First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 kia niro 2022 Ford Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks really good but won't you scrape when put a bunch of lumber on it?

MaveRichard

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Looks awesome. I love the Carb Gray especially with the BAP.

And wow, that is low. Mine (hybrid) was not even that low when I loaded it down with gear and had a small trailer behind it. Any plans for airbags? I think I would if I carried a load regularly (I don’t).

Curious - Did you get it aligned after the lowering springs? Maybe it is distortion in the picture but it looks like a lot of rear camber.

kennygs22

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello Rich,
Air bags arrive this week! That will help with "squatty rear". Did a beautiful alignment on it but camber is a bit on the red zone (not too bad though according to the numbers shown on the computer). I like the way it looks. Will determine after 5K depending on tire wear.

Sponsored

kennygs22

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
just wanted to know what type of air bag system your going with. I see Air Lift makes a bag that goes inside the rear spring, but don't know if it works with the lowered spring. I went with the H&R super sport springs also. like the ride

OP
OP
PabloW.

PabloW.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
just wanted to know what type of air bag system your going with. I see Air Lift makes a bag that goes inside the rear spring, but don't know if it works with the lowered spring. I went with the H&R super sport springs also. like the ride
Hello Ken,

Good question: I did some research on AirLift website and found they offer an Universal line for air bags to fit your needs.
The H&R rear springs or coil measure about 6" clear (truck sitting on concrete). I looked on their website and figured Kit #60903 would be the right fit for my application. I will post some pics after I am done with the installation. Amazon for $130.00

Link below: Open link and find Technical Specs and then "download installation guide" in red. Look on Page #3.
https://www.airliftcompany.com/shop/60903/

OP
OP
PabloW.

PabloW.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello Ken,

Good question: I did some research on AirLift website and found they offer an Universal line for air bags to fit your needs.
The H&R rear springs or coil measure about 6" clear (truck sitting on concrete). I looked on their website and figured Kit #60903 would be the right fit for my application. I will post some pics after I am done with the installation. Amazon for $130.00

Link below: Open link and find Technical Specs and then "download installation guide" in red. Look on Page #3.
https://www.airliftcompany.com/shop/60903/
Honestly I think the 60900 kit would be a good option as well since the diamater of the bag appears to be around 3" vs the 3.5" on the 60903. Just thinking about fitting the bag through spring opening. Will keep you posted.

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That looks great! I like that tire size too. Aren't those the Falken TrailPeaks? Those are kind of like an A/T tire right?

Sponsored
OP
OP
PabloW.

PabloW.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That looks great! I like that tire size too. Aren't those the Falken TrailPeaks? Those are kind of like an A/T tire right?
"Falken Wildpeak"

Ford Maverick Lowered XLT AWD with Lumber Rack -- H&R Super Sport Springs, Falken 255/55/18 20231009_165220

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Definitely an A/T tire. I had them on a Ram and Jeep and they are awesome tires for sure. They have great snow and light mud/guck traction.

OP
OP
PabloW.

PabloW.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They arrived!! looks like the right size to me. Stay tuned!

Ford Maverick Lowered XLT AWD with Lumber Rack -- H&R Super Sport Springs, Falken 255/55/18 20231009_170226

Ford Maverick Lowered XLT AWD with Lumber Rack -- H&R Super Sport Springs, Falken 255/55/18 20231009_165844

Last edited:

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That rack looks good on there. I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a rackit.
Sponsored