First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Today 8/14 marks the 2 month anniversary of Ford Maverick ownership. It all started when I ordered my 2022 Maverick on November 22, 2021. It was Built 6/23, Shipped 7/5 and Arrived 08/13. Picked up and Delivered 08/14. Today marks two months of ownership and 10,004 miles. I absolutely love it.

That is correct, 2 months and I hit 10,000 miles. Yup…. Lets look at my original Specs: 22’ Shadow Black, XLT, 2.0EB, AWD, FX4, 4k tow, Lux w/DIBL and optional Wheels with (Falken 235/65/17).

CURRENT Add ons to date:
-Diamondback SE with Crossbin 8.
-Redline Hood Strut Kit
-Buschur Air/Oil Seperator
-Tailgate Assist
-Engine Cover
-Weathertech mats
-Phone Mount
-Center Console organizer
-Stuby Antenna
-Ford Ranger Lifts 2” kit
-Steeda Camber Bolts
-245/70/17 Toyo Open Country
-Triple Bronze powder coated OEM wheels
-Black Lugs

Where has AMM/G1A and his FoMav been in the two months of ownership….welp…let me tell you which states it has it seen. PA-MD-DE-NJ-VA-WV-OH-IN-IL-MO-KS-CO-UT-NE-ID-IA.

Who is AMM/G1A? AMM are my initials. What is G1A? G1A is my call sign. It stands for Goofy One Actual. What does AMM/G1A do? To date, I am a 41yoa W/N-M, married, two kids and a Commonwealth of PA employee. I am a moderately handsome worlds okayest competitive shooter and hockey player.

Lets talk about this FoMav. To date, no trips back to the dealer, no warning lights, no issues. I have elected to do 3 oil services and 2 tire rotations. I am a weird quirky dude and follow my own vehicle maintenance schedule. I take the manufacturers recommendation and traditionally always half it. If Ford says oil service at 10k, I know that I will service it at 5k intervals. It makes me happy and keeps me feeling good. It is what it is. My money and my time.

What vehicles has AMM/G1A owned in his life. I find myself to be an enthusiast in pretty much everything I get involved into. So would say I am a true professional. My driving career started at a young age playing simulation games at the arcade…lol. I have kinda always been a trendsetter vehicle owner. My first vehicle was a 1987 5.0 Ford Mustang GT with T-Tops. As many 17years did…totaled it. The import scene was so hot in the late 90’s and bought a 1990 Mazda MX-5 Miata. That Miata was a great way to experience so many things. I took that Miata from stock to shock over my 5 years of ownership….I daily drove it at first, drag raced, street raced, Autocrossed, track days, cross country trip…etc. In 2002 I bought one of the first Subaru WRX sedans that came to PA. I continued my love for autox and track days. In 2004 I traded my WRX in on a early arrival 04 STi. That STi was everything I needed and wanted in a vehicle at the time. While owning that STi, I made the decision to sell my Ducati 748S and the beloved Miata. I continued to tune that STi for a bit. My next vehicle was a more daily focused 2011 Subaru WRX sedan…which shortly turned in to a tuned street driver with my typical suspension and power mods I have always done. Moving on….I have owned multiple other Subaru models to daily since 2002-2022 and still have 2 in inventory that my Wife (Impreza) and 17yo Daughter (Legacy) drive.

This brings me to my Ford Maverick purchase….. saw them online, said…that is what I want as my new Daily Driver. So I went to my local Ford Dealership (Fred Beans of Exton) placed my order and did as most everyone here did…wait. While waiting, I planned my build. I had a vision as to what it needed to look like in order to be AMM SPEC FoMav.

What do I think of the FoMav? It is a great daily driver. It was reasonable priced at 32k. I wont lie, I use 87 octane….been averaging between all mixed driving 21-29mpg. Sure, you can see 30plus on all highway rolls….I am very pleased. I have experienced the radio freeze…. Too easy fix…. Hold power and forward button in for 5sec or so for the Reset. In my 10k…. I actually think the speakers are just fine, especially when connected to my iPhone for music. The seats are very comfortable…. Did two stints of 29.5hours of driving….zero issues. I do have a Buschur Air Oil Separator which did capture lots of stuff during the 9-12 hour straight drives between resting. I have posted on this….To me it is a must mod. On my normal driving to and from work…it captures small amounts between my 500 mile interval can checks. But man oh man on long drives of constant 70+ speeds…. That catch can worked great.

Moving on…. Super easy to drive, has been super reliable, super easy to service, super chill on fuel, super quick for what it is. Handles well and is very smooth. It gets lots of people looking at it while driving and asking at the pumps or at stores etc.

Stopped in Moab, UT for a quick off road trail. Fallen Officers Trail….not hard, not challenging at all. I am not an off roader, but got to experience loose terrain, ups and downs to try the Fx4 electronics. I was completely happy with it. Too easy to use. Zero issues.

