First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For me the question isn’t whether the hybrid engine is reliable, it‘s ”is the CVT tranny reliable”? CVT’s are known for annoying rpm holding and poor reliability. This is why I took the 2.0. Not the engine itself but the regular automatic transmission it’s mated to.
You’ve missed a lot of posts on this forum that explain that an ECVT is not the same as a cvt. Search and check it out, you’re spreading falsehoods.
Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any dealership I have called has said that eventually they’ll have the 4 x 4 in the maverick
Those dealers are off base. The Maverick architecture is not set up for traditional 4x4. All wheel drive is superior unless you are serious off-roading.

Abox5

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Explorer Sport Trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You’ve missed a lot of posts on this forum that explain that an ECVT is not the same as a cvt. Search and check it out, you’re spreading falsehoods.
Yes, I know the ECVT is not the same as past CVT designs, but if you look into the C-Max and Fusion forums you will see a high instance of issues with these transmissions. I don’t think stated actual feedback from customers and mechanics is spreading falsehoods. I was simply stating why I didn’t order a Hybrid. if you want a CVT then more power to you.

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
Yes, I know the ECVT is not the same as past CVT designs, but if you look into the C-Max and Fusion forums you will see a high instance of issues with these transmissions. I don’t think stated actual feedback from customers and mechanics is spreading falsehoods. I was simply stating why I didn’t order a Hybrid. if you want a CVT then more power to you.
I haven’t heard of any problems with the ecvt. After seeing how they work, I can’t see how they would have problems. They are literally planetary gear sets. Nothing more complex than a differential.

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If someone here actually have custom ordered an XLT with an XL seats, is it also possible to add a push button start and an accoustic windshield on the XLT?

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven’t heard of any problems with the ecvt. After seeing how they work, I can’t see how they would have problems. They are literally planetary gear sets. Nothing more complex than a differential.
There were some early batches back in 2013-14 when Ford started making them in-house that had bad bearings/gear shafts that'd fail and start wearing internally.

If someone here actually have custom ordered an XLT with an XL seats, is it also possible to add a push button start and an accoustic windshield on the XLT?
If you pay to have the windshield replaced, sure. Although acoustic windshields aren't cheap and I'd imagine triply so on a brand new model.

Abox5

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Explorer Sport Trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's an eCVT, nothing you are likely familiar with. It's an apples-to-oranges comparison. No worries on this one.
Well, since I am an automotive engineer that works on the powertrain side(albeit for another OEM), yes I am familiar with ECVTs. But why don’t you take a look at the other Ford forums that discuss these transmissions and see for yourself before your declare them completely reliable. Although I’m sure the customers that have had all these problems with their cars will be very comforted just knowing they were simply mistaken and that their transmissions couldn’t be faulty because they’re apples and oranges.

hsinking1932

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, since I am an automotive engineer that works on the powertrain side(albeit for another OEM), yes I am familiar with ECVTs. But why don’t you take a look at the other Ford forums that discuss these transmissions and see for yourself before your declare them completely reliable. Although I’m sure the customers that have had all these problems with their cars will be very comforted just knowing they were simply mistaken and that their transmissions couldn’t be faulty because they’re apples and oranges.
I need to thank you for your advice. I took a peek at a fushion forum. The fushion owners say, "These hybrids seem literally bulletproof." I really like what I saw.
https://www.fordfusionforum.com/ind...er=topic&id=19769&tab=comments#comment-112452

Abox5

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Explorer Sport Trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

fbov

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape Hybrid
if you look into the C-Max and Fusion forums you will see a high instance of issues with these transmissions
why don’t you take a look at the other Ford forums that discuss these transmissions and see for yourself
I joined the C-Max forum in 2013, so I am well aware of the bearing issue in high mileage cars. Absent a defect, C-Max transmissions are very reliable, according to those who had them fixed, Energi (plug-in) drivers and non-early adopters. My October 2012 build was fine when I traded in last year.

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But why don’t you take a look at the other Ford forums that discuss these transmissions and see for yourself before your declare them completely reliable.
OK, I'll bite.

What makes the 8F35 so reliable?

Where are the forums talking about its reliability? I found none. Because, well, its 2 years old, yes? Or does its lineage come from an older 6-speed? Lots of unknowns here especially when compared to the HF45's lineage.

The only thing I know about that tranny is that Ford partnered with GM to build it, but then Ford didn't like what GM built. Hmmm...

VernJules

First Name
Veronica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Those dealers are off base. The Maverick architecture is not set up for traditional 4x4. All wheel drive is superior unless you are serious off-roading.
I won’t be off-reading. I’ll be going up to my house in the NC mountains in the winter. Do you think the AWD will handle mountain roads in the winter?
Sponsored