Sponsored

What age group are you in buying a Maverick?

• Total voters

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
and (normally) assets, don't forget the assets. It helps to have money when trying to buy stuff.
Indeed.
Sponsored

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This poll makes me laugh. Fords advertisement is directed to young people that "do things." Apparently, us old farts do things too!!
My 74 year old spouse rides a bicycle 7,000 to 10,000 miles a year, hikes on the Appalachian Trail here and there, and we camp and kayak - and pick up small grandchildren from pre-school. This is just about the perfect adventure truck for us.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder if this same poll was done places like Facebook and Reddit If the ages would show a younger demographic. I know I don’t care for them as much. I grew up on car forums and I’m glad to have one again

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

Falcon first

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW M235 coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m 68 and 64 makes you a kid.

‘80F100

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 F100, 1996 Ram 2500, 2001 Ranger, 2014 Edge
I’m 64 and you are a kid. Hell, your still wet behind the ears. 😊
I have never met someone my age in my line of work. So I hear that phrase just about everyday 😂

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel like a little kid in here. I’m 21 😂
My first new car buying experience:
My birthday is somewhat late in the year and I graduated from my University in three years, so I started my first real (i.e. decent $) career job at 20...and I looked about 16. I had a used car that my dad had cosigned on, but was looking a replacing it with a new car. I went to my local Ford dealer - but they WOULD NOT LET ME TEST DRIVE THE CAR because I was under 21! The salesman said he would drive me around - yeah, like that was going to do it for me.

Boy was I supper pissed. I never did buy a car from that dealer...ever.

p.s. Take advantage of these days as a 20 some...life is short.
p.p.s. Why I was in such a hurry to graduate in three years? (while working part time), double major, going to classes year round -- what was I thinking? [I do know what I was thinking, I wanted MONEY, but in retrospect to wish a bit that I had taken it easier.]

‘80F100

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 F100, 1996 Ram 2500, 2001 Ranger, 2014 Edge
My first new car buying experience:
My birthday is somewhat late in the year and I graduated from my University in three years, so I started my first real (i.e. decent $) career job at 20...and I looked about 16. I had a used car that my dad had cosigned on, but was looking a replacing it with a new car. I went to my local Ford dealer - but they WOULD NOT LET ME TEST DRIVE THE CAR because I was under 21! The salesman said he would drive me around - yeah, like that was going to do it for me.

Boy was I supper pissed. I never did buy a car from that dealer...ever.

p.s. Take advantage of these days as a 20 some...life is short.
p.p.s. Why I was in such a hurry to graduate in three years? (while working part time), double major, going to classes year round -- what was I thinking? [I do know what I was thinking, I wanted MONEY, but in retrospect to wish a bit that I had taken it easier.]
Part of me wishes I would’ve slowed down some. I’m married already and own a house. I’m happy where I am but I wish I would’ve taken it one step at a time. And I’m doing the same thing you did, going after the money. I operate 5 separate water treatment plants and I hardly ever have a moment to spare.

JiMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Eco FX4 Lux, Moonroof
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow im surprised. Not in a bad way just thought it would be people more in my age group of the under 30 crowd. Since its well...to be fair affordable for my age bracket. But it seems pretty even as well which is a good sign. Showing it should be a very promising product for many demographics. Granted im excited as itll be my first ever new vehicle and first vehicle bought on my own power.
Congratulations, this is the first new car for me as well, difference is I’m 63, probably 64 when I take delivery. Never thought I’d buy a new car but the pricing and functionality works for me more so than buying a late model used car at the same price. Usually that’s not the case.

Sponsored

Deleted member 1370

Congratulations, this is the first new car for me as well, difference is I’m 63, probably 64 when I take delivery. Never thought I’d buy a new car but the pricing and functionality works for me more so than buying a late model used car at the same price. Usually that’s not the case.
Absolutely, and with used car/truck prices right now its insane! People/dealers want like 8-10k bucks for a 10-15 plus year old toyota with 150k miles its crazy. Not worth it at all. Not for that mileage and age. Either way I was gonna try and buy new. Even at my age if i could and on my meager earnings a year to help build credit and so I dont inherit more problems from others. Driven enough used jalopies to want something new. I HOPE i dont age another year before i take delivery. I turned 27 in july. If i wait that long haha. That would suck. Yea pricing on other trucks too is insane. Ranger equipped similarly is like 36k before tax. its crazy. Maverick is a great deal for sure pound for pound dollar for dollar. Congrats back at you for your first new pickup as well!

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel like a little kid in here. I’m 21 😂
You’re already smarter than all your friends too. I’m assuming, like my friends at that age, they all went out and way over spent big time on some vehicle.

It’s not fun but saving for retirement in your 20’s is the smartest thing to do. 60 year old you will really thank 20 year old you. Haha.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid