Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outlander
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just in from Ford:

"We are excited to announce that the official OK-To-Buy declaration has been achieved for the 22MY Maverick 2.5L Hybrid model and will now begin shipping to our Ford dealers."
This means that the Hybrid Maverick is now sellable (has passed all tests/etc) and can be shipped from factory to dealers/customers/etc.
I wonder how many they have waiting to ship?
Sponsored

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Hope they have actually been building for a while!??

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally I called Ford HQ and they assisted me in getting my order status. The dealer said my order was A11K, but he starting rattling off my order, which included the bed extender and the soft cover, I realize something was wrong. The dealer said after talking with the Ford rep that he couldn't get a Hybrid. All this time I thought I was in the que, but on 11/16, I was informed that if I wanted a Maverick, it had to be an ecoboost.
I'm not sure, but it sounds like you actually still have a hybrid order in the queue (#A11K) but it has options you no longer want. (I say that because Ford HQ has your order information, which it seems like they wouldn't have if your order never went in.)

If you do have an order in, and it isn't scheduled for production, you used to be able to change the details on that order. I did that some time back.

Was your dealer trying to change your existing order? That should work (although that may have changed).

Or was he trying to cancel the existing order and create a new order? I'm pretty sure that won't work because they aren't taking new orders for hybrids.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I put a order in for the hybrid and was told by the dealership that Ford was not taking anymore orders for the hybrid so did that change and Ford is now taking orders and does the Maverick Hybrid get the 7500 Biden tax that I heard about last week.
Unless something has radically changed, the government rebates are only for pure electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids not regular hybrids.

Last edited:

rognus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hope they have actually been building for a while!??
Mine was supposed to be built the week of 11/15. It still says "in production", but just got an email from my salesman who says mine was built on the 17th! He says it does not show that it has shipped yet.

Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We have been led to believe the EPA was holding up the OKTB. If the EPA has given its approval shouldn't its web site reflect that?
You’re expecting instantaneous response from a government agency?🤪

Sardone

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
April 1st is still 4 months away, y'all....don't play with me lol
I see posts from you guys saying that the order was confirmed. What does that mean? I do have an order, not a confirmation.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great, maybe now they can actually update the tracker. So many showing in production as early as mid Oct.

Last edited:

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see posts from you guys saying that the order was confirmed. What does that mean? I do have an order, not a confirmation.
Upon ordering thru your dealer using your email address you should of received an order confirmation email from Ford. If not either your dealership used their email address or your order is not officially ordered.

You can call Ford Marketing to see if your order is in the system. 800-334-4375

Sponsored

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just in from Ford:

"We are excited to announce that the official OK-To-Buy declaration has been achieved for the 22MY Maverick 2.5L Hybrid model and will now begin shipping to our Ford dealers."
This means that the Hybrid Maverick is now sellable (has passed all tests/etc) and can be shipped from factory to dealers/customers/etc.
Finally can change my username😀😀🥳🥳🥳

fivehoyts

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul !/Chevy Trailblazer/Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not sure, but it sounds like you actually still have a hybrid order in the queue (#A11K) but it has options you no longer want. (I say that because Ford HQ has your order information, which it seems like they wouldn't have if your order never went in.)

If you do have an order in, and it isn't scheduled for production, you used to be able to change the details on that order. I did that some time back.

Was your dealer trying to change your existing order? That should work (although that may have changed).

Or was he trying to cancel the existing order and create a new order? I'm pretty sure that won't work because they aren't taking new orders for hybrids.

Both A11K and A09K are for ecoboost. A11K is the first order number that he gave to me in response to Ford HQ calling his dealership. A09K was the one he sent me via email, but in discussing, both of the orders were for the ecoboost. A09K is mine. Everything on A09K is right except no Hybrid. The dealer said he physically changed the orders from ecoboost to Hybrid (I didn't question when) but he said my salesman was suppose to get with me because of 25 Hybrid orders he was only going to get about 5. I told him I would wait, but, it was either wait until the window opened back up in 2022 for 23 models or get an ecoboost now. I suspect there was a mistake in the ordering process (no fault of mine) and that when it was discovered it was past the Hybrid cutoff date, even though he tells me that is not the case, but I don't know of anyone else that got switched to an ecoboost without at least their knowledge of first.

crazymomlv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mary Macioce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT on order and Subaru outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does everyone think that this means those of us who ordered in June/early July will actually get scheduled this week? Or will Ford be throwing out a "well even though the Maverick is OKTB, it's going to take another 6 months for us to schedule everyone (not build, just schedule)?
Xm

my dealer called me last week to say expect mine by May. Yes, MAY. Hope he’s wrong. No production date yet. Confirmed order July 19. XLT hYbrid, lux pkg 369, Yama yada

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any chance they start taking more orders for the hybrid for 2022 due to this news?
I don’t get it. I’ve read reviews of ownership and gas mileage etc. Haven’t some folks already received theirs? I ordered mine July 7 and my buddy the week before and not a peep from Ford.
Nobody who ordered a hybrid has taken delivery yet. Many have been built though.