First Name
Calmate'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 XL Mavi Eco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok - Here goes. I ordered a strip area 51 ecoboost no add ons January 19th , My son order an XLT ecoboost 4k awd - both 1 order number apart- late in the game my dealer bumped us to priority 10. As of yesterday when I called Ford my XL was in order processing priority code 01 - I was advised to contact my dealer to start the 2023 conversion process when the guides came out and I would receive a private offer offer. I emailed my dealer and they stated Fords system was slow and freezing at times ? Anyways dealer contacted their rep and he sent them the info Tim the Ford guy went over yesterday , ($1750 eco $2750 Hyb standard cruise etc ...) They told me to contact them this a.m - I JUST DID - now my XL is showing 'PENDING" my dealer stated he "thinks" Ford is one day behind and I will most likely be assigned a vin tomorrow based on what he has seen in the past so no private offer for me but maybe a truck in a few months ? - My sons XLT is still showing in "order processing " priority code 01 - My Dealer thinks my sons XLT will have to be ordered as a 2023 since his is showing in order processing priority 01 - My dealer will contact me when the order guides load but as a bit ago the price guides loaded for them - looks like after the 2023 price bump private offers will end up with an extra $500 for having to wait . The tiny bit of price info right or wrong I picked up was that 2023 XL was starting @ $22,195 / I will update any further info if someone hasn't posted already - Good luck to all !

Thoron99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still lots of confusion with dealers, spoke with another dealer here and they said they can’t take the 2022 Private Offer from an order originally with another dealer.

Last edited:

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just
Beyond insane, my local dealer Chino Hills Ford is marking up $5k on all custom orders for the Maverick upon delivery, calling it dealer accessories. Is this even legit since it's a custom order?
If they are up front with it yea. But I wouldn't order from them. Shop the dealer not the truck.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an appointment at 6:00 this evening to get mine ordered and on the way. Tim the Ford Guy, how much difference is it going to make in the ordering process if I plan on paying for the truck? I am not going to finance the purchase, I'll get cash check or money order whatever they want.
Non tbh. The old idea of cash being king is dead. It may even be easier to finance it and pay it off next day.

Sponsored

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well here's hoping for Eruption Green 😥

BobcatBenny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Was in my dealership today to confirm my order details. They said they will place my order once they open up later today! Will post updates as I receive more info. Will be fully loaded 2023 Lariat 2.0.

Strokes

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘10 Taco, ‘17 Escape, ‘08 Sienna
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All unscheduled 2022 orders need to be put in as new 2023 orders. From there the dealer can assign priority, there is no automatic prioritization for 2022 orders.
I asked my salesman and he said he would prioritize '22's first. But how do we really know. It seems like they could give a higher priority code to anyone they want.

BlueOval5.0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-150 SuperCab XLT, 5.4L 3V, Chrome Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just got a call from the saleslady at Molstead Motors telling me that her sales manager said the order banks will open "sometime" this afternoon. I might just head that way around 3.
My Toyota dealer says Corolla Cross will be here in October or November. I might just buy a Cross and see how I feel when (IF) the maverick comes in. Maybe I'll own them both for awhile and see which one I want to keep. Such a dilemma!!!! Hell, it's the kids' inheritance money . . . what do I care?!
I was going to buy a Cross and forget about the Maverick but all of my local dealers are charging between $2k and $7k markup which I refuse to pay. I can get Maverick at X-plan but it will still cost more than a Cross. I'm torn.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I asked my salesman and he said he would prioritize '22's first. But how do we really know. It seems like they could give a higher priority code to anyone they want.
Potential scenario: You walk in and order a 22 rollover for a XL with the x-plan. A young man walks in, whos father just bought a pair of Navigators for himself and his wife, and orders a Lariat. Who gets priority?

Sponsored

MvrkECWI

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There will be MY23 Mavericks delivered this fall just like MY22 Hybrid Mavericks were delivered last fall.

Fall by definition ends on December 21st so my Hybrid Maverick that was delivered on December 13, 2021 was delivered last fall.
Last fall they didn't have a backlog from the previous MY. A bit of a difference from last year.

Strokes

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘10 Taco, ‘17 Escape, ‘08 Sienna
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Beyond insane, my local dealer Chino Hills Ford is marking up $5k on all custom orders for the Maverick upon delivery, calling it dealer accessories. Is this even legit since it's a custom order?
That's what I was worried about. In the past year my dealer was bought out by another. My dealer said all will be okay, but i guess I will find out soon.

h20mxracer222

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade EXT and Toyota 4runner Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I called a local dealer-Franklin Ford in western N Carolina. The salesman was extremely rude and said they're charging $4k right off the rip over MSRP. When I told him order bank was opening on the 15th he said "where'd you get that info?" Definitely don't shop there! Luckily I found another dealership.

05FordGT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fusion Energi(lease), 2006 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Potential scenario: You walk in and order a 22 rollover for a XL with the x-plan. A young man walks in, whos father just bought a pair of Navigators for himself and his wife, and orders a Lariat. Who gets priority?
The '22 rollover order IF the dealer is reputable, and actually cares about their reputation and building a relationship with their client. It's what I would do if I was still selling Fords.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just got back from the dealer to place my order, but since the order banks aren't open yet, they are going to contact me when they are to submit the order and do final checks and sign the buyer's form. Hopefully it opens today at 4:30pm EST as rumored.
Sponsored