rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Will Join Powertrain Lineup

https://fordauthority.com/2021/03/2022-ford-maverick-hybrid-will-join-powertrain-lineup-exclusive/

Now, sources familiar with Ford’s product plans have confirmed that the 2022 Ford Maverick hybrid is in fact real. Exact details aren’t known yet, but the hybrid will be capable of running solely on electric power at certain speeds, much like 2021 Ford F-150 models equipped with Ford’s 3.5L PowerBoost V6 hybrid.

The existence of a 2022 Ford Maverick hybrid doesn’t come as a huge surprise for a number of reasons. For starters, the Ford Escape, which shares the Ford C2 platform with the Maverick, is also available as a hybrid and will soon be offered as a plug-in hybrid. Also, last year’s spy photos of a Maverick prototype revealed that the vehicle had a green section on its tachometer – a pretty clear indication that it is a hybrid.

The 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid uses a 2.5L Duratec I-4 together with an Atkinson-cycle hybrid system to deliver 198 horsepower and EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of 44 miles-per-gallon in the city, 37 mpg highway, and 41 mpg combined. The Escape Hybrid is available in both front- and all-wheel-drive configurations.

In addition to the hybrid powertrain option, the Maverick will be available with either Ford’s 1.5L EcoBoost I-3 or an optional 2.0L EcoBoost I-4, both of which will be mated to FoMoCo’s eight-speed automatic transmission. A naturally aspirated four-cylinder remains a possibility for the entry-level model.

The Maverick will be sold only as a four-door, SuperCrew model in either front- or all-wheel-drive configuration. As we recently reported, the front-wheel-drive version will be equipped with a lower-cost, twist-beam rear suspension, while the all-wheel-drive version will utilize a more sophisticated independent setup similar to what Ford uses on the 2020 and newer Escape and Ford Bronco Sport.

Early Maverick production is already underway at the Ford Hermosillo Assembly Plant.
Sponsored

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Saw that just a little bit ago. It basically just spars into place what is already known. Think Ford will do anything different with the Maverick hybrid compared to the Escape?

-SG

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
The Escape’s hybrid option is only $1,160 more than the non-hybrid 3 cylinder.

Fairly comparable HP and Torque. This may be an option for me as I figure I’ll make my money back within a couple of years.

Sponsored

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just hoping options don't push the price too fat from that $20k we're hearing. The hybrid sounds very interesting.

OP
OP

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
Just hoping options don't push the price too fat from that $20k we're hearing. The hybrid sounds very interesting.
Let’s say the Maverick starts out at 20k like anticipated. We’ll compare that to the
Escape’s S trim.

The difference in price for the Escape’s S trim and the non hybrid SE trim (next one up,) is $2,220.

The difference in price for the Escape’s S trim and the hybrid SE trim (next one up,) is $3,380.

This doesn’t include AWD factored in, but based on this I’d guess: (Based totally on what’s included in Escape Trim)

Starting: 20k
Next Trim Up Non Hybrid: 22,500
1st Hybrid Model in 2nd Trim: 23,700

Obviously AWD will drive the cost up I’d think. It’s a $1500 add on to the basic S trim, but jumps to $2395 on the next two trim levels up SE and SEL. It comes standard (along with 2.0L 4 cyl) on their titanium.

Here’s what the cost may be for AWD if they follow the way they do the Escape.

Starting: 21,500
Next Trim Up Non Hybrid: 24,850
1st Hybrid Model in 2nd Trim: 26,095

I see you concern if you need AWD. It’ll be really interesting to see how Ford offers these.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And the price just keeps creeping up. Soon I'm down the road looking at the Hyundai Santa Cruz. Or maybe just refurbishing my 03 Sport Trac.

Keynotes13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let’s say the Maverick starts out at 20k like anticipated. We’ll compare that to the
Escape’s S trim.

The difference in price for the Escape’s S trim and the non hybrid SE trim (next one up,) is $2,220.

The difference in price for the Escape’s S trim and the hybrid SE trim (next one up,) is $3,380.

This doesn’t include AWD factored in, but based on this I’d guess: (Based totally on what’s included in Escape Trim)

Starting: 20k
Next Trim Up Non Hybrid: 22,500
1st Hybrid Model in 2nd Trim: 23,700

Obviously AWD will drive the cost up I’d think. It’s a $1500 add on to the basic S trim, but jumps to $2395 on the next two trim levels up SE and SEL. It comes standard (along with 2.0L 4 cyl) on their titanium.

Here’s what the cost may be for AWD if they follow the way they do the Escape.

Starting: 21,500
Next Trim Up Non Hybrid: 24,850
1st Hybrid Model in 2nd Trim: 26,095

I see you concern if you need AWD. It’ll be really interesting to see how Ford offers these.
That price break down though. My cap is $24k and I’m willing to sacrifice whatever necessary. I want a hybrid but don’t need it. I want AWD but again, don’t necessarily need it. If I can get a FWD Hybrid for under $24k I’ll take it. Just through some sand bags in the bed during winter

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And the price just keeps creeping up. Soon I'm down the road looking at the Hyundai Santa Cruz. Or maybe just refurbishing my 03 Sport Trac.
Why can't you just get the non-hybrid version if you're worried about price creep? They didn't suggest that it would be the only option. I don't think many of us expected the AWD, hybrid Maverick to come in at sub 20k.

Sponsored

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 HPP mustang
No matter what it costs I’m looking at it for a base R+D performance truck 2.0 Ecoboost FWD ..
Regards
Doc

dano0726

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have they announced a 2022 Ford Bronco Sport Hybrid (Badlands)???

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mean, is this your first time purchasing a vehicle? This is how it is with all cars, trucks & SUV's and has been that way for over a century. There are base models that come in at the starting price and then it goes up from there as you add options and packages. This isn't something new. Ford never said every Maverick in every configuration will be sold for around $20K. Even newcomers like Tesla have different levels of each model. Do you think Hyundai is going to sell a loaded Santa Cruz for under $20K?

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mean, is this your first time purchasing a vehicle? This is how it is with all cars, trucks & SUV's and has been that way for over a century. There are base models that come in at the starting price and then it goes up from there as you add options and packages. This isn't something new. Ford never said every Maverick in every configuration will be sold for around $20K. Even newcomers like Tesla have different levels of each model. Do you think Hyundai is going to sell a loaded Santa Cruz for under $20K?
No....I'd guess that the Santa Cruz will start at around $25k and that the $20k Maverick we're hearing about will be the totally stripped Oxford white fleet edition with steel wheels. But that's all just a wild guess.

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No....I'd guess that the Santa Cruz will start at around $25k and that the $20k Maverick we're hearing about will be the totally stripped Oxford white fleet edition with steel wheels. But that's all just a wild guess.
Of course it will be a stripped down model for that price, how could it not be? As I said in another thread, the Honda Civic starts at over $21K so what are you expecting in a brand new pick up truck for around $20K? If Ford does come in with a base model in that price range it will be a bare essentials model.
Sponsored