The bed, I have a Diamondback SE cover on it…. Works amazing. I even strapped a mattress on top of it. I put range gear in bed…boom. So nice having a bed.

Would I buy again…heck yeah. I have always loved smaller trucks. Every other manufacturer has made trucks too big. Ford nailed it.

AMM APPROVED.

Ford Maverick 10,000 mile FoMav review by AMM [2022 XLT on 2” lift kit, Toyo Open Country, powdercoated OEM wheels, etc.] 17CE9248-48C5-4659-A8FF-3E9E3C1D9365

Ford Maverick 10,000 mile FoMav review by AMM [2022 XLT on 2” lift kit, Toyo Open Country, powdercoated OEM wheels, etc.] 330E608B-11E9-41F4-A19E-CF3504364B4E

Ford Maverick 10,000 mile FoMav review by AMM [2022 XLT on 2” lift kit, Toyo Open Country, powdercoated OEM wheels, etc.] DE14BC50-5F21-480A-8FF0-8AFC9BDE7F7C
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sponsored

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Today 8/14 marks the 2 month anniversary of Ford Maverick ownership. It all started when I ordered my 2022 Maverick on November 22, 2021. It was Built 6/23, Shipped 7/5 and Arrived 08/13. Picked up and Delivered 08/14. Today marks two months of ownership and 10,004 miles. I absolutely love it.

That is correct, 2 months and I hit 10,000 miles. Yup…. Lets look at my original Specs: 22’ Shadow Black, XLT, 2.0EB, AWD, FX4, 4k tow, Lux w/DIBL and optional Wheels with (Falken 235/65/17).

CURRENT Add ons to date:
-Redline Hood Strut Kit
-Tailgate Assist
-Engine Cover
-Weathertech mats
-Phone Mount
-Stuby Antenna
-Steeda Camber Bolts
-Black Lugs

Where has AMM/G1A and his FoMav been in the two months of ownership….welp…let me tell you which states it has it seen. PA-MD-DE-NJ-VA-WV-OH-IN-IL-MO-KS-CO-UT-NE-ID-IA.

Who is AMM/G1A? AMM are my initials. What is G1A? G1A is my call sign. It stands for Goofy One Actual. What does AMM/G1A do? To date, I am a 41yoa W/N-M, married, two kids and a Commonwealth of PA employee. I am a moderately handsome worlds okayest competitive shooter and hockey player.

Lets talk about this FoMav. To date, no trips back to the dealer, no warning lights, no issues. I have elected to do 3 oil services and 2 tire rotations. I am a weird quirky dude and follow my own vehicle maintenance schedule. I take the manufacturers recommendation and traditionally always half it. If Ford says oil service at 10k, I know that I will service it at 5k intervals. It makes me happy and keeps me feeling good. It is what it is. My money and my time.

What vehicles has AMM/G1A owned in his life. I find myself to be an enthusiast in pretty much everything I get involved into. So would say a true professional. My driving career started at a young age playing simulation games at the arcade…lol. I have kinda always been a trendsetter vehicle owner. My first vehicle was a 1987 5.0 Ford Mustang GT with T-Tops. As many 17years did…totaled it. The import scene was so hot in the late 90’s and bought a 1990 Mazda MX-5 Miata. That Miata was a great way to experience so many things. I took that Miata from stock to shock over my 5 years of ownership….I daily drove it at first, drag raced, street raced, Autocrossed, track days, cross country trip…etc. In 2002 I bought one of the first Subaru WRX sedans that came to PA. I continued my love for autox and track days. In 2004 I traded my WRX in on a early arrival 04 STi. That STi was everything I needed and wanted in a vehicle at the time. While owning that STi, I made the decision to sell my Ducati 748S and the beloved Miata. I continued to tune that STi for a bit. My next vehicle was a more daily focused 2011 Subaru WRX sedan…which shortly turned in to a tuned street driver with my typical suspension and power mods I have always done. Moving on….I have owned multiple other Subaru models to daily since 2002-2022 and still have 2 in inventory that my Wife (Impreza) and 17yo Daughter (Legacy) drive.

This brings me to my Ford Maverick purchase….. saw them online, said…that is what I want as my new Daily Driver. So I went to my local Ford Dealership (Fred Beans of Exton) placed my order and did as most everyone here did…wait. While waiting, I planned my build. I had a vision as to what it needed to look like in order to be AMM SPEC FoMav.

