Sponsored

What will the trim levels be called?

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Hello all, SG here.

Question: what does everyone here think Ford will call all of the trim levels for the Maverick? My guess is that they will stick to the same formula as the the Ranger and the F-150 and do XL, XLT, and Lariat. Maybe King Ranch for like a top trim (just guessing...)? Either way, going this route would seem to be the most logical if Ford really wants to capitalize on this being a proper pickup truck.
Sponsored

NavyBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Sounds like a reasonable explanation of the trim levels. I would like a XL trim level with a manual transmission. That is the only thing that I missed with my current Ranger.

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
Hello all, SG here.

Question: what does everyone here think Ford will call all of the trim levels for the Maverick? My guess is that they will stick to the same formula as the the Ranger and the F-150 and do XL, XLT, and Lariat. Maybe King Ranch for like a top trim (just guessing...)? Either way, going this route would seem to be the most logical if Ford really wants to capitalize on this being a proper pickup truck.
I think they will stay with the same formula, However I would like to see an extra "Stand alone" trim level. Maybe a sport version called the "Grabber".

OP
OP
Sergeant Gearhead

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Sounds like a reasonable explanation of the trim levels. I would like a XL trim level with a manual transmission. That is the only thing that I missed with my current Ranger.
Yeah, not only does it fit with the rest of the trucks in Ford's lineup, but the names also roll of the tongue well too (I especially think Maverick XL and Maverick XLT have a nice ring to it).

I think they will stay with the same formula, However I would like to see an extra "Stand alone" trim level. Maybe a sport version called the "Grabber".
A Maverick Grabber sounds nice. I assume you're talking about the original Mav when you suggest that?

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
Yeah, not only does it fit with the rest of the trucks in Ford's lineup, but the names also roll of the tongue well too (I especially think Maverick XL and Maverick XLT have a nice ring to it).

A Maverick Grabber sounds nice. I assume you're talking about the original Mav when you suggest that?
Yes, I think a sport or luxury model would be good. Somehow the "Maverick Raptor" does not sound right and not the market they are going for.

Sponsored

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
volvol
Engine
Undecided
I would love to a a Grabber trim from the 71-73 Maverick Grabber style, maybe even with the twin hood scoops.
Red with the black and gold lower side stripe, portion of the hood black and portion of the tailgate in black.

With the 2.3 Liter from the Focus RS, paddle shifters or manual transmission, AWD, console and bucket seats.transmission.
Finish it off with a matching black solid tonneau cover.

Wish I knew how to work the GIMP photo editor, would be fun to try and create this.

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Totally unrealistically, I'm hoping for a hot hybrid version to revive the "Lightning" name. I don't want a lowered street performance oriented truck though, so what I want might not be seen as a good fit. Unless you add some adjustable suspension to my rapidly not-budget truck... ha

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hello all, SG here.

That being the case, hopefully weā€™ll see a Tremor version too! That would be awesome šŸ˜Ž

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sergeant Gearhead

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
So which trim is gonna come with frontier/bronco sport style roof racks? šŸ˜
Can't say I know which trims they'll do it on (granted there's even the option for that). Perhaps if they do a Tremor or something like that I could see roof rails as standard equipment. Any other trim would likely offer an option like that as a factory-installed accessory. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
Indeed it would be! Maybe a 2.0 L EB and the twin-clutch RWD from the Bronco Sport Badlands/Focus RS would help it fit the bill.
Iā€™d go for a Maverick ST, more street oriented sport truck. I fee this truck may grab some tuner/street/mini truck enthusiasts. A simple, safe tune, of even the 2.0 could yield 300HP/300TQ easily. I canā€™t wait to see the aftermarket/ enthusiasts grab one and do a swap for a 2.3 if not offered by Ford right away.

So which trim is gonna come with frontier/bronco sport style roof racks? šŸ˜
With manufacturers trying to grab every MPG possible, roof racks may remain an accessory item.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 HPP mustang
Iā€™d go for a Maverick ST, more street oriented sport truck. I fee this truck may grab some tuner/street/mini truck enthusiasts. A simple, safe tune, of even the 2.0 could yield 300HP/300TQ easily. I canā€™t wait to see the aftermarket/ enthusiasts grab one and do a swap for a 2.3 if not offered by Ford right away.

With manufacturers trying to grab every MPG possible, roof racks may remain an accessory item.
My unleashed ranger tune ..2.3 Ecoboost no mods 93 octane ..
Regards
Doc

Attachments

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided

Since this truck is supposed to be 'entry level' and essentially replaced the focus and fiesta ST lines, I wouldn't put it too far past them to wet their feet in the ST lines, but at the same time would I want my sports truck to look like a riced up version of what my internet installer showed up in? Not too sure...
Sponsored