First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ll be interested in the hybrid, if it gets 30mpg like the crown, it will make things interesting!
What? The Crown gets only 30 mpg’s?
Sponsored

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t think there can be a true competitor until another manufacturers mini truck has a hybrid engine as well.

Smaller trucks exist but the people want the hybrid and we are stuck with the Maverick since it’s the only one with this platform.
It’s shocking Ford does not seem to be in a hurry to solve its backlog prob wi Mav. No competitor yet, which is odd. I guess resources will go to F-150 Lightning. Ford just has disgruntled existing/potential customers.

Last edited:

Skot5272

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s shocking Ford does not seem to be in a hurry to solve its backlog prob wi Mav
You sure? Didn’t they build another facility and add an additional shift of O read thing’s correctly?

Can’t fix a problem without having the means to do so.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's not competition for the Maverick. Toyota is cooking up something else to compete with the Maverick.
They keep saying that around the internet but the most they’ve said they are looking into it .

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It’s shocking Ford does not seem to be in a hurry to solve its backlog prob wi Mav. No competitor yet, which is odd. I guess resources will go to F-150 Lightning. Ford just has disgruntled existing/potential customers.
They added another shift to maverick production . Except by December to be flood mavericks in circulation . Used prices will go down to

Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah good luck, a 2017 Tacoma is still selling over MSRP of a new one.
It’s going be priced high lol but the base tacoma will compete with colroado and base ranger I think . I expect pro to be 47kish

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It’s going be priced high lol but the base tacoma will compete with colroado and base ranger I think . I expect pro to be 47kish
Add cold weather/tech package assuming you will get to $52/Pro pretty easily -

Sponsored

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks good but the Mav does everything I would use a Taco for but at half the price and much better gas mileage! If I needed to tow something big or extreme off roading then I would look at a Taco or Ranger.
I would just rent something for when I need the capabilities. People often forget that option and instead just compromise on what they drive daily usually in the form of crappy gas mileage.

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They added another shift to maverick production . Except by December to be flood mavericks in circulation . Used prices will go down to
I think it is more correct to say they plan to add another shift or they will add another shift. Even if they do this, it seems to me that flood is not the right word. When I see all this, I’ll believe it.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think it is more correct to say they plan to add another shift or they will add another shift. Even if they do this, it seems to me that flood is not the right word. When I see all this, I’ll believe it.
No they are adding 3rd shift actually it’s online now . Ford authority ran article and yea that’s fair see how how many more mavericks will be produced

dldsm7

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What? The Crown gets only 30 mpg’s?
The crown “hybrid max” (the more powerful hybrid engine) gets 30 average. That’s the one I’d expect in the taco. The smaller motor gets in the 40s I think

dldsm7

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No they are adding 3rd shift actually it’s online now . Ford authority ran article and yea that’s fair see how how many more mavericks will be produced
Not sure I’d want a 3rd shift maverick…
Sponsored