2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have just passed the 10-month mark of waiting for my Maverick, and now that the truck has FINALLY been built and shipped out from the factory, this may be the hardest part of the wait so far. The rail car my truck is on has been knocking around various depots in the Chicago area since Wednesday of last week. Why can't they just get it headed east again and get it to the final rail depot to be picked up and trucked to my dealer's lot?

At this point, it's so close but so far away. I know I'm going to get the truck soon, but not sure exactly when. It's at the mercy of the rail gods and vehicle transport folks now. Nothing I or my dealer can do. It'll get there when it gets there.

Ford'd official estimate is 12/12-12/18, which may prove about right. Until then, I just hope, pray and check the rail car tracking about 5 times a day!
Sponsored

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT EB FX4 Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know the pain, it was frustrating to see my MAV sitting 60 miles from the house for almost a week, she is on her way....worth the wait!

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Take this time to make sure the numbers are solid so there are no surprises when your Maverick actually shows up

TdotMav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hope the car shows up soon...the wait is agonizing. Can you inform us how to check rail car status? Is there a website to check once your car is 'shipped'.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I mentioned in the other thread that this is the experience for MOST people getting a truck shipped through the Delaware yard. Mine did the same thing. I'm pretty sure they wait until they have enough rail cars to maximize profit on the haul rather than do smaller more frequent trips. My father's Maverick must have left the factory at the same exact time because his is on the same journey to Delaware. It is what it is

Sponsored

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hope the car shows up soon...the wait is agonizing. Can you inform us how to check rail car status? Is there a website to check once your car is 'shipped'.
You need to get your rail car number from your dealer. Some are willing to give that info out, others are not. They are not required to give you the rail car info but maybe if you ask nicely. You might also be able to get it from Ford chat but I went to the dealer.

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have just passed the 10-month mark of waiting for my Maverick, and now that the truck has FINALLY been built and shipped out from the factory, this may be the hardest part of the wait so far. The rail car my truck is on has been knocking around various depots in the Chicago area since Wednesday of last week. Why can't they just get it headed east again and get it to the final rail depot to be picked up and trucked to my dealer's lot?

At this point, it's so close but so far away. I know I'm going to get the truck soon, but not sure exactly when. It's at the mercy of the rail gods and vehicle transport folks now. Nothing I or my dealer can do. It'll get there when it gets there.

Ford'd official estimate is 12/12-12/18, which may prove about right. Until then, I just hope, pray and check the rail car tracking about 5 times a day!
Mine sat just on this side of the border for about 2 weeks and never updated again. Then one day i get the message that it is here and at my dealer. Hopefully you will get a nice surprise like that.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Take this time to make sure the numbers are solid so there are no surprises when your Maverick actually shows up
Have been in touch with my dealer. I think we are good, but I did ask him to send me final paperwork via email before I come in to get the truck. Hoping that by the time it finally shows up, I can be in and out of the dealer in less than an hour.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just click on the "TRACKERS" link in the header of this page. That first thread explains it all, and has phone numbers and instructions for using the various rail trackers.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The wait is the most awful thing!! Had the same issue with my black Maverick.
The last month, from the factory to my dealer, was the worst waiting of all. Nothing I can really tell you that you don't already know. Just be glad your truck is actually built and on its way to you. It will get there!

Sponsored

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Well get this: the internet sales manager at my dealer ordered a full-size Bronco many months ago. It was finally built and shipped. He tracked it all the way down to Texas, and San Antonio (where their vehicles offload for delivery). It wasn't offloaded, and he watched as it went on to Hondo, Sabinal, Uvalde, and then Eagle Pass. WTF??? Maybe it's going on to Tucson to hook up to a load of Mavericks, and then return ;)

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford gave my Maverick 10 days to ship. Sounds wildly optimistic.
Sponsored