What do I think of the FoMav? It is a great daily driver. It was reasonable priced at 32k. I wont lie, I use 87 octane….been averaging between all mixed driving 21-29mpg. Sure, you can see 30plus on all highway rolls….I am very pleased. I have experienced the radio freeze…. Too easy fix…. Hold power and forward button in for 5sec or so for the Reset. In my 10k…. I actually think the speakers are just fine, especially when connected to phone for music. Very comfortable…. Two stints of 29.5hours of driving….zero issues. I do have a Buschur Air Oil Separator which did capture lots of stuff during the 9-12 hour straight drives between resting. I have posted on this….To me it is a must mod. On my normal driving to and from work…it captures small amounts between my 500 mile interval can checks. But man oh man on long drives of constant 70+ speeds…. That catch can worked great.

Moving on…. Super easy to drive, been super reliable, super easy to service, super chill on fuel, super quick for what it is. Handles well andides smooth. It gets lots of people looking and asking at the pumps or at stores etc.

Stopped in Moab, UT for a quick off road trail. Fallen Officers Trail….not hard, not challenging at all. I am not an off roader, but got to experience loose terrain, ups and downs to try the Fx4 electronics. I was completely happy with it. Too easy to use. Zero issues.

The bed, I have a Diamondback SE cover on it…. Works amazing. I even strapped a mattress on top of it. I put range gear in bed…boom. So nice having a bed.

Would I buy again…heck yeah. I have always loved smaller trucks. Every other manufacturer has made trucks too big. Ford nailed it.

AMM APPROVED.

17CE9248-48C5-4659-A8FF-3E9E3C1D9365.jpeg

330E608B-11E9-41F4-A19E-CF3504364B4E.jpeg

DE14BC50-5F21-480A-8FF0-8AFC9BDE7F7C.jpeg
where did you get that engine cover? How much?

Sponsored

FESTUS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Kudos to ford for the MAVERICK they not only nailed it but they hit it out of the PARK Great job on a great little truck(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)🏅🏅🏅

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Enchalada

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

love the write up bro!

NDL

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

CURRENT Add ons to date:
-Redline Hood Strut Kit
-Tailgate Assist
-Engine Cover
-Weathertech mats
-Phone Mount
-Stuby Antenna
-Steeda Camber Bolts
-Black Lugs

What vehicles has AMM/G1A owned in his life. I find myself to be an enthusiast in pretty much everything I get involved into. So would say a true professional. My driving career started at a young age playing simulation games at the arcade…lol. I have kinda always been a trendsetter vehicle owner. My first vehicle was a 1987 5.0 Ford Mustang GT with T-Tops. As many 17years did…totaled it. The import scene was so hot in the late 90’s and bought a 1990 Mazda MX-5 Miata. That Miata was a great way to experience so many things. I took that Miata from stock to shock over my 5 years of ownership….I daily drove it at first, drag raced, street raced, Autocrossed, track days, cross country trip…etc. In 2002 I bought one of the first Subaru WRX sedans that came to PA. I continued my love for autox and track days. In 2004 I traded my WRX in on a early arrival 04 STi. That STi was everything I needed and wanted in a vehicle at the time. While owning that STi, I made the decision to sell my Ducati 748S and the beloved Miata. I continued to tune that STi for a bit. My next vehicle was a more daily focused 2011 Subaru WRX sedan…which shortly turned in to a tuned street driver with my typical suspension and power mods I have always done. Moving on….I have owned multiple other Subaru models to daily since 2002-2022 and still have 2 in inventory that my Wife (Impreza) and 17yo Daughter (Legacy) drive.

What do I think of the FoMav? It is a great daily driver. It was reasonable priced at 32k. I wont lie, I use 87 octane….been averaging between all mixed driving 21-29mpg. Sure, you can see 30plus on all highway rolls….I am very pleased. I have experienced the radio freeze…. Too easy fix…. Hold power and forward button in for 5sec or so for the Reset. In my 10k…. I actually think the speakers are just fine, especially when connected to phone for music. Very comfortable…. Two stints of 29.5hours of driving….zero issues. I do have a Buschur Air Oil Separator which did capture lots of stuff during the 9-12 hour straight drives between resting. I have posted on this….To me it is a must mod. On my normal driving to and from work…it captures small amounts between my 500 mile interval can checks. But man oh man on long drives of constant 70+ speeds…. That catch can worked great.

Moving on…. Super easy to drive, been super reliable, super easy to service, super chill on fuel, super quick for what it is. Handles well andides smooth. It gets lots of people looking and asking at the pumps or at stores etc.

AMM APPROVED.

17CE9248-48C5-4659-A8FF-3E9E3C1D9365.jpeg

330E608B-11E9-41F4-A19E-CF3504364B4E.jpeg

DE14BC50-5F21-480A-8FF0-8AFC9BDE7F7C.jpeg

I love it!

I am seldom a fan of modded trucks, as I prefer the stock look. But I love the bronze factory wheels, the black paint, and the lifted look. If I could spec out my own truck, it would look exactly like yours.
Sponsored