Sponsored

How many of you are moving on after getting cancelled?

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great you posted this, we're heading to the Hyundai dealer tomorrow to look at a SEL AWD in Hampton Grey just to check it out. Gotta keep our options open.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
You don't order the Hyndais so to speak. They just kinda churn them out and send to dealers. You can let a dealer know what you want, but ultimately it's a matter of luck if they get it close. Better off looking around for what meets you needs in area vs locking in to a dealer.
Oh, so it's kinda like just finding one on the lot and buying it. You don't really get it the way you want it you have to compromise. You get it now versus having to wait is the plus side.........right?

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will probably pick up a Honda Civic sedan before end of year. For my families needs that will get the job done. I do have a 23 Maverick on order but no way to know if that one will turn up.

So the better question might be- are you going to cancel your 22 rollover or still take it when it eventually shows up?

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had to buy a Santa Cruz because I literally couldn't wait for my maverick, it's costed me well over a grand keeping my old car going for more than a year since I ordered.

Getting a VIN in August was a HUGE relief, I really thought I was going to get it. Ford made sure to keep me thinking I was getting it, what with all the build date changes. The late November date email was my 9th push, and technically after talking with Ford chat, my December date was push #10.

Ford's incompetence screwed me over badly, and I know I'm nowhere near as bad as some others here. You're a trash company Ford. /End rant. I had to vent lol.
Spending a grand is not a big deal buying a different car with the current interest environment is crazy. I know you wish it went towards the Maverick but it is what it is. Eaten plenty of 💩 Sammies the last 2 years.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pikey87

Pikey87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Spending a grand is not a big deal buying a different car with the current interest environment is crazy. I know you wish it went towards the Maverick but it is what it is. Eaten plenty of 💩 Sammies the last 2 years.
Fair, but buying the maverick was planned. Running my old car more than a year past expected because Ford strung me along with a VIN and production dates was not. The one and only reason for it was because of Fords multiple failures.

Clive

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick How many of you are moving on after getting cancelled? 124BF434-2EDC-4F21-A4C7-393C3173E6DC
Did this on a lark today… dealer contacted me and said “thank your reservation for the 2025 Silverado EV“.

2025? Hey, at this point I’m used to waiting.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Move on to what? There are no other sub-$30k small hybrid pickups. If I had to get a full ICE pickup I might as well stick with my '03 Sport Trac, which I still like.

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fair, but buying the maverick was planned. Running my old car more than a year past expected because Ford strung me along with a VIN and production dates was not. The one and only reason for it was because of Fords multiple failures.
Right but everyone has been having these issues. I read Honda sales are down 59% due to parts constraints. These companies source parts from places like China where the huge hub of auto parts production relies on hydro electricity and guess what? Drought hit them so they aren't generating enough electricity so the government is prioritizing electricity for civilians running AC instead of factories churning out parts. Why they don't have nuclear power or gas power backup is beyond me. Amazing redundancy isn't in their vocab.

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I haven't seen a Santa Cruz under $40,000 in stock at any dealer within 250 miles.

Just checked again, and yep...still the same great "selection."
Ford Maverick How many of you are moving on after getting cancelled? 1666237292876

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pikey87

Pikey87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Right but everyone has been having these issues. I read Honda sales are down 59% due to parts constraints. These companies source parts from places like China where the huge hub of auto parts production relies on hydro electricity and guess what? Drought hit them so they aren't generating enough electricity so the government is prioritizing electricity for civilians running AC instead of factories churning out parts. Why they don't have nuclear power or gas power backup is beyond me. Amazing redundancy isn't in their vocab.
I'm not aware of anyone else waiting over a year for a sub 25k vehicle. My mavericks already the running joke at my work, I told the story a couple times now lol, but over a dozen people have ordered cars after me, one 9 months after! All of them, each and every single one, have gotten their vehicles. Ranging from rav 4 hybrids, some full size trucks, a Prius, a Tesla, etc. None of them waited more than 5 months.

OP
OP
Pikey87

Pikey87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't seen a Santa Cruz under $40,000 in stock at any dealer within 250 miles.

Just checked again, and yep...still the same great "selection."
1666237292876.png
Yup, that was my problem too lol. Keep looking, and ask as soon as one pops up. That's how I lucked into mine.

MeverickGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Early November 2021 order rolled over ordered a 2023. Looking hard at the new 2023 Toyota Corolla Hybrid with starting MSRP $22,800. Dynamic Radar Cruise Control standard even on the lowest trim. Never had a truck and probably never will now.

mjkladis

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
K byeeeee

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not aware of anyone else waiting over a year for a sub 25k vehicle. My mavericks already the running joke at my work, I told the story a couple times now lol, but over a dozen people have ordered cars after me, one 9 months after! All of them, each and every single one, have gotten their vehicles. Ranging from rav 4 hybrids, some full size trucks, a Prius, a Tesla, etc. None of them waited more than 5 months.
That's impressive they got hybrid Toyota's in 5 months heard a recent dealer interview where it was minimum 9 months and most are over a year. Rav 4 prime is 2 years! None of those vehicles offer the price to value as the Ford Maverick so I will continue to wait for mine. I guess I'm spoiled since I don't need a new vehicle like you. The Maverick was out of curiosity and because of the crazy car market we netted $10k from our CR-V sale to put into the Maverick so why not. Never had a truck or a Ford before so it will be an interesting experience.
Sponsored