Sponsored

HONOLULU FORD/LITHIA MOTORS - BUYERS BEWARE!!!

OP
OP

jrhawaii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Sorry your getting da Shaft from your Dealership, I'm in Hilo and my Alto Blue Hybrid XLT is coming in this Thursday and just finalized my amount due and it's within $16.00 of what I figured with DOC Fees and Registration. No add ons or any other BS from my Dealer and because I ordered it in the very beginning when the Truck was relatively unknown no ADM
Right on!!! Glad you found an honest dealer... Hmm interesting wonder if 2 ships coming or it goes Hilo and than comes Oahu because that's the same day they claiming mine is supposed to be on the islands... Enjoy da Truck!!!
Sponsored

OP
OP

jrhawaii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Windward has been telling me 3995 markup from the jump and they claim they are the lowest. Thinking about ordering from west coast and having Pasha deliver. The markup out here is frustrating.
This is not right either but at least they told you up front and you didn't get all excited and drooled for 8 months only to get kicked in the balls. But then again, now telling you upfront 3995 we would still not have know at that time to make sure to get a sign buyers agreement and who knows if they wouldn't have jacked it up even more when it came in...

Well even if you order from the West Coast we still would come out ahead of the 3995 that way, so think that's the way to go.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Right on!!! Glad you found an honest dealer... Hmm interesting wonder if 2 ships coming or it goes Hilo and than comes Oahu because that's the same day they claiming mine is supposed to be on the islands... Enjoy da Truck!!!
Back at ya! ship is Pasha 1st stop Hilo then Oahu

OP
OP

jrhawaii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
My Stealership tried to play games also. Several times. I just let them keep telling their stories and producing new paperwork. Every iteration had numbers not reflecting the original "buyers order" signed by the sales manager on duty the day I made the deal, gave the deposit, and received a receipt for that deposit. I never gave that original sales order back to them the day of the deposit, which is what they want you to do.

I kept the original sales order. It was a signed document provided to me, with their agreed to selling price. Why would I want to sign it and give it back and be without any record? They didn't have it in their folder, so they assumed one didn't exist.

It gave me a chance to see how they play the game. And how they played.

First visit was the day I gave them a deposit for my already configured truck. The salesman called me and I offered full retail, tag transfer, and tax. I said if that wasn't fair I could go to another dealer. They said it was fair, I asked for something in writing. The initial sales order was provided, I agreed on the price, gave a deposit, got a receipt and left.

Second visit was about 6 weeks later. Got a call to see if I'd like to look at one which had arrived and wasn't being accepted. They wanted to sell me what they had today, and I was happy to just look a Maverick over in person. I declined the one and said I'd just wait on mine. Then I asked for some "final documents" (whatever that might mean) so I could get my financing arranged and everything in order. Sales guy has me wait and comes back with a new sales order. I don't mention that I already had one.

The new sales order has a $5000 additional dealer markup, a $988 admin fee, and a $500 tag processing fee (on top of the transfer cost). I protest that that is NOT what we agreed to, and that I have a receipt and they took my deposit, and that we agreed to MSRP plus tag and taxes. The sales guy runs away and comes back with another sales order without the ADM but still has the $988 + $500. I say nothing else that day, take the sales order (which the sales manager always signs with a green Sharpie), and head home.

Months go by, and I finally get the email that my truck will arrive. The stealer calls me and says its here. I tell them I'll come get it the next day.

When I arrive I have the first and second sales order, my insurance information, an extra tag I had, rebate documents,and payment documents. I hand the rebate document over to the staff and show them my tag. They ask me to have a seat and offer beverages.

In a while new sales guy comes along with another, newer sales order. I know it's newer because they are all computer dated in the upper right hand corner. It is dated that day. This sales order has $3000 ADM, $988 Admin, $500 tag processing. I say this isn't correct, we agreed to MSRP plus tag transfer and tax. He says they lose money on my XL 2.0 4k at MSRP. He says they mark all of them up at least $5000. I say hey dude, we had a deal and now your acting like an ass. Go get the manager.

