, and early indicators suggest that Ford could have a smash hit on its hands. The compact pickup comes packed with neat features, the latest tech, and an affordable price tag, which has helped the all-new model rack up 36,000 reservations so far, according to the Dearborn-based automaker.

The nugget of news was buried in a Ford press release about the company’s Q2 2021 adjusted EBIT (earnings before interest and taxes). The company also highlighted how successful it has been racking up reservations for its latest models, which for Ford kicked off with 190,000 for the all-new Bronco. The company converted 125,000 of those into actual orders. The Ford F-150 Lightning has pulled in 100,000 reservations since its introduction, and even the all-electric E-Transit commercial van has 20,000 customers in waiting.

Source: Motor1
Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
https://www.motor1.com/news/514758/2022-ford-maverick-reservation-numbers/

The 2022 Ford Maverick debuted earlier this month, and early indicators suggest that Ford could have a smash hit on its hands. The compact pickup comes packed with neat features, the latest tech, and an affordable price tag, which has helped the all-new model rack up 36,000 reservations so far, according to the Dearborn-based automaker.

The nugget of news was buried in a Ford press release about the company’s Q2 2021 adjusted EBIT (earnings before interest and taxes). The company also highlighted how successful it has been racking up reservations for its latest models, which for Ford kicked off with 190,000 for the all-new Bronco. The company converted 125,000 of those into actual orders. The Ford F-150 Lightning has pulled in 100,000 reservations since its introduction, and even the all-electric E-Transit commercial van has 20,000 customers in waiting.
Right around what I figured. But once they hit the dealer lots early next year. People will be jumping on it in a heart beat!

kmartinkc

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage
Is that reservations or confirmed orders? I made 2 or 3 reservations online before I got the right dealer to put in my official order.

Sponsored

OP
OP
theek

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Reservations.

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I made one reservation but the dealer never contacted me (other than a canned response) so I ordered without one with another dealer.

Basil

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ha. I did two online and a third at a dealer who supposedly put in the order. Still haven’t received confirmation from Ford. I call them everyday

OP
OP
theek

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Absolutely. If you think this is a cool truck now, wait 'til you get your hands on one.
Can you tell me if there are any differences between the Canadian, US and Mexican models? For example you can't get Lariat in Canada in FWD/Hybrid.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you tell me if there are any differences between the Canadian, US and Mexican models? For example you can't get Lariat in Canada in FWD/Hybrid.
only way to know is to go to Ford.com vs Ford.ca etc

OP
OP
theek

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, apparently Ford.ca says there's Adaptive Cruise Control on XLT when their Twitter people says nope wrong. So I don't know what's going on. It's confusing as hell.

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
I had 2 and ordered without one at a third.
Exactly as mine. 2 useless reservations and ordered/confirmed with a third without a reservation.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai said they are “almost sold out of the 2022 model years” for the Santa Cruz.
they didn’t say how many that is. But experts say it’s around 30,000 based on the factory capacity.
so ford should easily triple that per year with the maverick.

for reference the Ford plant in Mexico has a capacity of well over 300k a year

Last edited:
OP
OP
theek

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's a great way to fill capacity at that plant. They may want to reconsider a European model.
Sponsored