TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger XLT 4L, Honda Valkyries (2)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey Ford… this is the week of my 60th birthday- hint, hint!!
Congrats old feller! I can say that because I will also mark six decades on this mortal coil come early October. My, how time flies!
Sponsored

Thundercougarfalconbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's not a fun game and It's not right that it's gotten this complicated. It's our current reality, and what you have to deal with to order a new car. It's across the board. Go to the mustang forums, the bronco forums, the raptor forums, the tacoma forums, the civic forums. It's all the same story and game.

You CAN make informed decisions about which dealer to order from though....

For 2024s people could/should have done the following:
-ask how many allocations they got last year
-ask how many unfilled 2023 orders they plan to rollover
-could even get specific to hybrid v. eco breakdown

Not all dealers/salespeople may be willing to do that for you. However, there are threads in here from members recommending and posting good contacts at specific dealers.
There are threads in here laying out the entire ordering process from start to finish for those unfamiliar with it.

If it really eats you up...be done with it. It's pretty simple. Life's too short to allow yourself to be frustrated daily by something you willingly enter into. By all markers we've seen here as far as production numbers vs orders placed, come April-May you will probably be able to find nearly what you wanted to order, on a dealer lot, for MSRP or very near to it.
To be fair, those who have been waiting a year since the last order banks (or more), they had to stay at the same dealer for '24 to get the private offer. So I can understand the frustration of having to stay out to keep your original cost. But yeah, the system is what it is

webdude85

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Corolla
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well Ford, you never cease to amaze me with changing constraints. I should have left my order for a hybrid. The full size spare has been a problem, the hitch has been a problem, and the XL has been a problem. Also, you are not giving priority to all rollover orders!!!! I am just stating the facts!
Yeah, I’ve kind of made peace with the fact I’m never going to get scheduled 😐

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

And, if you take off a “constrained item” this week, will it be constrained next week, or the week after?
Not necessarily, it really all depends on the supply constraints at this point. I think by now, Ford has a good idea how many of what to have on hand for a given number of Mavericks. Other than the limited number of hybrids and XLs, which they are intentionally limiting, anything else is probably a genuine temporary delivery shortage and will be just that. TEMPORARY.

Robert C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's not a fun game and It's not right that it's gotten this complicated. It's our current reality, and what you have to deal with to order a new car. It's across the board. Go to the mustang forums, the bronco forums, the raptor forums, the tacoma forums, the civic forums. It's all the same story and game.

You CAN make informed decisions about which dealer to order from though....

For 2024s people could/should have done the following:
-ask how many allocations they got last year
-ask how many unfilled 2023 orders they plan to rollover
-could even get specific to hybrid v. eco breakdown

Not all dealers/salespeople may be willing to do that for you. However, there are threads in here from members recommending and posting good contacts at specific dealers.
There are threads in here laying out the entire ordering process from start to finish for those unfamiliar with it.

If it really eats you up...be done with it. It's pretty simple. Life's too short to allow yourself to be frustrated daily by something you willingly enter into. By all markers we've seen here as far as production numbers vs orders placed, come April-May you will probably be able to find nearly what you wanted to order, on a dealer lot, for MSRP or very near to it.
I thought by being there on order book open day that I was somewhat safe with an Ecoboost XL. One of the first few ecoboost orders at my dealer and early enough to nab a limited quantity of XL.

In the game of constraints, based on the "limited availability on XL", I now wonder... are prioritized Hybrid XL's going to eat up all the XL trim pieces? Despite being an early ecoboost XL, I'll fall outside the allotment.

When ever I read of trim availability it makes me think of the side badges (not likely the limited availability trim piece that holds things up), but brings a bit of humor to the frustration. To thinking a whole vehicle is delayed due to a plastic hood ornament 😂
I was there waiting outside the doors at 8:30AM opening day of 2023 ordering MORE THAN A YEAR AGO.
Still don't have my truck - and there are still thoses
who do not have their 2022 orders.
Being there the first hour of the first day of ordering means less than nothing to Ford.

Sponsored

NewcMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cruze
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't worry about those lists. Everybody said my XL with Spray in liner and Hitch would never get made and there it is, in production. Configure the truck how you want it and be patient.

Diver_Down

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra and hopefully a Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was there waiting outside the doors at 8:30AM opening day of 2023 ordering MORE THAN A YEAR AGO.
Still don't have my truck - and there are still thoses
who do not have their 2022 orders.
Being there the first hour of the first day of ordering means less than nothing to Ford.
I was looking for truck the beginning of 2022. Looked at a Tacoma and said they wanted a non refundable 500.00 deposit just make an order I realized that was not a dealer I was going to do business with. My son talked me into looking at a Maverick and after call many dealers one did say there were taking pre-orders and it only required a refundable 100.00 deposit and orders would be placed in the order these preorders were submitted. So that is what I did and was number 13. The official order was placed when the banks were ordered. My son also talked me into the XLT package as opposed to the xl I was wanting. Well all thru the next months I waited and watched and drew to the conclusion that I would never get scheduled. Then lo and behold I got the email I was scheduled. I understand all of the supplier constraints as I am Supplier Quality Engineer and I love this everyday. I also understand the allocation system. You cannot please everybody but you can at least piss off everybody. I guess I was just lucky, found a good dealer that had an allocation and had a son that talked me out of the Xl and it’s constraint (guess his mother taught him right).
Someone told me it is better to lucky than good because you are only good at one think but can be lucky at everything

NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't worry about those lists. Everybody said my XL with Spray in liner and Hitch would never get made and there it is, in production. Configure the truck how you want it and be patient.
considering the 4 pin connector and hitch are standard on the Lariat and they added the spray in liner as standard I am hoping they know they will have them available. The only thing that might slow mine down is the mud flaps. 🫣

GRABBR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Aviator, 2008 Charger R/T
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Forgive my ignorance in deciphering this, but since I have a scheduled build week of October 23, does that mean that since they are scheduling builds for November, that my order will be build? Ya' know, unless some other UAW issue comes up? But, I can wait. More time to save up for it.

ilikebike

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid HPR w/ BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Forgive my ignorance in deciphering this, but since I have a scheduled build week of October 23, does that mean that since they are scheduling builds for November, that my order will be build? Ya' know, unless some other UAW issue comes up? But, I can wait. More time to save up for it.
If you have a build date and VIN then your truck will be built, correct.
Sponsored