Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ain't that the truth.

The way I see it, people have two options.

First, accept that sometimes, 💩 happens. Your truck will get arrive when it gets built. If you can accept that level of uncertainty, them just wait until it's delivered and enjoy it when it comes.

If that level of uncertainty doesn't work, then cancel the order. The deposit gets refunded so no harm, no foul.

Those are the two actions people can take that actually are effective.

Know what isn't effective? Complaining about it and making up all sorts of conspiracy theories.
Another valid point, I think venting online instead of at a human being at the dealership may be a healthier approach for some people. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Nunyabiznus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There have been some dealers telling their customers that hybrid vehicles are delayed and won't be available for 6-8 months. Some saying there are thermal issues.

I want everyone to know they are NOT correct.

Hybrid scheduling and production continues each week.

OKTB (okay to buy) is pending EPA testing.

Information straight from the Maverick team.
then why doesn't ford tel us? they have a PR teem don't they?

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR XLT and Cyber Orange XLT 2022 Ford Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've not seen any evidence that the EPA has had any "reservations" about the hybrid (if you have those articles please post). Confirmatory testing is a standard part of the process.
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-ford-maverick-hybrid-motor-technology/
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...e-to-be-converted-in-july-for-production.302/
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...id-transmissions-have-started-production.936/

The 200 were likely made for the Hermosillo tooling try out build (TT) which are likely the trucks that are not to be driven. About 2 to 3 weeks before the line starts in Hermosillo, Sterling will start cranking them out. This is why the EPA is redoing their calculation on the Mileage.

(You should always watch what you wish for because there is always someone like me out there.)

Also I think it's a good thing for Ford and the consumer for the review since it is a full re-design of the eCVT electric motor.

Last edited:

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another valid point, I think venting online instead of at a human being at the dealership may be a healthier approach for some people. 🤷‍♂️
You are so right! When people see me get upset they tend to run and hide or they call the police! I am 6' 2" and 320 pounds and look mad all the time! Hint I am!

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are so right! When people see me get upset they tend to run and hide or they call the police! I am 6' 2" and 320 pounds and look mad all the time! Hint I am!
Ford Maverick Truth about Hybrid Maverick orders - not delayed says Maverick team GifMeme19231509102021

Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I vote for a new thread or sub-forum specifically for "Vent/Rant/Whine.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-ford-maverick-hybrid-motor-technology/
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...e-to-be-converted-in-july-for-production.302/
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...id-transmissions-have-started-production.936/

The 200 were likely made for the Hermosillo tooling try out build (TT) which are likely the trucks that are not to be driven. About 2 to 3 weeks before the line starts in Hermosillo, Sterling will start cranking them out. This is why the EPA is redoing their calculation on the Mileage.

(You should always watch what you wish for because there is always someone like me out there.)

Also I think it's a good thing for Ford and the consumer for the review since it is a full re-design of the eCVT electric motor.
I have no clue what you're talking about. None of that has anything to do with the EPA testing.

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have no clue what you're talking about. None of that has anything to do with the EPA testing.
It has everything to do with testing! If the EPA was given data in June on the eCVT that was first used in the original test vehicles then the new eCVT design would completely invalidate the original testing data submitted for the Hybrids as they were not even built until late July as was stated in the three articles and Forum sites I included If you are unwilling or able to follow them I can not help you, as they are straight forward. Again I don't care about when the Hybrids will be ready only the truth behind the delays.

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It has everything to do with testing! If the EPA was given data in June on the eCVT that was first used in the original test vehicles then the new eCVT design would completely invalidate the original testing data submitted for the Hybrids as they were not even built until late July as was stated in the three articles and Forum sites I included If you are unwilling or able to follow them I can not help you, as they are straight forward. Again I don't care about when the Hybrids will be ready only the truth behind the delays.
Those links you gave don't say the things you seem to think they do.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you suggesting they didn't build any of the new eCVTs until July? Commercial production didn't start until July, but they would have certainly built pre production units. Sure the EPA may have chosen to do confirmatory testing on the Maverick because of the iterative changes to the escape's powertrain that the Maverick uses (we don't know the reason), but none of your links provide any evidence that, as you initially said, the EPA had any specific "reservations" about the powertrain. I don't know why they would. It's a slight modification/improvement on a proven design.

Sponsored

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you suggesting they didn't build any of the new eCVTs until July? Commercial production didn't start until July, but they would have certainly built pre production units. Sure the EPA may have chosen to do confirmatory testing on the Maverick because of the iterative changes to the escape's powertrain that the Maverick uses (we don't know the reason), but none of your links provide any evidence that, as you initially said, the EPA had any specific "reservations" about the powertrain. I don't know why they would. It's a slight modification/improvement on a proven design.
The first article goes into extensive detail how they changed the eCVT electric motor design!

Bobinmi

Jun 15, 2021

My gal works at Fords transmission plant, and on the assembly line where the Maverick CVT transmission will be manufactured. They are shutting the transmission line down for the first 3 weeks in july to convert the line to accommodate the Maverick transmission. I don't believe we will see any Mavericks until at least October or later....just my .02 of experience

** UPDATE.....transmission line down and employees sent home (9:30am) ZERO built today. She DID tell me they built 200 CVT transmissions BEFORE the line was retrofitted (4 wks ago)...they were built before the machines were put on the line for manufacturing quantities.

Also they changed a major component right before production that will change the power dynamics and mpg, the EPA is diffidently going to re-test. You can deny what you want or you can except the facts. either way this conversation is over! I only care about the truth!

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ain't gonna do a thing to get the truck to you any quicker, will it?

Control what you can and don't worry about what you can't.

Complaining about Ford's manufacturing process is like a sports team whining about the ref. It won't do a thing to change the outcome.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The first article goes into extensive detail how they changed the eCVT electric motor design!

Bobinmi

Jun 15, 2021

My gal works at Fords transmission plant, and on the assembly line where the Maverick CVT transmission will be manufactured. They are shutting the transmission line down for the first 3 weeks in july to convert the line to accommodate the Maverick transmission. I don't believe we will see any Mavericks until at least October or later....just my .02 of experience

** UPDATE.....transmission line down and employees sent home (9:30am) ZERO built today. She DID tell me they built 200 CVT transmissions BEFORE the line was retrofitted (4 wks ago)...they were built before the machines were put on the line for manufacturing quantities.

Also they changed a major component right before production that will change the power dynamics and mpg, the EPA is diffidently going to re-test. You can deny what you want or you can except the facts. either way this conversation is over! I only care about the truth!
The truth! Lol.

I've got two truths for ya...

1. We know the EPA is testing.

2. We know ecvt/powertrain is a iterative design change.

You've implied that 2 caused 1. I asked for how you knew that and you only provided links that discuss 1 (information we've all known for a long time). Bottom line, we don't know 1 and 2 are related. They could be, but we don't know it to be truth.

NapsterKnowHow

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Tim, thank you for putting this message out! It's troubling how much misinformation is being put out by some dealerships (or more accurately, some salespersons)! This should be troubling to Ford, as this misinformation will cause some to look to other vehicle manufacturers for their vehicle purchases!
Wouldn't be a dealership if they weren't talking out of their ass most of the time lol
Sponsored