nubbuchadnezzar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tuscon Hybrid, Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had mine for around 6 weeks now. I just filled up the tank for the third time yesterday.

I'm happy to report my wife has yet to sit in the driver's seat. :)

The trash can provided with the Fits package has helped me keep the truck clean, and I'm even finally getting my wife and daughter in the habit of using it.
The cubby in the bed is EXTREMELY convenient for my bungee cords.
MPG since owning is around 40.5. My driving is around 60% on hilly country roads at 40-60 MPH, 20% highway, and 20% city.

Just started using ECO mode last week, and my MPG is ticking up to around 41-42. I'll have a better number after this tank of gas.

RonCStL

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat First Edition 3/25/22
Ha! Excellent - I hate that I don't know how to put gas in my Lariat Hybrid First Edition. I'm at 442 miles with 143 miles until empty and still running on the dealership's gas. I'm gonna see how far I can really go on this first tank...

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
See below...
Broadcast Messages
May 6 2022 2022 Maverick - Front Door(s) Can Not Be Unlocked Using The Passive Entry Feature
Some 2022 Maverick vehicles may exhibit a condition where the front door(s) cannot be unlocked using the intelligent access (passive entry feature). To correct this condition, disable and re-enable the passive entry feature using the information display controls on the steering wheel or HMI screen (if equipped). Select vehicle lock settings/disable and re-enable intelligent access feature. If the functionality of the passive entry feature is not recovered, proceed to perform normal diagnosis. Refer to the Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 501-14 > Handles, Locks, Latches and Entry Systems > pinpoint test R.
SSM 50754

this may be related to your concern...came on May 6th...they should know about this...
Thank you! That didn’t work for me but they got it fixed right away at the dealership😊

Sponsored

OP
OP
BoboysTruck

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just read through every reply in this thread looking for an answer and can't find one... What's the suction cup for?
That came with the infotainment screen protector. I stuck it on there after I installed it and forgot about it. When I did noticed it again, I decided to just leave it there in case I ever need it I know where it is.

Last edited:

Fordwheels

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lacrosse, Toyota PU
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most auto parts stores like Auto Zone and Advance Auto have a OBD tester you can check out and use. Check your codes and check them out online to see what the matter is (most times it's just a "burp" and the code will go away if you reset it. If it keeps coming back then take it to the dealer.
That's the first thing I would do.
The OBD will let you know (almost) where the issue is coming from, and as suggested I would clear it.
If it happens again I would take it to the dealer (without mentioning that I'd had an OBD on it.)
Some dealers are PITA, if you're very fortunate you'll run into a shop with master mechanics who take pride in keeping the vehicles they service on the road.

unlimited

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great post. I too love my Mav, but on April 18th the check engine light came on. It's been in the shop 23 days and Beaman Ford in Dickson, Tn still has not "had time to look at your truck because we are so busy". I waited 7 months to get it, drove it 7 weeks when the problem started. I call the service department manager and he puts me on hold for minutes at a time, then cuts me off. That happened 3 times yesterday alone. I love my little truck but I've grown to dislike the after the sale attitude of Beaman Ford and even the Ford Customer Care Center. My calls to Ford Corporate have fallen on deaf ears. It's so frustrating.
I would stop by and personally ask to see the service department manager and start asking questions. I would also demand a rental, that tends to speed them up on fixing it if it actually costs them something. I would also start researching the lemon law in your state. It usually has to be worked on for the same problem a few times to qualify but I would bring it up with the manager.

MrEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Rav 4
I would stop by and personally ask to see the service department manager and start asking questions. I would also demand a rental, that tends to speed them up on fixing it if it actually costs them something. I would also start researching the lemon law in your state. It usually has to be worked on for the same problem a few times to qualify but I would bring it up with the manager.
I did exactly that. Got a call on Thursday to come get my Maverick. Got there and was told they found nothing wrong. 25 days without my truck and 25 days in an oversized gas guzzling rental that cost me $30/day in gasoline only to be told, " We couldn't find a problem." I love my Maverick, but I do not love Ford's customer service.

Sponsored

Rickydragon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0 Eco AWD Lux Pack 4K Tow Shadow Black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What I hate is people who have picked up Mavericks off lots and not waited like the rest of us. My friend asked if my Mav was in last night watching the hockey game. I said still in production. He laughed. He said his son, in Alberta has had his for like a month. That one stung a bit.

baseballchamps

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Taurus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great post. I too love my Mav, but on April 18th the check engine light came on. It's been in the shop 23 days and Beaman Ford in Dickson, Tn still has not "had time to look at your truck because we are so busy". I waited 7 months to get it, drove it 7 weeks when the problem started. I call the service department manager and he puts me on hold for minutes at a time, then cuts me off. That happened 3 times yesterday alone. I love my little truck but I've grown to dislike the after the sale attitude of Beaman Ford and even the Ford Customer Care Center. My calls to Ford Corporate have fallen on deaf ears. It's so frustrating.
Suggest next time, you try another dealer. Warranty work can be done at any Ford dealer.

MrEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Rav 4
Suggest next time, you try another dealer. Warranty work can be done at any Ford dealer.
Check engine light was on. Ford Pass App recommended turning off engine immediately. I was afraid to drive it to another dealership.

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Report to BBB, keeping a vehicle that long is BS. They just keep pushing you back because of corporate clients. Email owner.
Good Luck
The BBB has no regulatory enforcement ability. Its basically a clearinghouse for complaints.

If your state regulates automotive repair shops, then that is the agency to make your complaints to.

Firsttruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw tiguaun
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hate people like you. You enjoy your Maverick so much, and I'm still waiting to enjoy it, I mean to hate it. Did I do the hate thing right?
Wow, just like you, I only "hate" being jealous of those who already have their truck.
Sponsored