Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
BUBBLE BUSTER...Always am worried about lifting narrow wheel bases because of the flip over effect during normal driver response. Looks cool until it isn't.

rmay635703

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru 360, Comutacar, Honda Insight, Dodge Ram
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
BUBBLE BUSTER...Always am worried about lifting narrow wheel bases because of the flip over effect during normal driver response. Looks cool until it isn't.
If it has a giant PHEV battery on the bottom in the middle it’s likely anchored down fine

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hilarious how they left the FX4 sticker showing....on purpose...LOL
It is all on purpose. It's called guerilla marketing. You think the local beat reporter was staking out the building and after days or weeks of patiently waiting got those pics and his ticket to a pultzer prize?

Sponsored

Haha48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Manual transmission?

I would be tempted if it was a manual to trade it in. At the end of the day the mpg of the mavrick and my previous car are rated the same but due to many hills the auto doesn't do as well as a manual for mpg. I noticed a big difference is gas consumption for short hilly trips and highway they were about the same

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

JohnnyBravo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
225,000 mi. Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
These prototypes might be a good few years before they hit the store shelves. I worked for GM in Detroit. There are special high security rooms that house the headlight and tail light configurations for the next 5 years. So basically future designs are already in place 5 years in advance. I'm pretty sure ford follows the same path. I also walked through the secured lot where all the masked cars sit, a few times a day. Funny that sometimes those vehicles were used just to go grab lunch!

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

These prototypes might be a good few years before they hit the store shelves. I worked for GM in Detroit. There are special high security rooms that house the headlight and tail light configurations for the next 5 years. So basically future designs are already in place 5 years in advance. I'm pretty sure ford follows the same path. I also walked through the secured lot where all the masked cars sit, a few times a day. Funny that sometimes those vehicles were used just to go grab lunch!
Gotta put the miles on the equipment somehow.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If they come out with a PHEV Maverick, I'm selling my hybrid (assuming it ever gets here) and picking up one of those. I don't care about the AWD and I don't really want a full EV as the infrastructure where I live is not ready. But a PHEV would be ideal. If I could have gotten a Rav4 Prime in any reasonable time or at a reasonable cost, I'd have that.

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I dont think you understand what engineers are. They arent going to go from designing cars and features for them one month and then move to Mexico to design expanded production lines.
A designer designs. The engineer makes the design of the vehicle, production line, etc. reality and workable. Sounds like the engineers didn't finish and need to get to work.

kingranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wouldn't a PHEV FWD also require a large HV battery? What happens if the rear drive unit is just a small motor like the prius e-awd unit?

Personally for me I'd take any form PHEV. I really like the convenience of leaving home with a full charge and only using gas on the weekends.
Yes, Plug-In Hybrids always have much larger battery backs. The Corsair's battery takes up nearly the entire underbody of the vehicle and has ~14x the capacity of the Maverick Hybrid.

Hey King, with that being said, do you see PHEV's becoming the base engine for most Ford's in the near future? I'm the kind of person whose current situation just isn't the best suited for an EV but could benefit from an AWD hybrid. Just curious in 3 years when my Escape (hopefully) reaches that 200,000 mark if I'll have more or less hyrbid options with new Ford vehicles.
Nope, the future appears to be fully Battery Electric. Existing vehicles like the Maverick & Escape Hybrid may continue on as long as they make financial and regulatory sense.

AK ADQ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Liberty 2010 Dodge Journey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you enlarge the picture of the front tire it says 23575R17
Ford Maverick 📸 Spotted: Mystery New Maverick Model With High Clearance Off-Road Bumper and Tires 1655747692528

Hunny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Cyber Orange.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
very nice, too bad they cant build the one we ordered 8 months ago, with only one option trailer hitch
11 months, ordered my hybrid Mav 7/30/21.........tick tock, tick tock............
Sponsored