Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Amazing. Dealers advertise trucks they cant get and dont have, then bait and switch to sell you something else. I checked with this dealership a month ago because they had 2 Mavericks advertised on their website. After calling Jason said - oh both of those trucks are sold was I interested in anything else ( the switch ) ....... today he is "checking back if I want to buy "something else". NOW - Jason Barnard from Short -Redmond Ford can Get one ordered. After I questioned him thankfully he told me he would get me to the front of the line .......... Does the dishonesty NEVER stop ????????? Thankfully Ford will do something about it if I complain to them ...... not.

Ford Maverick Shocked - They Are Taking Orders - More Dealer Scams order1

Ford Maverick Shocked - They Are Taking Orders - More Dealer Scams order2

Sponsored

Last edited:

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
No offense but dealers have been doing this for years.........why would anyone expect honesty from a dealer or assume a dealer has your best interest in mind? Also, I get that this is for your business, the Maverick I ordered is also for a business and will increase my productivity significantly but you're trying to buy arguably the hottest vehicle on the market when there's already a chip shortage and now that's further exacerbated by the recent war in Ukraine and earthquake in Japan. Toyota just slashed their production figures by at least a hundred thousand vehicles for this quarter alone I believe due to the unavailability of parts. I know you're trying to get a Maverick for your business but don't you think your time would be better spent contacting dealerships to see if you can locate an MSRP truck rather than spreading the word that dealerships are corrupt and dishonest when we all pretty much already know this??

I have said before I think most people who claim to have purchased a dealer stock Maverick at MSRP are not being completely truthful about whether or not they paid an ADM, the fact that you're still looking supports that belief.

OP
OP
Redneck Garage

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

First I agree that folks saying they got it at MSRP is far fetched. My argument is not that there is a chip shortage or that dealers are trying to charge too much nope I'm supply and demand all day long. MY complaint is that BECAUSE the Maverick is in high demand and for the most part no supply the scumbag dealerships are using this truck as the method to bait and switch, outright lie to customers. If a dealership wants to advertise a Maverick for $10,000 over more power to them. But they should have the truck to sell first, they shouldn't put it up on their website for MSRP and then after a consumer contacts them tell them it's $10,000 over - they shouldn't be able to tell customers oh I can order you one when the order banks don't open till August - I suppose I'm the most sad that people accept dealerships are so dishonest and so slimy that thats just the way it is. What other business model is so dishonest and nothing is done about it ? All the dealerships that I have contacted in the past couple months are now contacting me back saying they don't have a Maverick but I want do you want to buy something else.... Damn.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have said before I think most people who claim to have purchased a dealer stock Maverick at MSRP are not being completely truthful about whether or not they paid an ADM, the fact that you're still looking supports that belief.
I purchased mine at MSRP in Oct from a small rural Ford dealer that normally does 75% F150s for farmers and 25% SUVs for the farmers wives. They got the Mav almost as a novelty as it doesn't fit their demographic and had barely prepped it when I called to come look at it. They were genuinely surprised it sold as quick as it did.

OP
OP
Redneck Garage

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My bet is if they get another one they won't sell it for MSRP.

Sponsored

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First I agree that folks saying they got it at MSRP is far fetched. My argument is not that there is a chip shortage or that dealers are trying to charge too much nope I'm supply and demand all day long. MY complaint is that BECAUSE the Maverick is in high demand and for the most part no supply the scumbag dealerships are using this truck as the method to bait and switch, outright lie to customers. If a dealership wants to advertise a Maverick for $10,000 over more power to them. But they should have the truck to sell first, they shouldn't put it up on their website for MSRP and then after a consumer contacts them tell them it's $10,000 over - they shouldn't be able to tell customers oh I can order you one when the order banks don't open till August - I suppose I'm the most sad that people accept dealerships are so dishonest and so slimy that thats just the way it is. What other business model is so dishonest and nothing is done about it ? All the dealerships that I have contacted in the past couple months are now contacting me back saying they don't have a Maverick but I want do you want to buy something else.... Damn.
This has been common practice for as long as I can remember. I know specifically from as far back as 2008. I was searching online for an 'in high demand' Toyota Prius, and many dealers listed them, but no dealers had them. But man, they were all over, "We have Corollas that get great gas mileage. You should come in and take a look."

Same thing in 2017. By then the whole process could be handled via email, and no matter how clear I was about what I planned to buy, I still got at least one salesperson who demanded my phone number so that we "could talk about alternatives."

I was utterly thrilled to be able to simply order the Maverick I wanted at an agreed price this time. Other than the wait, the whole process has been simple and satisfying. I'm never buying a car off of a car lot again if I can avoid it.

BobbyM

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
This here^^^. I also think some believe they paid MSRP but with some kind of useless dealer add-ons worded as something like "appearance package" or "dealer package". I have been told by several dealers that they don't do mark-ups only sell at MSRP but also has an added 'This or That package' that the dealer "puts on every car". They try to convince you that you are getting something of value. I had one dealer tell me an "appearance package" has "paint protection, interior protection and wheel locks" for $4495 added to the price of the Maverick.

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
Amazing. Dealers advertise trucks they cant get and dont have, then bait and switch to sell you something else. I checked with this dealership a month ago because they had 2 Mavericks advertised on their website. After calling Jason said - oh both of those trucks are sold was I interested in anything else ( the switch ) ....... today he is "checking back if I want to buy "something else". NOW - Jason Barnard from Short -Redmond Ford can Get one ordered. After I questioned him thankfully he told me he would get me to the front of the line .......... Does the dishonesty NEVER stop ????????? Thankfully Ford will do something about it if I complain to them ...... not.

order1.jpg

order2.jpg

I'd rather have a sister in a whorehouse than a brother who's a car salesman.
Sponsored