First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't even started looking at a Maverick until the end of August and still got an order in on the day they opened. I decided then that even if I was lucky enough to be in the first batch of EBs to be built, I'm not telling anyone. Simply because no good will come of it. Plus, it's harder for the naysayers to naysay when it is in my driveway.

Aman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Asif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anybody who ordered a MY23 gotten a build date or a VIN yet? Especially hybrid XLT
May be they start giving VIN # in middle of November>

Sponsored

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anybody who ordered a MY23 gotten a build date or a VIN yet? Especially hybrid XLT
I see you are fairly new to the forum. It took me over a year to get my 2022 VIN. You wont get a VIN until you get scheduled. Which won't be until after all the cancelled 2022 VIN's are built. If you are a new 2023 order you will also have to wait for all of the 2022 rollovers to be built.

All of this is subject to constraints.

There are two choices.
  1. patience
  2. regularly vent
Both are common in this forum.

Mike215

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

ClintonDix

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I actually called Ford Customer Service today to try and get a couple answers about this. The person I talked to said that 23 production is going to start towards the end of the month (I'm assuming they meant November). They also mentioned that scheduling happens on Thursday's, and said to keep an eye for an email from Ford on those days

TheQuixotic1

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford C-Max SEL. 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I see you are fairly new to the forum. It took me over a year to get my 2022 VIN. You wont get a VIN until you get scheduled. Which won't be until after all the cancelled 2022 VIN's are built. If you are a new 2023 order you will also have to wait for all of the 2022 rollovers to be built.

All of this is subject to constraints.

There are two choices.
  1. patience
  2. regularly vent
Both are common in this forum.
I could absolutely be misremembering what I read, but I thought that since the remaining MY22s didn't rollover automatically that they all went in as "normal" MY23 orders with dealers instructed to mark them priority 10?

Sponsored
OP
OP

BCourteau

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I actually called Ford Customer Service today to try and get a couple answers about this. The person I talked to said that 23 production is going to start towards the end of the month (I'm assuming they meant November). They also mentioned that scheduling happens on Thursday's, and said to keep an eye for an email from Ford on those days
Production or scheduling at the end of the month?

Alkaiser702

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I could absolutely be misremembering what I read, but I thought that since the remaining MY22s didn't rollover automatically that they all went in as "normal" MY23 orders with dealers instructed to mark them priority 10?
There is another set of orders that had VINs and scheduled for production but are being converted by FoMoCo to 23s with priority 2. These are what the other person was referring to.

alquay99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am frustrated to the point I am exploring options other than the Maverick.
My dealer is useless and so is Ford Customer Service
My 12/08/21 XLT Ecoboost had to be rolled over but ....
1. My MY23 order is stuck at priority 19 and dealer sales manager says this is the best available (thinks I am an idiot) and we took off my bedliner and Tonneau cover
2. Private offer is not assigned to my MY23 order - Dealer says it is only assigned when the VIN number is generated - Again this is BS

So I called my Dealer and asked for all the options I removed to be added back as priority 19 is gonna take 6 to 11 months and I would rather get exactly the truck I wanted with factory installed options

I get the feeling my dealer wants me to walk away from my order. I WILL NOT and I will buy something else to tide me over and still take my maverick even if I have to flip it .

Ford Customer Service no longer gives you information on your priority code and dish out generalities in a futile attempt to placate order holders.

Ford can build trucks but they suck with the business of selling and communication. I understand the dealers are independent operators but I think they should move to a Tesla model and take retail orders out of the dealers hands and manage them centrally. The dealers are either incompetent or willfully rigging the system and therefore providing NOT a consistent and fair customer experience.

Last edited:

over2000lbs

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150, 2023 Maverick (rollover from 2022)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We'll know by Friday morning as orders are currently previewing and nothing is officially scheduled(and assigned VINs) til Thursday afternoon-Friday morning.

Buckle up it's gonna be a bumpy ride for most 😆

alquay99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Correction
I am frustrated to the point I am exploring options other than the Maverick.
My dealer is useless and so is Ford Customer Service
My 12/08/21 XLT Ecoboost had to be rolled over but ....
1. My MY23 order is stuck at priority 19 and dealer sales manager says this is the best available (thinks I am an idiot) and we took off my bedliner and Tonneau cover
2. Private offer is not assigned to my MY23 order - Dealer says it is only assigned when the VIN number is generated - Again this is BS

So I called my Dealer and asked for all the options I removed to be added back as priority 19 is gonna take 6 to 11 months and I would rather get exactly the truck I wanted with factory installed options

I get the feeling my dealer wants me to walk away from my order. I WILL NOT and I will buy something else to tide me over and still take my maverick even if I have to flip it .

Ford Customer Service no longer gives you information on your priority code and dish out generalities in a futile attempt to placate order holders.

Ford can build trucks but they suck with the business of selling and communication. I understand the dealers are independent operators but I think they should move to a Tesla model and take retail orders out of the dealers hands and manage them centrally. The dealers are either incompetent or willfully rigging the system and therefore NOT providing consistent and fair customer experience.
Sponsored