Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
This article has me worried, and I have not even got mine yet. EcoBoost 4k package. Couldent figure out how to link it, wall street journal on fakebook

Ford Maverick This has me worried, and i havent even got mine yet Screenshot_20220820-192604_Samsung Internet
Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Based on how often people in this forum jump all over anyone who questions the quality of Ford's vehicles, I'm not expecting this thread to go well.

I'm feeling good about having purchased an extended warranty. As the article states, "The problems continued in 2021. That year Ford allocated $1,041 per vehicle for covering warranty claims." Seems like the cost of my extended warranty is somewhat similar, and it about doubles the duration of the original warranty. The accounting department at Ford seems to be on their toes.

But at least Ford has hired someone to deal with the problem. If my truck proves to be unreliable, I'll sell it with some warranty remaining--and then decide if Mr. Halliburton's mission was successful before buying something else from Ford. While I love my truck, I'm never had so many issues with any Toyota, Honda, or Mitsubishi that I've owned.

Last edited:

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

To the Ford Social Media ‘Always On Team’ (that’s ‘sposed to be checking these things), 4 words to guide your Quality initiatives related to Hybrid Mavericks:
  • Dead Batteries
  • Faulty Harnesses
The 5th word should be a word that’s chilling and a precursor to either ‘pending’ or ‘inevitable’:
  • RECALL
Hope this helps you navigate this 1st year build!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Barracuda340

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
Based on how often people in this forum jump all over anyone who questions the quality of Ford's vehicles, I'm not expecting this thread to go well.

I'm feeling good about having purchased an extended warranty. As the article states, "The problems continued in 2021. That year Ford allocated $1,041 per vehicle for covering warranty claims." Seems like the cost of my extended warranty is somewhat similar, and it about doubles the duration of the original warranty. The accounting department at Ford seems to be on their toes.

But at least Ford has hired someone to deal with the problem. If my truck proves to be unreliable, I'll sell it with some warranty remaining--and then decide if Mr. Halliburton's mission was successful before buying something else from Ford. While I love my truck, I'm never had so many issues with any Toyota, Honda, or Mitsubishi that I've owned.
Hey Snax do you have a hybrid? Or an ecoboost?

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, fanboys dumped all over my post in June, but fact is Ford is doing a ton of warranty work because of these quality issues. It’s an ongoing problem that they themselves have admitted is a top priority. Ford had more warranty payouts last year than any company in the US across all industries, not just automotive. Not pretty. Still pumped to get my Mav.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-up-quality-issues-as-recalls-hit-hard.16919/

https://www.warrantyweek.com/archive/ww20220331.html

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Run for cover Mr. Shimano

The Blue Oval Goon Squad will be coming for you🙃

Last edited:

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In my view, Ford has not been an automotive manufacturer known for its quality. I have been a Mazda fan since 1992 due to their quality. I never purchase an extended warranty for my Mazda vehicles. For my Maverick I did purchase an extended warranty because I anticipate repairs will be needed.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. It hasn’t been going great so far for me or my truck. What is it going to be like in 3 to 5 years, same downward track or will it level out and just be first year issues?

Sponsored

uga

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Geez, hire folks to monitor forums, social media, etc. and you will see problems quick.

Ford's biggest issue is not acting fast enough and notifying dealers. Folks here know more about issues than dealers.

A great example is when everything dies on a hybrid Maverick. Where is the recall or TSB?

gman62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport to Maverick?
I have a 2021 Ford Bronco Sport that has been great, no issues whatsoever. However, this Maverick has turned out to be somewhat of a dud in my opinion. Only so many things you can blame on covid and supply shortages.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah, fanboys dumped all over my post in June, but fact is Ford is doing a ton of warranty work because of these quality issues. It’s an ongoing problem that they themselves have admitted is a top priority. Ford had more warranty payouts last year than any company in the US across all industries, not just automotive. Not pretty. Still pumped to get my Mav.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-up-quality-issues-as-recalls-hit-hard.16919/

https://www.warrantyweek.com/archive/ww20220331.html
I think that since I'm getting converted to a '23 I'll be a little better off as they've been addressing they're growing pains with the first year. So far here in SW Chicagoland I've run into about 10 Maverick owners and they've all been happy with their small trucks.
Sponsored