First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You're welcome. Are you living in Italy? Military?
Retired Army but I can’t get away from it as I’m a DoD civilian. My F150 was stolen from a shop in Colorado while I’ve been here, and it’s gone. Still hard to absorb that loss.

Oddly enough I was just offered a job down at Ft Huachuca, AZ today but my wife doesn’t want to go there so may ride it out over here awhile longer. Either way my current ride is no longer reliable and the one I thought I had waiting for me probably been chopped and is south of the border by now. Having owned two 70’s Maverick Grabbers it’s going to take a little getting used to the name, lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Retired Army but I can’t get away from it as I’m a DoD civilian. My F150 was stolen from a shop in Colorado while I’ve been here, and it’s gone. Still hard to absorb that loss.

Oddly enough I was just offered a job down at Ft Huachuca, AZ today but my wife doesn’t want to go there so may ride it out over here awhile longer. Either way my current ride is no longer reliable and the one I thought I had waiting for me probably been chopped and is south of the border by now. Having owned two 70’s Maverick Grabbers it’s going to take a little getting used to the name, lol.
Well thank you for your service!! I'm retired AF. That's horrible news about your F150!! You're probably correct that it was chopped and headed South! It's amazing how many trucks, all early model pickups, I see heading South to Mexico every time I travel between Phoenix and Tucson!! I'm not kidding I'll bet I pass 3-5 every single time I'm on the road!! I can't help to wonder where all those trucks are going!
Yeah, it's a whole new Maverick for you!! lol I would love to hear from Ford why they chose that name and didn't go with F100 or some other name. I like the name Maverick so it could've been worse I suppose.

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well thank you for your service!! I'm retired AF. That's horrible news about your F150!! You're probably correct that it was chopped and headed South! It's amazing how many trucks, all early model pickups, I see heading South to Mexico every time I travel between Phoenix and Tucson!! I'm not kidding I'll bet I pass 3-5 every single time I'm on the road!! I can't help to wonder where all those trucks are going!
Yeah, it's a whole new Maverick for you!! lol I would love to hear from Ford why they chose that name and didn't go with F100 or some other name. I like the name Maverick so it could've been worse I suppose.
I like the name too, I just wish I had kept some of my original Maverick swag! Just got back from placing my deposit/order for my Lariat 2.0 FX4 in Hot Pepper Red. They are telling me December build/Jan arrival. So we’ll see. Either way I'm committed now!

OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the name too, I just wish I had kept some of my original Maverick swag! Just got back from placing my deposit/order for my Lariat 2.0 FX4 in Hot Pepper Red. They are telling me December build/Jan arrival. So we’ll see. Either way I'm committed now!
That would have great had you had any of that! Of course you can check eBay, I've found a bunch stuff from the original Maverick there, but I'm sure prices will start climbing as the new Maverick becomes more popular. Good to hear about your order, "may the odds be ever in your favor" for getting an end of the year build date! :)

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great review. Thanks for thinking about us other waiters. That said, the auto magazines would have rated you a D+, because you didn't spend a whole page talking about cup holders.

Man, if Ford is going to stick an extra $3000 on the sticker price, the word will get out quickly, and the Hyundai model will become a lot more attractive.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great review. Thanks for thinking about us other waiters. That said, the auto magazines would have rated you a D+, because you didn't spend a whole page talking about cup holders.

Man, if Ford is going to stick an extra $3000 on the sticker price, the word will get out quickly, and the Hyundai model will become a lot more attractive.
D+!! Thanks for the high rating! 🤣 Funny thing is I've sat in a Maverick (and now test drove one) a few time and it's never occurred to me to check out the famous water bottle docking station!! I think it might because it's such an overrated selling point!! :rolleyes:
I'm currently waiting for the dealership to get one of the two XLTs delivered so I can sit in and test it. I mostly just want to see the interior in real life to get a better idea of the color. Pictures just don't do the interiors justice, the XL looks great, the Lariat look way contrasting for my liking and the XLT I'm hoping will look great too. Anyway, thanks again for the high rating, I'll try to hit the water bottle highlights on my next test drive! Although, tomorrow 10/5, we should be overwhelmed with drive video since the embargo is supposed to be lifted!! If that happens, many hours of viewing lies ahead! o_O

Fordyce1942

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy trax
thanks answered my question about the ease of entry and exit for a senior citizen
Sponsored