Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Will all trains switch from UPR to CSX? The screen shot from my dealer says last update: 'received at junction point (union pacific railroad) enroute to Toronto Canada.
Mine switched to CN in Chicago. (Not sure if/when it switched to CSX.)
Sponsored

TdotMav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine switched to CN in Chicago. (Not sure if/when it switched to CSX.)
Thank you that's helpful. Mine is enroute to Chicago so likely after that I should use CN number to track. Do you know if the letters of the rail car mean anything: TTGX820094

Cromwell

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thank you that's helpful. Mine is enroute to Chicago so likely after that I should use CN number to track. Do you know if the letters of the rail car mean anything: TTGX820094
One of the members here posted this info, which is what I've used to track mine. I used the number pad, not voice, except for saying "Done".

Took me forever to figure this out. Maybe it will help others here. Step 3 translated TTGX so you can enter it.
Remember do not stay on to talk with a person. !!!!
1. Call CSX: 1-800-235-2352

2. The first voice prompt: enter 1#.

(for location)

3. Enter Letter code. TTGX becomes

81814192 #

4. Then enter the number part of you rail car ID.

820094#

5. At the next voice prompt enter ## (same as saying "done")

Listen for the location information.

When done, hang up.

The information you'll be given by the voice for location may be a little obscure.

It's important not to be transferred to a real person. HANG UP.

stretch119

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's the path yours will (most likely) also take. After Avon would be Louisville, then nashville, then you.
Screen Shot 2023-01-13 at 7.49.28 AM.png
I’m currently tracking my maverick’s train car and it appears to be following this same route. My dealership is in Akron, Ohio. Do you have any idea how my maverick would get to my dealer after its train car arrives in Avon, Indiana?

Last edited:

BClubb352

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m currently tracking my maverick’s train car and it appears to be following this same route. My dealership is in Akron, Ohio. Do you have any idea how my maverick would get to my dealer after its train car arrives in Avon, Indiana?
The train will travel to the nearest ramp (notated at the bottom of your window sticker) and then the truck will be offloaded from the train car and move to a semi trailer which will take it the final mile to your dealer

Sponsored

stretch119

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The train will travel to the nearest ramp (notated at the bottom of your window sticker) and then the truck will be offloaded from the train car and move to a semi trailer which will take it the final mile to your dealer
Awesome, thanks for sharing. My ramp code is RA4G. According to my google searches, that’s Wayne, Michigan.

First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid (On its way)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm railcar #TTGX977053, latest said Nashville, the estimate is 1/21-27 to here on the coast in FL....including its arrival in Orlando and then trucked over here.

OP
OP
BoricuaBeautyx

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Awesome, thanks for sharing. My ramp code is RA4G. According to my google searches, that’s Wayne, Michigan.
Couldn't find my rail codes location. It's RH48 and I'm suspecting it's Nashville

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is currently en route to Ohio with an ETA of Feb 7. Hearing your story is frightening. I hope that whatever is holding yours up gets resolved for the sake of both of our orders.

Did you get a train car number from your dealer to track your shipment? My dealer told me my car number is TTGX983662 (pretty sure this is a Norfolk Southern car number). I’m surprised because everyone seems to say that everything east of the Mississippi should be shipped on CSX. I got the shipped notification early Thursday morning, but Norfolk Southern still says that no tracking info is available when I call.
A rail car can be used by any railroad company for any or all part of a delivery. The freight fee is split between the companies based on days and miles traveled on all carriers. If csx pulls the Norfolk Southern and wants to keep using it the just pay the car rental for each day whether it's traveling or sitting. If csx doesn't need the car csx will move it to a siding either owned by Norfolk or to any siding that will provide it to any carrier that needs it and is willing to pay the rent. Norfolk has the option to haul the empty or pay another railroad to haul the empty to wherever it's needed.

TdotMav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One of the members here posted this info, which is what I've used to track mine. I used the number pad, not voice, except for saying "Done".

Took me forever to figure this out. Maybe it will help others here. Step 3 translated TTGX so you can enter it.
Remember do not stay on to talk with a person. !!!!
1. Call CSX: 1-800-235-2352

2. The first voice prompt: enter 1#.

(for location)

3. Enter Letter code. TTGX becomes

81814192 #

4. Then enter the number part of you rail car ID.

820094#

5. At the next voice prompt enter ## (same as saying "done")

Listen for the location information.

When done, hang up.

The information you'll be given by the voice for location may be a little obscure.

It's important not to be transferred to a real person. HANG UP.
Thanks for this info but I put all of this info in and it said 'car arrived in Chicago Illinois in April...so obviously this isn't right. I used the UP phone # and it gave me description of where the rail car is and it sounds accurate. Arriving in Chicago on Jan 20th. My question is once it arrives in Chicago, will it continue to be UP or will it change to different rail?

Sponsored

Cromwell

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks for this info but I put all of this info in and it said 'car arrived in Chicago Illinois in April...so obviously this isn't right. I used the UP phone # and it gave me description of where the rail car is and it sounds accurate. Arriving in Chicago on Jan 20th. My question is once it arrives in Chicago, will it continue to be UP or will it change to different rail?
All I can tell you is that mine changed to CN in Chicago and CN does not provide tracking unless you are registered as a customer (as far as I could tell). CSX has tracked my order as far to Moncton so far.

sgtcurry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Palisade, Model X, Ioniq 5
Engine
Undecided
Did you guys get your rail car info from ford marketing? I called and they told me they don't have the tracking info but they did tell me it was in a railyard currently about 20 minutes from my dealer. They told me the date would be 21-28th while ford's original estimate was the 25-31st. My maverick shipped out on the 8th.

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

stretch119

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you guys get your rail car info from ford marketing? I called and they told me they don't have the tracking info but they did tell me it was in a railyard currently about 20 minutes from my dealer. They told me the date would be 21-28th while ford's original estimate was the 25-31st. My maverick shipped out on the 8th.
I got my rail car number from my dealer. You might get some push-back if you ask for it. My dealer initially told me that the rail car information isn’t available to them, but they found it when I asked them to try looking it up.

OP
OP
BoricuaBeautyx

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't. I thought about calling, but my Mav hasn't moved from the lot. It's been awaiting shipment since the 7th
Sponsored