First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went back and forth about the price protection for my A-plan order yesterday. Dealer claiming there is no price protection since 2022. Saying Smart Vincent has 3 certificates for me, all showing $0.

I was going to just swallow it since it was closer to $430 difference (because of A-Plan discount), but eventually they came back and agreed to lower the price to match my original DORA. They made it sound like they were doing it to avoid customer dissatisfaction rather than because they new they would get reimbursed by Ford. Later that evening, I sent them a link to Tim's post above.
Sponsored

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
@fordvideoguy Can dealers just pocket that PP money or do they have to show proof it was returned to the customer? I’ve seen several cases where a dealer told the customer they weren’t eligible for PP. Maybe they are unaware but they could also be banking extra profit.
The dealer receives the credit on their Dealer Payment Statement. So yes if they don't reduce your price or don't give you a refund when they receive it, it is profit for them. Most salespeople probably don't even know it is credited back to the dealer. And most dealership Upper management will pay the salespeople on the gross of the deal at time of delivery. Meaning the salespeople will be paid on $500 less gross. Which is why they probably don't want to give it to you. Getting management involved is important for that reason. We show the future credit on our deals so our salespeople get paid correctly since the dealership will receive it later.

Blacksheep308

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mercury Milan awd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My truck arrived today. Dealer tried to get the extra $500 out of me. Made no changes since December. Got into an argument with sales person and they came down $511. Other people in the dealership all starring at us. Will see if still not trying to screw me on Thursday when I return with the check. For the most part have been okay but screwed me in December when I asked them to add spray in bed line with free tie down and they didn’t do it claiming it will delay the truck due to shortage.

Mareth

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@fordvideoguy or anyone else that may be able to assist...

I'm picking up my Maverick tomorrow and I stopped by my dealership today to discuss this price increase and they said Ford will provide them with a check for the $500 increase which they will then forward to me. Is this normal procedures? I read through the thread and it is my understanding that they should sell me the vehicle for the original price and anything missing will be credited to them directly from Ford. Please correct me if I am incorrect.

Thank you!

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I'm picking up my Maverick tomorrow and I stopped by my dealership today to discuss this price increase and they said Ford will provide them with a check for the $500 increase which they will then forward to me. Is this normal procedures? I read through the thread and it is my understanding that they should sell me the vehicle for the original price and anything missing will be credited to them directly from Ford. Please correct me if I am incorrect.

Thank you!
Some dealerships do send a check once they get it back from Ford versus giving it to you as a reduction at time of sale. Been a few people on the forum who have posted photos of their check with a comment like "never thought I would see this".

If they claim that is what they will do, ask them to document that plan via one of the "still owed to the customer" forms that are available for them to use.

Sponsored

Mareth

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Some dealerships do send a check once they get it back from Ford versus giving it to you as a reduction at time of sale. Been a few people on the forum who have posted photos of their check with a comment like "never thought I would see this".

If they claim that is what they will do, ask them to document that plan via one of the "still owed to the customer" forms that are available for them to use.
Thanks for the feedback @paneubert! My plan was just to pop in twice a week after 45 days if I haven't gotten the check but your suggestion to request the "still owed to the customer" form seems like a fair way to go.

I'll do this tomorrow!

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback @paneubert! My plan was just to pop in twice a week after 45 days if I haven't gotten the check but your suggestion to request the "still owed to the customer" form seems like a fair way to go.

I'll do this tomorrow!
Keep us posted on how that goes. Good luck!

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had to pay the increased prices for the truck and D&D yesterday when I picked my Maverick up. I gave the dealer the printout on price protection. They said if/when they get a refund from Ford (45 Days) that they will cut me a check. I agreed to that and happily took my truck home. Sanderson Ford in Glendale Arizona has always been super honest and awesome to deal with. I trust them and you can bet that I will check back with them in 60 days if I haven't received a check.

On a side note: The Salesman told me that if a customer refuses an order, They sell the truck at MSRP (no ADM!) I think that says a ton about this Awesome Dealership.

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided

Thank you!
You are correct. You should pay the amount it was when ordered. The dealer will be reimbursed the amount on their Dealer Payment Statement.

Mareth

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Keep us posted on how that goes. Good luck!
A few days late, but here's the update!

I was able to pick up my Maverick on Friday as planned. It was sold to me at MSRP + sales tax + new tag - $500 (credited my deposit to the vehicle purchase). My dealership does not have any dealer fees so I was very happy about that! I financed through my credit union and all I had to do was bring in instructions from my credit union, hand that over to the finance manager, wait about an hour, and sign the documents. Pretty easy and straightforward process.

Unfortunately they did not budge on the $500 dollar increase. I asked them to include it in the "dealer owes" form (which I had to sign) but they refused saying the dealer did not owe me anything; the $500 dollar increase would be provided by check directly from Ford within the stated timeframe of 30-45 days. We'll see if the check ever arrives.

I'll be honest, it left a sour taste in my mouth, especially when I provided the clear instructions that Tim has shared with us. Despite this, I would still recommend working with this dealership. No dealer fees, honor MSRP, and they communicated very well throughout the ordering process, including when I made changes to my order. 4/5 stars!

Thank you @fordvideoguy & @paneubert for your help!

Eaglerocked

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
ED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia sorento
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A few days late, but here's the update!

I was able to pick up my Maverick on Friday as planned. It was sold to me at MSRP + sales tax + new tag - $500 (credited my deposit to the vehicle purchase). My dealership does not have any dealer fees so I was very happy about that! I financed through my credit union and all I had to do was bring in instructions from my credit union, hand that over to the finance manager, wait about an hour, and sign the documents. Pretty easy and straightforward process.

Unfortunately they did not budge on the $500 dollar increase. I asked them to include it in the "dealer owes" form (which I had to sign) but they refused saying the dealer did not owe me anything; the $500 dollar increase would be provided by check directly from Ford within the stated timeframe of 30-45 days. We'll see if the check ever arrives.

I'll be honest, it left a sour taste in my mouth, especially when I provided the clear instructions that Tim has shared with us. Despite this, I would still recommend working with this dealership. No dealer fees, honor MSRP, and they communicated very well throughout the ordering process, including when I made changes to my order. 4/5 stars!

Thank you @fordvideoguy & @paneubert for your help!
I ran into the same problem. Sales manager played "Mickey the Dunce" said he never heard of such a thing. Gave him the internal memo number and also requested a we owe the customer slip but he refused. Waited for my Maverick since 1/27/ 22.

I am 80 years old and have 8 grandchildren that drive. At the next family gathering will advise of the poor customer service "gramps " received from Ford dealer. My purchasing may be done but their purchases over the next 50 years with be great.
Sponsored