Ragtime Billy Peaches

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f250 Crew Diesel 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Changing body code is going from XL to XLT, or XLT to Lariat or 2WD to AWD. You are changing packages within the same body code.
Sponsored

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally got my window sticker, in production as of today.

Shows the increase.

I just emailed Galpin to see what their policy is.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally got my window sticker, in production as of today.

Shows the increase.

I just emailed Galpin to see what their policy is.
The window sticker will always show the price increase. It is an official document of the MSRP of the vehicle at time of build irrespective of any price protection the original order may have.

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Just to confirm changing the body code would be going from a hybrid to an EB or vice versa correct? I have an XLT EB on order and I want to drop the BAP and add the Lux pkg. If I make that change I should still be price protected correct?
body code is the FWD, AWD, Advance AWD (Tremor). Ecoboost is the engine.

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I add the lux package to my latiat hybrid order do you guess that it will be built sooner?
I ordered a stock lariat hybrid with a hitch.

Sponsored

johnpbrewer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@fordvideoguy

My father placed an order back in September for a 2023 XLT, but now is wanting to change the color and add options (keeping the trim the same). The dealer is stating "Changing any part of this reflects new pricing. That is set by Ford, not us. I advise no changes. ".

Their new sheet shows the $400 increase to trim and $100 increase to destination.

Can you please advise on what I need to show them / tell them to honor the original pricing?

Thank you!
I'd like to know also, because my dealer is saying the 1 Feb price increase is the new price of my XLT, although I have changed nothing.

letsrock23

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@@fordvideoguy

My father placed an order back in September for a 2023 XLT, but now is wanting to change the color and add options (keeping the trim the same). The dealer is stating "Changing any part of this reflects new pricing. That is set by Ford, not us. I advise no changes. ".

Their new sheet shows the $400 increase to trim and $100 increase to destination.

Can you please advise on what I need to show them / tell them to honor the original pricing?

Thank you!

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
@@fordvideoguy

Thank you!
According to Ford's Price Protection Policy they will reimburse the dealer 45 days after sale as long as the body code is not changed. They should base it off of the original price with changes recently made. If they don't agree, tell them to reach out to their Ford Rep or Head of the Region for details. You will look at the second column of this sheet.

Attachments

Sponsored

Cheesehead

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just look it up online and join. It's 20 bucks. After 30 days you can go get a code from them abs use it for 500 off.
Hoping you can advise. I just bought the membership and understand you need to be a member for 30 days. How do I go about getting the discount? Do I just show proof to the dealer

How do you go about getting the rebate once those 30 days had passed? Do you just take your membership and proof of it to the dealership where you bought the
car if your car were to get built? Sorry I'm new to this hoping you can guide me in the right direction on how to go about getting the $500 rebate just the time ever comes that I need it. Sorry if this is a duplicate question had trouble getting the first one submitted. Thank you!
I ordered a 2023 Maverick on 9/17/22 and it does not have a build date yet. Had joined the Illinois Farm Bureau (I live in WI) at least 30 days prior and printed my certificate and they had it indicated on my order sheet. Whenever I called FORD to check on my order status they reminded me of the certificate for $500.

Mid February my salesperson messaged me that they had an XLT hybrid with extras that someone passed on in my color that I ended up getting at the old pricing and $1,500 ADM. I printed a new Farm Bureau certificate since the old one was expired and they took the $500 "rebate" off of my invoice, lowering my price by said $500.

Understand you can get up to 5 certificates for $500 so if/when my original order ever comes in I will decide then whether to take it or not and get another $500 off.

4x4mudder22

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav 23 eco XLT on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@fordvideoguy do you know any magic words I might be able to tell me dealer to get the dealer to honor price protection? I ordered back in September, didn't change a thing on the order since then. They order sheet they had me sign said it was subject to msrp at time of purchase.

Recently I found out about the price protection and sent them your video. They said it is too old and that price protection was probably just from people who got rolled over from 2022. They even said they ran my VIN and no rebates came up.

They are trying to say that it is only $500, but it seems like Ford Motor Company is in better shape to pay that $500 than me. Do you have any idea what my next steps should be?

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
@fordvideoguy do you know any magic words I might be able to tell me dealer to get the dealer to honor price protection? I ordered back in September, didn't change a thing on the order since then. They order sheet they had me sign said it was subject to msrp at time of purchase.

Recently I found out about the price protection and sent them your video. They said it is too old and that price protection was probably just from people who got rolled over from 2022. They even said they ran my VIN and no rebates came up.

They are trying to say that it is only $500, but it seems like Ford Motor Company is in better shape to pay that $500 than me. Do you have any idea what my next steps should be?
Just that "My order is price protected to the price it was when I ordered. It's called Price Protection, your dealership will be reimbursed in 45-60 days when Ford sees that the person who ordered the vehicle is the person that buys the vehicle." Here is a couple documents that prove the point.

Ford Maverick 🔺 2023 Maverick MSRP Price Increases $400 and Destination and Delivery Increases $100 [effective 2/1/23] Ford_PriceProtection

Ford Maverick 🔺 2023 Maverick MSRP Price Increases $400 and Destination and Delivery Increases $100 [effective 2/1/23] Price Protection

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@fordvideoguy Can dealers just pocket that PP money or do they have to show proof it was returned to the customer? I’ve seen several cases where a dealer told the customer they weren’t eligible for PP. Maybe they are unaware but they could also be banking extra profit.
Sponsored