First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cutting springs increases the spring rate, and the Maverick is already reported to be quite firm. The glass of milk you had for breakfast would end up churned butter in your tummy by the time you got to your destination. I wouldn't recommend that.
That's some good advice!! I can barely tolerate butter as it is, and a tummy full of churned butter would not end in a pretty experience! :sick::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

Dukewagon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't think you can cut springs that wind into a tighter diameter on the ends

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not my interest at all. Rather lift 1 inch - But I applaud the people that do this and follow their interests... The Ford community sure seems active with so many ways to mod.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wouldn't void warranty
Not the entire vehicle's warranty, but it can invalidate parts of the suspension warranty since going to extremes puts it out of normal geometry and really can actually cause premature failure of some components, but the obvious solution is that if you end up with a suspension problem you just keep your stock springs and swap them back before you head to a dealership. I do all my maintenance myself, so the vehicle would never be in a dealership modified beforehand that it could be flagged.

Sponsored

TorqueWrenchUSA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03' VDC Outback wagon, 97' zoom zoom Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Exact same Konig Hypergrams I have on my Miata. Except mine are bronze colored. Looks great!

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's a fine looking ride my friend. Not slammed, just letting some of the air out of those wheel wells. I like the wheels too; fit well with the truck's color and have the right vibe for suspension mod.

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
I agree, where's the lowering gear for us fwd folks?!
According to these sources, Ford has patented the spring technology used in the FWD Mav's rear suspension. I'm not sure it's possible to create a working aftermarket part without infringing on that patent.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/force-vectoring-springs.446/
https://www.motortrend.com/features/2022-ford-maverick-truck-force-vectoring-springs/
https://fordauthority.com/2021/06/2022-ford-maverick-suspension-borrows-tech-from-fiesta-st/

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to these sources, Ford has patented the spring technology used in the FWD Mav's rear suspension. I'm not sure it's possible to create a working aftermarket part without infringing on that patent.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/force-vectoring-springs.446/
https://www.motortrend.com/features/2022-ford-maverick-truck-force-vectoring-springs/
https://fordauthority.com/2021/06/2022-ford-maverick-suspension-borrows-tech-from-fiesta-st/
Oh I hope this won't be the case! Well if Ford is developing an ST model of the Maverick, as current rumors may suggest, then there still maybe hope! Otherwise, the aftermarket needs to get cracking!!

Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had to do a double take. It looks like a grey version of JJCs truck. Great stance. Same wheels, and tire specs he has. When my XLT comes in, I plan on lowering it same amount. I went with 18x8 Circuit CP30s and a 245-55R18 tire. Same outside tire diameter as stock XLT tire. Added some 65mm ford center cap medallions to make it appear somewhat stock.

Ford Maverick Lowered Maverick XLT on 18" Konig wheels,  Falken tires, H&R lowering springs 20220411_201955

Berfs1

First Name
Gourob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
I like the almost-even gap between the wheel arches and the tires, it looks clean!

David D

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ford maverick xlt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maverick belongs to Ivan G.

18x8.5 Konig Hypergram wheels on 236/60 Falken tires, lowered on H&R lowering springs for the Escape.

Lowered Maverick on 18%22 Wheels Konig Hypergram Falken Tires H&R lowering springs 1.jpg

Lowered Maverick on 18%22 Wheels Konig Hypergram Falken Tires H&R lowering springs 2.jpg
How did you get the alignment done ? I found out after I lowered mine that there is no adjustment on the rear for camber .

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD, Ford F150 Lariat 4WD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can someone tell me when "soon" is ? I so want to lower my AWD XLT to give it the look of the Maverick in this article. Many of the performance spring manufacturers have been promising a specific fit set of lowering springs practically since Mavericks began rolling off the assembly line.
Not that others have but I don't want to fasten the springs to their perch with zip ties, install the right rear spring upside down, and fabricate spacers out of Tupperware bowls just for the look. I want to drive it as well.
Help !!!!!

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD Maverick XL, 2004 Insight Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love the look of these rims, do you remember the weight of the 18x8.5's?

I'm hoping they run a batch of the 17x7's, as they are only 16.5-17lbs each.
Sponsored