First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did select this pkg and am complaining about it. Ford just missed on it, therefore I am very disappointed. Thinking of swapping it out for the XLT Luxury Pkg since I haven't been scheduled. That seems to get more bang for the buck.
I got the luxury package for the power and heated seats, heated outside mirrors, trailer hitch, nicer heated steering wheel, and the couple of power inverters and bed lighting. The rest of the package is not as interesting to me.

Nothing in it is a make or break item, but I plan on keeping this vehicle a long time, so hopefully the cost of the package amortized over the life of the vehicle is $100 a year.
Sponsored

TpaTruck

So @TpaTruck If you actually go to Hyundai's website and look at the drivetrain specs for the Santa Cruz you will see that you are incorrect..........twice apparently.

santa cruz trans.png
I guess other websites like to make these things up then. I'm not wrong, the websites providing the info are if anything. I never said the Santa Cruz didn't have a DCT, I just said it did have a CVT... Twice.

On top of this by the way, the point was the Santa Cruz transmission is sluggish... Regardless of what it's called. I love how people on this site like to point out pieces of information that aren't even part of the point... Just to feel important. Dual clutch, CVT, whatever they use, it's crap for acceleration.

Now back to the Maverick...

Last edited by a moderator:

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I called my salesman a few mins ago and made the changes since I haven't been scheduled yet. Went from Iconic Silver with BAP, Floor Liners and Hitch to Cactus Gray with just BAP and now at Shadow Black with XLT Lux. In the long run the Lux Pkg will better suit me than the BAP.

I think once/if I get it, it will look awesome lowered and striped up the way I am going to have it done. Time will tell, as I probably still have a long wait ahead of me.

Reactions: bgn

GonnaGetItOneDay

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento (sold in September)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really like the interior, it actually looks much darker than the pictures.
... It's not black though! Glad you like it, but Ford really pulled a fast one on everyone who ordered the BAP with XLT...

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's just smoke gray in my opinion. And they left the headliner the off white color. I'm so glad I made the switch to the Lux Pkg and dropped BAP.

Sponsored

spleener

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT - Iconic Silver w/ LUX and BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If people are expecting this ….. this interior part of the new Honda ridgeline that is 46k. …. FYI .

1D6E73D3-4BE2-4192-991C-C3FB571F3F4B.jpeg
"People" who ordered this package (me included) were "expecting" a black/onyx interior -- you know, like the one Ford advertised and showed rendered images of online when selecting the BAP in the Build & Price tool.

Ford Maverick BAP Black Appearance Package 2023 Maverick spotted! Front, Back & Interior! 📸 vehicle1

The actual BAP XLT interior looks nothing like what was advertised or described. It's not a black interior, it's a grey interior. It's false advertising.

Last edited by a moderator:

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Haggs

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, Maverick, 1981 Yamaha Midnight Maxim
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
... It's not black though! Glad you like it, but Ford really pulled a fast one on everyone who ordered the BAP with XLT...
I will see if i can get some better (more true to reality) pictures tomorrow. I think the filters that are on phones enhance the colors artificially. It is a lot like Spleeners post of the Ford promotional pics.

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm in the minority here, but I like all the orange interior accents in the XLT interior. It's unique. That said, I think a shadow black Maverick with BAP would be cool. As close to a factory midnight edition or "murdered out" Maverick you can get.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On top of this by the way, the point was the Santa Cruz transmission is sluggish... Regardless of what it's called. I love how people on this site like to point out pieces of information that aren't even part of the point... Just to feel important. Dual clutch, CVT, whatever they use, it's crap for acceleration.
DCTs are used in plenty of performance vehicles (if anything they're better suited for that than a daily driver). More likely you just drove the non-turbocharged version. 33% less horsepower and 42% less torque will feel more sluggish; it's almost a second slower to 60 mph than even the Hybrid Maverick.

Sponsored

TpaTruck

DCTs are used in plenty of performance vehicles (if anything they're better suited for that than a daily driver). More likely you just drove the non-turbocharged version; 33% less horsepower and 42% less torque will feel more sluggish.
I hear what you're saying. I drove the 2.5L turbo, 281 HP. It didn't have the pep anywhere near like the Maverick EB does. I didn't even know how good the acceleration in the EB would be until it got delivered... And if it was bad I would have passed on it as well.

Whether it's the transmission, the engine, or any other parts, bottom line was I wanted the Santa Cruz turbo, but it just did not have good acceleration.

spleener

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will see if i can get some better (more true to reality) pictures tomorrow. I think the filters that are on phones enhance the colors artificially. It is a lot like Spleeners post of the Ford promotional pics.
I hope you're right Haggs that it looks better in person than in these photos. I just called to try and have it removed but I'm scheduled for 1/13 and can't make any changes at this point. Oh well, it is what it is.

TpaTruck

I hope you're right Haggs that it looks better in person than in these photos. I just called to try and have it removed but I'm scheduled for 1/13 and can't make any changes at this point. Oh well, it is what it is.
Did you get an email for your scheduling date previously..or did you only just find out cuz you called? I'm asking because I believe Tim said there was no scheduling this week

spleener

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you get an email for your scheduling date previously..or did you only just find out cuz you called? I'm asking because I believe Tim said there was no scheduling this week
I had gotten a scheduling email a few weeks ago, but I've learned not to really trust the communications I receive from this company 😑

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
LOL that is not a black interior....
Sponsored