bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrids are a no brainer and better in every respect, unless you want a muscle truck. I've had 5 hybrids now, all Toyota, all excellent. Ford's system is essentially the same, no worries for me.
I mean compared to other hybrids, is the Maverick's battery mileage percentage underperforming, overperforming, or average.
Sponsored

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
1631303314167.png

I noticed this motor????
in the rear behind the rear seats!!!
Is this for the sun roof or did they moterize the manual rear window?
Bingo! The power rear window is standard on the Lariat:
Ford Maverick Hybrid Maverick showing 37.4 MPG + rear seats folded w/ headrests removed (pics) 1631311567055

Brsbill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 sta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
She would benefit from a smile! Catches my flies, so to speak.
She is 5.7 for height reference I am 6ft tall no problem for me in both front and back seat. Not as much as my 05 sta but very good. Like most 22yr olds she does not care about cars other than a-b.

Brsbill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 sta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
She would benefit from a smile! Catches my flies, so to speak.
She is 5.7 for height reference I am 6ft tall no problem for me in both front and back seat. Not as much as my 05 sta but very good. Like most 22yr olds she does not care about cars other than a-b.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From those mileage/time numbers here is some math:

Average speed over those 2807.7 miles was 39.7 MPH
(2807.7 miles / 70.75 hours) = 39.7 MPH

471.5 electric miles is 16.8% of the total miles
471.5 / 2807.7 = 16.8%
Just when I thought is was safe to enjoy the visual aura of information of the hybrid, suddenly out of nowhere comes math to slap reality on it!! o_O :cautious:😂:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
Just got to see a hybrid lariat in person on lunch break. Took a few pictures was able to pull out the head rest and fold the rear seat down. Figured a few ppl would appreciate that detail. Also had a fellow that was 6'5" in the driver's seat and had plenty of room for me at 5'11".

The Ford trainer has been making his rounds to the local dealers so a lot of mixed mileage around here maybe 20-45min highway and same through city streets so good feel for an average hybrid MPG.

Update: Another note about fuel economy - the Ford rep said most of his colleagues have been reporting better MPG highway and city than what the EPA estimate is. Said he had hear from many of the others that the 2.0 EcoBoost is a few MPG over 30 and some getting upwards of 34 MPG hwy.

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 1.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 2.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 9.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 10.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 11.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 4.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 8.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 3.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 6.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 5.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 7.jpg
Thanks for posting! Great pics! This is basically the build I've ordered. Mine will have the first edition and lux packages, but it's great to see the carbonized gray Lariat hybrid! Man, that looks awesome!

Truck2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota highlander hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It doesn't lock in the folded position so if u were thinking of laying it down for the dogs to sit that might not be the best option
Not a good idea, when ‘folded’ the rear seat is at a tall angle. Plus there is all that exposed stuff on the back wall. The rear seat does not lay flat at all. The seat bottom is too tall and prevents it from laying flat.

Ford Maverick Hybrid Maverick showing 37.4 MPG + rear seats folded w/ headrests removed (pics) 15E9D0F7-9EAA-4B17-93DF-0B7F228B1A23

Last edited:

Truck2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota highlander hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The bigger WOW is that’s over 2800 miles not one trip. EPA 37 combined sounds like a real number. For. A. Truck. BAM! o_O
I might be wrong…thinking the rep said (or meant to say) it got 43mpg on a 38 mile city only driving session. At first I was thinking 37mpg combined is not good but if rated at only 40mpg city then combined that is not a bad figure.

dmccorkle33

First Name
David McCorkle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid Lariat, 2022 Tesla Model Y Perf
I mean compared to other hybrids, is the Maverick's battery mileage percentage underperforming, overperforming, or average.
I own a 2014 chevy volt plug in hybrid. Over 120k miles my average is 48.2 mpg. I get 30 miles typically on battery. I drive almost 70-80 miles per day all Freeway. The volt was not designed for this but I still manage pretty good mileage. A customer of mine has 4 Prius and they average between 40 and 45. I live in Phoenix. It all comes down to how you drive. In the volt which is very aerodynamic I find that every 5 mph over 65 increases my power consumption by 10-15%. I also found that the volt drives best at a top speed of not more than 70. So in this case if you drive 80 mph it will use 30-45% more fuel/power vs 65 mph to maintain that speed simply from wind resistance.

Last edited:

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
So, I do appreciate the math, but it’s important to keep in mind 16.8% is based solely on mathematics for one driver w/o knowledge of the driver’s driving style.

I’ve never considered trying to break this down as a percentage. However, I can tell you that in my wife’s IONIQ, I get between 62 and 68 mpg driving around 130 miles round trip for work - combo of two-lane country roads, state highway, and interstate. Now, this is when I set the active cruise to five miles over the speed limit and let it regulate my speed. Now, if I take over, get in a hurry, and drive aggressively, I cut around 10 miles off my mpg (maybe in the 52-55 mpg). The Ioniq is rated an average of 59 mpg. Therefore, driving style makes the world of difference with the hybrid. So, personally, I wouldn’t put much stock into the 16.8% mentioned earlier. It’s cool knowing that the trainer was averaging 37.4 mpg though.

Sponsored
OP
OP
04mach146

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
Did not take a photo but darn…that sliding rear window is tiny tiny.
It is a lot smaller than I thought it would be but still useful for me as it'll just be for my kid to access a cooler for drinks and snacks.

Truck2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota highlander hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrids are a no brainer and better in every respect, unless you want a muscle truck. I've had 5 hybrids now, all Toyota, all excellent. Ford's system is essentially the same, no worries for me.
Each gen of the toyota hybrids cvt(if correct name) gets better and less of a ‘rubber band’ effect sound/feel when pressing the gas peddle vs the engine responding. I just hope the Ford hybrid transmission (ecvt) is a small in operation as Toyotas be it they are the same design (mostly).

I really like my 2020 highlander hybrid limited (be it only a 4 bagger). It is amazing to me that it gets 36mpg all day long yet is as big as it is inside and can stuff a lot of things in it :)

One does hear the engine more then a 6 banger but it is a, somewhat, small price to pay to get 36mpg all the time.

Truck2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota highlander hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is a lot smaller than I thought it would be but still useful for me as it'll just be for my kid to access a cooler for drinks and snacks.
Sounds like a plan. Just make sure that cooler it tall enough and tied against the front of the truck centered :).
I was actually surprised how tall the side walls of the truck bed were. Then again, compared to a F150 or Ridgeline one probably figures the Maverick is a Tonya toy sized truck.

Ford Maverick Hybrid Maverick showing 37.4 MPG + rear seats folded w/ headrests removed (pics) 2725B9A1-C11B-42D7-A67E-00FE998A630F

Truck2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota highlander hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for posting! Great pics! This is basically the build I've ordered. Mine will have the first edition and lux packages, but it's great to see the carbonized gray Lariat hybrid! Man, that looks awesome!
What…you mean this color :)
It pains me to think this though if I get a XL trim hybrid I might end up getting the iconic silver (yes like vanilla ice cream dammit). The Area51 is a cool color though for me it seems I would get tired of it quickly on this truck. I like the carbonized gray though worry about it showing dirt more then I would like.

Ford Maverick Hybrid Maverick showing 37.4 MPG + rear seats folded w/ headrests removed (pics) 8F2E198E-AA19-44AB-B26E-9ED3648E1FC3
Sponsored

Last edited: