First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Straight from the Maverick Hybrid Trip 2 screen.

Total miles traveled was 2807.7 miles. It took 70 hours and 45 minutes to travel that distance.

70 hours and 45 minutes is 70.75 hours (45/60 is 0.75)

Total miles traveled divided by time it took to travel is average speed

So 2807.7 miles divided by 70.75 hours give the average speed of 39.68 MPH which I rounded up to 39.7 MPH

Looking at it another way if you drove at a constant 39.68 MPH for 70.75 hours how far would you have traveled:

39.68 MPH times 70.75 hours equals 2807.36 miles

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 1.jpg
I see! Thank you for explaining. I guess I've not considered that in my calculations much before. I was thinking that sounds low. I guess if the driver sat in the truck and ate lunch with the ac running, that works lower the average, but then again, I guess that still makes these numbers impressive, regardless.

I really just want the EPA ratings.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Which brand do you use?
This is the one I'm currently using. I've no issues with at all since I bought it on July 24th.

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Holy Smoke they really cut down to the barrels. I dont like guts hanging out like that. Looks like an injection molded abs would cover that nicely. Also to keep seats comfortable they opted for more padding so it does not sit flat. If they used higher grade seat material they could thin it out more but hay we are are getting a lot for this price considering the alternatives.
I asked the Trainer that was showing the Maverick in Tucson about why the equipment behind the rear seat was so exposed and he stated that the seat wasn't designed to lay flat and nothing behind seat covered because moving the rear seat forward was only meant to allow access to the tire jack, not be left folded down.
So I'm sure Ford could have certainly "cleaned" up behind the seat and even made the seat differently so the back would lay flat, but that would've added to the cost of the vehicle. I'm also sure that trying to meet a price point meant compromises were made. Just my opinion.

frrocketdan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I asked the Trainer that was showing the Maverick in Tucson about why the equipment behind the rear seat was so exposed and he stated that the seat wasn't designed to lay flat and nothing behind seat covered because moving the rear seat forward was only meant to allow access to the tire jack, not be left folded down.
So I'm sure Ford could have certainly "cleaned" up behind the seat and even made the seat differently so the back would lay flat, but that would've added to the cost of the vehicle. I'm also sure that trying to meet a price point meant compromises were made. Just my opinion.
Makes sense to me. There’s the under seat storage and I can’t think of another reason to fold the seats flat since you’ve got the bed for larger items. Then again I’ve never owned a truck or had dogs so.

MtnLuv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrids are a no brainer and better in every respect, unless you want a muscle truck. I've had 5 hybrids now, all Toyota, all excellent. Ford's system is essentially the same, no worries for me.
Unless you need HP and torque. If you are looking to stay in city, then yes, hybrids are great. Driving in mtns on dirt roads??? Hauling 1500 lbs on hilly freeways, not so sure either. This will be a great learning experience for the industry.

Sponsored

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Think of the backside of the seat as the spare tire/jack storage compartment in a sedan trunk. Nobody (that I know of at least) ever leaves the cover off the tire storage compartment.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OH no, what if I need to grab a sleeve of legal paper through the back window? :)

Seriously, if it wasn't included in my order I don't see the use.
The only reason I added the window to my build is because I currently have a manual rear window on '04 Ranger which I leave slightly opened to prevent heat build up in it. The interior of a vehicle gets really warm in Southwest even with tinted windows and sunshade on the front windshield. Otherwise yes, the small window size on the Maverick is kinda limiting on it's uses.

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got to see a hybrid lariat in person on lunch break. Took a few pictures was able to pull out the head rest and fold the rear seat down. Figured a few ppl would appreciate that detail. Also had a fellow that was 6'5" in the driver's seat and had plenty of room for me at 5'11".

The Ford trainer has been making his rounds to the local dealers so a lot of mixed mileage around here maybe 20-45min highway and same through city streets so good feel for an average hybrid MPG.

Update: Another note about fuel economy - the Ford rep said most of his colleagues have been reporting better MPG highway and city than what the EPA estimate is. Said he had hear from many of the others that the 2.0 EcoBoost is a few MPG over 30 and some getting upwards of 34 MPG hwy.

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 1.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 2.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 9.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 10.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 11.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 4.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 8.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 3.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 6.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 5.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 7.jpg
I love how clean those gauges are. So much better than the early pre production builds. Everything about the mav reminds me of how simple trucks used to be back in the day. And by that I mean like 2005.