Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes, there will be a number where that tips the balance. However, if the line has been bogged down for hours on a large fleet order, that's still a poor move when there are multiple high end customer orders that could have been built during the same time period. At the end of the day, it gets down to $ per hour of operation, rather than $ per vehicle.
Umm not really, it’s probably a faster process on fleet orders. They’re all the same color and configuration. It’s like a big batch process not onesy twoseys.
Sponsored

Onceforall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Umm not really, it’s probably a faster process on fleet orders. They’re all the same color and configuration. It’s like a big batch process not onesy twoseys.
It's possible they could speed up the line for fleet orders, but not likely as that could disrupt how fast some common tasks need to be performed, eg paint booths, doors, engines, etc. More likely that they just reduce worker numbers for basic fleet vehicles by not having a requirement for specialized tasks at stations that do Lux, inverter installation, power rear windows, etc.

They likely batch similar vehicles in groups, eg cactus grey hybrid runs, XLT Lux runs, etc. not one offs. There may be a spattering of SIBL's in the run, spaced at their capacity level, so those detours do not bog down the line.

Anyway we are both entitled to speculate, since neither one of us is privy to these details.

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's one from a couple weeks ago. Definitely looks like fleet to me. Hopefully they are Ecoboost at least.
mavf.jpg
We need to see if any have hitches.

Cmcbee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Letting these constraint lists get out might be their way of letting customers know they should get XLTs. They show only 15% so it shows they don't want to make them. They can't tell everyone to do it, because they need to advertise the lowest hybrid truck price even if they don't want people to buy it.
Lots of us are waiting on xlt’s

Euby

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

At 460 days, I'm feeling like Horshack from Welcome Back, Kotter.

Ford Maverick Clean-Up Scheduling for week of 1/26/23 1674643058614

Last edited:

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, since Ford didn't schedule many last week, what are odds that they flip the script this week given March is mostly unscheduled? Tim mentioned having over 20 previewing last Friday. A sign Ford plans to "clean up" all of March? There are many models already scheduled out through the end of March.

rudedog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT, 2013 Toyota Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At least Some retail orders are being built this week. I can report that I'm finally in production, if I can believe the vehicle tracking website. It even started prod 1 week early. Course I've only been waiting 461 days so far.

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They will generally not build fleet order vehicles back to back more than 2 or 3 vehicles at a time (they don't build a string of dozens and dozens and dozens). They still maintain a mix of various models based on part availability. They also do not willy-nilly adjust line speed. Keep in mind they are building Bronco Sport mixed in with Mavs.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
They will generally not build fleet order vehicles back to back more than 2 or 3 vehicles at a time (they don't build a string of dozens and dozens and dozens). They still maintain a mix of various models based on part availability. They also do not willy-nilly adjust line speed. Keep in mind they are building Bronco Sport mixed in with Mavs.
AltoBAP,

Any movement on your order from BB? We have (2) on order there but haven't heard anything new. I did make some changes to both orders this week so we'll see. I'm confident we'll get our EB but not so confident on our Hybrid:(

Aerohead

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aerohead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37S, XLR, 74 G10, 2019 Connect Cargo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got my window sticker today (26th) by accident. I occasionally check the Ford build site and Monday low and behold there was a green dot where it says build. After seeing this I called Ford and they said my truck was going into build production (Big big smile). In all this wait would it kill Ford to actually sent out an email or some kind of notification of sta of my order? (they have all my information). Not a word out of Ford since I ordered 1/18/22 and my dealer wasn’t much better. For those of you still waiting, my order is a Lariat EB, A51, with pretty much everything (hold the hot pepper) so there is hope.

Sponsored

Cmcbee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got my window sticker today (26th) by accident. I occasionally check the Ford build site and Monday low and behold there was a green dot where it says build. After seeing this I called Ford and they said my truck was going into build production (Big big smile). In all this wait would it kill Ford to actually sent out an email or some kind of notification of sta of my order? (they have all my information). Not a word out of Ford since I ordered 1/18/22 and my dealer wasn’t much better. For those of you still waiting, my order is a Lariat EB, A51, with pretty much everything (hold the hot pepper) so there is hope.
My dealer keeps telling me that I will know something before they do. Not likely at this rate.

Strokes

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘10 Taco, ‘17 Escape, ‘08 Sienna
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And that may make sense. If all of the fleet orders are indeed XL, then it is not impacting the XLT and Lariat retail order scheduling (unless the fleet orders are scheduled first and eat up all the hybrid capacity). Ford only plans for 15% of their capacity to be XL. In theory 85% of their capacity would be non-fleet orders. The only ones being impacted by this are the XL orders.

But that still raises the question why Ford doesn't have that listed on their constraint list. If the bulk of the XL capacity is going to fleet, wouldn't Ford want to encourage customers to upgrade to XLT?

1674589686839.png
My salesman encouraged me to go to XLT, which I did. In the 15 months wait I was able to save up the extra 2k.

RLader

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB Bronco Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, that's stupid unless Ford has some fleet contract they have to abide by which would trump their retail plans. Ford already doesn't have enough capacity to build the orders they have and fleet contracts tend to be for less than what retail will pay. I just don't understand why they would want to waste capacity on lower-profit fleet orders when the more profitable retail orders are filled beyond what they can build.
IMHO it is more cost efficient to deliver a bunch of vehicles to one place that one to many places. That said my one was shipped January 29. To arrive by end of February?
Sponsored