Pastor_Zatx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

No. I'm literally saying exactly what I said in my single sentence reply.

Ford groups Mavericks based on their geographic location. For the Midwest, they use railyards in Kansas City and Chicago. Once those vehicles arrive in the yard they sit until a vehicle carrier picks them up to be delivered to the dealers in another geographical location. Lately, the trucking companies are having issues finding car carrier truck drivers and Maverick deliveries are being contracted to more local carriers who may pick up only 2 or 3 Mavericks on a flatbed trailer for a specific dealership.

Every aspect of a free-market economy is arranged in the most efficient manor possible (though it often doesn't appear this way to the layperson) to increase the amount of profit gained. This is why if I overnight a package to my neighbor across the street, it may fly several thousands miles before it's delivered the 100 yards to my neighbor's porch. Seems stupid and inefficient, but, well... it's not.
Sponsored

2handsipper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick, Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wish Ford builds my 2026 Maverick by June 2022!

Pastor_Zatx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It’s not my opinion. If this wasn’t the most efficient and profitable way of doing it then every for-profit shipping company in the world wouldn’t be doing it this way.

99nbbullitt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was really late to the party, October 30 hybrid base model with only a drop in bedliner. Still haven’t given up on an August delivery.
I ordered a 2022 Ford maverick xl base model with NO OPTION package and have not heard anything since Jan 3, 2022. I'm very disappointed with any process that Ford presents. Can I find out where the build process is at? What month? Anything?

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a 2022 Ford maverick xl base model with NO OPTION package and have not heard anything since Jan 3, 2022. I'm very disappointed with any process that Ford presents. Can I find out where the build process is at? What month? Anything?
October order here. Not scheduled. No contact from dealership

Sponsored

MaverickMad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am waiting for my Maverick hybrid ordered 10/11/ 21 No vin, thought I would have to order a 2023, but they are trying to fill more 2022 builds???

99nbbullitt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was really late to the party, October 30 hybrid base model with only a drop in bedliner. Still haven’t given up on an August delivery.
I am waiting for my Maverick hybrid ordered 10/11/ 21 No vin, thought I would have to order a 2023, but they are trying to fill more 2022 builds???
I ordered my maverick hybrid xl base model on Oct 25th still no vin or build date yet. I called my dealer of choice and he has not heard anything either. I call the Ford customer service line biweekly with no new info. I'm at a loss for words. I was planning on paying cash but the money I set aside is slowly dwindling down. I was not planning on asking my $456 car payment for the additional time I have been paying. I read that the car banks for the 2023 open up next month. I'm very disappointed in Ford overall. Did I say my 2022 maverick xl hybrid base model with no options has not been schedule yet?

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel everyone's pain. I have an October 1 Area 51 XL hybrid order with nothing but the "larger spare tire" and hitch. Does not get more "unconstrained" than that. Called Ford yesterday. Still Priority 10 and "Unscheduled clean".

At the very least, moving to MY23 costs me $500 even if I do get a "Ford special offer". Originally my dealer did a "$500 under MSRP" for my MY22 but has already said that they will not be extending that offer to a MY23. The Manager basically said that dealing with the Maverick was far more headache than it was worth (i.e., these dealership primarily sells F150s) and wished me the best of luck in finding a new dealer. I am going to be beyond pissed if I get pushed to the end of the line because I had to change dealers.

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From what I understand, if you have a hybrid order and did not have a VIN by yesterday, you are SOL and will have to re-order a MY23. From here on out, the only thing getting scheduled is Ecoboosts. Reading between the lines, I even question whether the hybrids that already have VINs will make the MY22 cut-off. Everyone keeps saying "yes, absolutely, they always do" but there seems to be some constraint at Ford that has all the hybrids backed up. Curious if it is the engine, the transmission, the electrical 12V connector, or something else associated with one of the recalls.

TizaM

First Name
Tiza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
From what I understand, if you have a hybrid order and did not have a VIN by yesterday, you are SOL and will have to re-order a MY23. From here on out, the only thing getting scheduled is Ecoboosts. Reading between the lines, I even question whether the hybrids that already have VINs will make the MY22 cut-off. Everyone keeps saying "yes, absolutely, they always do" but there seems to be some constraint at Ford that has all the hybrids backed up. Curious if it is the engine, the transmission, the electrical 12V connector, or something else associated with one of the recalls.
Ordered 6/28/21. My order keeps getting pushed back. From June to august 8 and now Aug 29. Been pushed back at least 4 times

Sponsored

Jcaver98

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GMC Sierra
Ordered January 3, 2022. Scheduled for production week of August 15.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided

scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey @Ford Motor Company, your algorithm is broken!

You said orders are scheduled in order that they are received? I saw 3 trucks ordered between 3-6 weeks after mine that just got scheduled, SAME CONSTRAINTS.

You are a BUNCH OF LIARS!!
Sponsored