Sponsored

For Real, If I Order on Sept 15, What’s The Soonest I Can Drive It?

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
I’m hearing people say it can be in my driveway by December or January.

Is that possible?
23MY production starts in mid November which means the first 2023s should be delivered in December. But keep in mind there are a bunch of 2022 orders that will be the first 23MY produced. I'm giving our customers the expectation of February at the earliest for a new 2023 order.
Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm going to be a roll-over and I think there are only 15-16 ahead of me in line so I'm hoping I will have mine by the end of the year or January if I get scheduled the 1st or 2nd week.

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Depends what you order. Best chance would be an ecoboost with few options. Earliest I think would be Feb March. Hybrid or any with cp360 luxury packages take longer. Also heard hitches are an issue too.
I plan to put in my order for a MY2023 Mav as soon as possible after the order bank opens.

I wonder what order configuration would result in the earliest build date.

Here are the key features for me:
1. Hybrid XLT. Reason: hybrid & cruise control.
2. Color: red, but blue would be ok, which seems to be dominant color now. (Reminds me of Ford Model Ts; you can have any color you want as long as it’s black.)
3. Package: Luxury, because I need 8 way power driver seat; I’m 6’3” and have back issues. (Have power seat in my Ford C-Max Hybrid and am very comfortable in this vehicle.)
4. Package: Co-Pilot 360, because I and wife need BLIS [blind side warning] and cross-traffic alert. (My neck does not twist as much as it used to. )

So, what do you all think? Would these options/features slow down my build significantly?

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Is that possible?
who are these "people" exactly? If they are rando vehicle sales people you had casual contact with while seeking Maverick info- do not believe them for a second! There's going to be 10s of thousands of rolled over MY2022 orders built before any new MY2023 orders. IIRC, the max production monthly output I saw for Mavericks was somewhere around 8K. Do the math there, and also account for a year end factory shutdown of 2-3 weeks for Christmas/New Years. There's no indications constrained packages and parts will not still play a large role in what gets built & when. There's also no relief in sight for shortage of transporter truck drivers and a possible rail strike in US coming.

So, for real? Based on what's happened so far, expect 6-12 months on average for delivery. Sure, there's been a very small % of members here reporting getting their truck in under 3 months, but that is the exception, not the rule :confused:

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I plan to put in my order for a MY2023 Mav as soon as possible after the order bank opens.

2. Color: red, but blue would be ok, which seems to be dominant color now. (Reminds me of Ford Model Ts; you can have any color you want as long as it’s black.)
3. Package: Luxury, because I need 8 way power driver seat; I’m 6’3” and have back issues. (Have power seat in my Ford C-Max Hybrid and am very comfortable in this vehicle.)
4. Package: Co-Pilot 360, because I and wife need BLIS [blind side warning] and cross-traffic alert. (My neck does not twist as much as it used to. )

So, what do you all think? Would these options/features slow down my build significantly?
If hybrid did not matter to me, I would buy a different truck — used Ranger, Tacoma or Colorado.

Sponsored

6speedmav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Is that possible?
Dec 23, Jan 24'...sure no doubt.

Rollover orders prob wont see a truck until March, and thats when the 9/30 new orders will start rolling in. I'm sure the wait will be 8-12 months just like the 22's.

OP
OP
Drew

Drew

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Transit Prius Honda Yamaha Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
who are these "people" exactly? If they are rando vehicle sales people you had casual contact with while seeking Maverick info- do not believe them for a second! There's going to be 10s of thousands of rolled over MY2022 orders built before any new MY2023 orders. IIRC, the max production monthly output I saw for Mavericks was somewhere around 8K. Do the math there, and also account for a year end factory shutdown of 2-3 weeks for Christmas/New Years. There's no indications constrained packages and parts will not still play a large role in what gets built & when. There's also no relief in sight for shortage of transporter truck drivers and a possible rail strike in US coming.

So, for real? Based on what's happened so far, expect 6-12 months on average for delivery. Sure, there's been a very small % of members here reporting getting their truck in under 3 months, but that is the exception, not the rule :confused:
Yeah, it doesn’t look good, thanks.

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

My wild ass guess is May, if order the first day as Luxury, hybrid and co-pilot 360 have all been constraints in the past.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Rollover orders prob wont see a truck until March, and thats when the 9/30 new orders will start rolling in. I'm sure the wait will be 8-12 months just like the 22's.
If they actually start production in mid-November as they say, there should definitely be some rollovers delivered by the end of the year or January at the latest. I'm hoping mine is one of those myself.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm going to be a roll-over and I think there are only 15-16 ahead of me in line so I'm hoping I will have mine by the end of the year or January if I get scheduled the 1st or 2nd week.
Only 15-16 ahead of you in line. Interesting information.

Sponsored

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't forget it takes time (a few weeks?) to put the trucks on a train and clear customs and get delivered to the dealership.

My GUESS is 10-15% chance it arrives before February.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

TyPope

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Really? That's a long time for delivery. Surely the very first order will get delivered within 12 months. Even as 5,000 per month, they should get the '22 backlog delivered by February (5 months of production and 1 month to deliver the ones made in January. Then, it shouldn't take Ford more than a month and a week or two to deliver the first 2023s. I'm figuring the first 2023s ordered in September of 2022 will be in customers hands by March 1st.

Of course, if Ford has more than 25,000 2022s to get through first, that could push everything back. But surely, 2023s will start showing up in October to some people (2022 roll-overs). It isn't like Ford will just shut down production for a couple months with this huge demand, right? Maybe they will but that'd be a shame to lose this momentum they've finally built up.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Probably late spring or early summer.