First Name
Jaden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Elantra SEL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I posted a similar post yesterday. I find the Mav seats very hard and uncomfortable. I’ve tried xl, xlt, and lariat and there is a slight difference but not much. Mine will be built next month but I’m highly considering not taking it because it’s so bad…
Sponsored

BluegrassNbass

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I use to drive a ford transit van alot. Lots of back pain. Left that job. Went to buy a eco sport, back hurt after test drive. Drove a hyundai kona, super comfortable. Traded kona back in got 23' maverick xl. Back started hurting. What makes it able for me to put 100's of miles a week on it. I have to lift the seat up 3 pumps, lean seat back a little more that normal. Kind of scoot body forward like pimping rider. This is how I have to set it and sit in it. No pain anymore. I was really worried about having to sell until I figured this out. I didn't have the option to lay seat back in the van and didn't know about it with the eco sport. Figured it out with the Maverick. Just did my first fill up. Got 544 miles on dealer dollars for filling it up first. Still had 2.4 gallon in if 13.8 is correct. Cost $46 to fill up. I get paid .68c a mile. Just earned me $370. Not profit yet but will be before this tank is empty. Then rest of month is cash in the stock pile.
Sorry, anyways try that and see. You may have to kick the left cheek up a little to get the right slouch.

OP
OP
leejust

leejust

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I posted a similar post yesterday. I find the Mav seats very hard and uncomfortable. I’ve tried xl, xlt, and lariat and there is a slight difference but not much. Mine will be built next month but I’m highly considering not taking it because it’s so bad…
I'm going to try a gel purple cushion. This will be my 7th seat cushion I've tried....

Midwest Jim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline CRV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm 6'2" 250 lbs and found the driver's seat to be rather uncomfortable for the first 4-5000 miles due to the side bolsters on the seat bottom. Eventually these soften and conform to your rear. The seat gets better with time but I would still love a lumbar bladder. I would like to see Ford offer a power seat in every trim. I would have gladly spent several hundred more for that.

chainblade

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jaden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Elantra SEL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I use to drive a ford transit van alot. Lots of back pain. Left that job. Went to buy a eco sport, back hurt after test drive. Drove a hyundai kona, super comfortable. Traded kona back in got 23' maverick xl. Back started hurting. What makes it able for me to put 100's of miles a week on it. I have to lift the seat up 3 pumps, lean seat back a little more that normal. Kind of scoot body forward like pimping rider. This is how I have to set it and sit in it. No pain anymore. I was really worried about having to sell until I figured this out. I didn't have the option to lay seat back in the van and didn't know about it with the eco sport. Figured it out with the Maverick. Just did my first fill up. Got 544 miles on dealer dollars for filling it up first. Still had 2.4 gallon in if 13.8 is correct. Cost $46 to fill up. I get paid .68c a mile. Just earned me $370. Not profit yet but will be before this tank is empty. Then rest of month is cash in the stock pile.
Sorry, anyways try that and see. You may have to kick the left cheek up a little to get the right slouch.
funny you mention Kia as I said that as well. I've had several Kia/Hyundai's since the mid 2000s and they have all been comfortable. Last ford I had was a 2003 F-150 and it was comfortable. I don't find the new Rangers and Mavericks comfortable. They are just really hard.

I'm 6'2" 250 lbs and found the driver's seat to be rather uncomfortable for the first 4-5000 miles due to the side bolsters on the seat bottom. Eventually these soften and conform to your rear. The seat gets better with time but I would still love a lumbar bladder. I would like to see Ford offer a power seat in every trim. I would have gladly spent several hundred more for that.
ya it's better with the lumbar support but still just really hard foam or whatever. And the seats don't seem very big so i wouldn't think the foam is very thick. Did it really soften up over time?

Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have an xlt and find the seats comfortable. Now my wife’s new Bronco Sport big bend feels like I’m sitting on a hard ball (hope it breaks in)…

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had the same issue with mine. 600 miles in and it's getting better. I just figured it needed some seat time to break in a little. Definitely much more uncomfortable than the Bronco sport. At first I even considered seeing if a junkyard bronco sport seat would fit in it's place.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Back in September 2021 I went to the State Fair of Texas in Dallas and got to sit in an XL, XLT and Lariat.

The seats in the XLT were super comfortable compared to the XL. It was a noticeable difference.

At the time I already had ordered an XLT (I wanted cruise) but sitting the an XL I was so glad I ordered the XLT.
The XL seat did have a period of adjustment for the extra stiff edges. They must have.relaxed some overtime.
I am replying about seat difference between trim I have tried all three., The lariat seats are beyond awesome. By butt-body would long to return sitting on lariat only seconds after leaving. them. Was so looking forward to return to a Ford truck after my 98 Ranger seats being the only relief to a bad back. Would sit for hours in ranger drivers seat reclined back to avoid a chiropractor bill.
Likely will not buy another ford due to the quirks and unfinished to poor electrical equipment in the two Mavericks I had owned. The future is electric, Maverick can’t figure why its 12v battery can’t stay charged and If I bought the radio from Amazon or Walmart I would have already returned it for my money back both Lariat and XL radios popped clicked and did unexpected shutdown glitches.
However, I will judge other companies on their seats against Ford level for comfort.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Toyota lost a sale solely on the smell of the high end seat. That fake leather in high end Toyotas are a really bad. Lariat was not available with XL like seats. I do prefer black cloth seats after thinking black seats where a disaster of an idea in Texas summer heat till I bought a super discounted Texas Edition Silverado that nobody would buy for the same reason.
Exasperated salesman said you know just cheap seats covers. Why is everybody not waiting in this truck? Sold! I used beach towels during College because I was a lifeguard, super cheap and kept all the sunscreen and cocabutter from staining seats.
In both trucks with black seats in Texas the extra heating felt because of color was short under 30 seconds. The light gray in my Prius took 10 minutes to not feel hot summer or winter. Great in winter but only useful in summer as a cheap sauna.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Parts.ford.com does not seem to have different foam for the manual seats in the xl vs xlt. It does have different foam for the electric seats. I could be wrong but it makes sense.

Sponsored

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My Lariat seats are comfortable but I mostly do short drives- and I have arthritis and knee and shoulder issues. When I picked it up I adjusted the steering wheel and moved the seat back a little and that has been it. If I take a long trip might have to do more adjusting. People love the look of the interior with the black package.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Have you tried the passenger seat? There could be a cushion deformity on the drivers seat?

StephMavXLT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe leave something heavy on the bolsters overnight to speed up the breaking-in process?

Steph

Call sign "Slick"

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I suffer with severe sciatica and disc problems. It's rare that I find a vehicle that's comfortable. My legs go numb from my bony butt to my feet. I have an XLT on order. If it's uncomfortable (as you say) I'll have a good upholstery shop rebuild it to my spec. One bolster should be relatively inexpensive. Good luck!
Please keep us in the loop of your success........or failures!