New sales guy runs away. After maybe 5 minutes one of the sales managers comes along with yet another sales order, but he doesn't show it to me at first. First, sales manager guy talks. He says they have to sell these at "markey adjusted" prices. He says they lose money on all XL Mavericks, that Ford expects them to make the money on ADM and in the business office. He says they can't make any money off of me because I'm a cash buyer and I don't even want to pay the admin fee, which even his mother would have to pay.

I tell him I don't believe that stuff. I tell him Ford doesn't send vehicles to dealer with MSRP stickers reflecting a losing deal for the business. It just seems they want to make extra money. Like, for example, that Admin fee which the contract very clearly says "represents additional profit to the dealer". Sales manager guy then says "well, you agreed to the fees when you ordered the vehicle, so if you want to refuse it"- at which point I interrupted him.

I asked him if I had agreed to the fees? To the ADM? He said yes, you signed the sales order agreeing to it. I asked if I might see this sales order. Sales manager produces the sales order, does the lay it on the table and slide it to me thing. It does indeed have a signature- a forged signature. It also had that days date in the upper right hand corner.

I snatched the newest sales order up, gathered my stuff, and said loudly "This is fraud! I didn't sign anything, and that is not my signature! I have some important calls to make!" and walked out the door. I had a seat at one of the many places to sit, and waited. Predictably a new face appeared.

This time it was the GM. No more sales managers. This guys sits down and calmly asks how he can help me. I say how about just be honest, honor your deal. Do what you said you were gonna do, and cut the bullsh&^. He says no need for that language, and I say hey bro, your team forged my name, so I'll talk how I want to talk. He says that seems fair enough, then immediately questions whether it's really forged.

I say ok bro, it's clear your trying to get me to abandon my white XL so you can sell it to someone else for +$10k. You've bullshi%$ed me at every turn, and I've got the paper to prove it. I show my license, with my real signature. I show the just-created-today sales order with my supposed signature. There is no comparison at all. I show the original sales order from the day of the order, with MSRP, tag transfer (not processing fee), and tax.

GM man looks a bit white.He pauses for a moment and says everything is clear now, and he'll take care of it all. Offer a cold beverage and says someone will be with me very soon.

New, different sales manager (they have a lot) comes along with profuse apologies about the "confusion". He almost has the sales order right, but forgot my $500 Farm Bureau rebate and credit for my $500 deposit. I'm like really bro, still can't get the numbers right? So off goes sales manager #4 to correct the Sales Order.

This is where the story ends. He did come back with a correct Sales Order, and I did leave with my 2.0 AWD 4k XL. MSRP + Tax + Tag transfer.

I didn't make any friends at the stealership, but I did get the truck I wanted for the fair price we agreed to. And I got to see the asshats squirm.
Wow, this is totally crazy. Hate to say it but this really sounds like what this sales guy is trying to do to me too. I don't think I would have handled it as smoothly as you did. Having grabbed that forged signature document I probably would have call the police/feds and the news media.

Sponsored

Gill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
oh man they got me too with that and did not realize it till it was a little late i was in a rush to get my hands on one i even paid 31k plus that damn extended warranty for an xlt but happy wife happy life now its at the dealer waiting to see if they can find the issue with climate control module not getting power and camera malfunction only had it for 3 1/2 months with 3kmiles :0(

Ford Maverick HONOLULU FORD/LITHIA MOTORS - BUYERS BEWARE!!! IMG_0368

Enchalada

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Excited for you guys!
I'm still waiting for the Ford email or my dealer notifying me.
Keep me posted cuz I'm in the same boat.

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
XLT hybrid AREA 51 - Lux + 360

Ordered July 8. After all the wait, salesman sent a text (04/08) and says its getting here next week and since the vin has been assigned we can get the paperwork started. Was like wow not even going to let me see it or test drive it but unless something was wrong with it I had planned on just going down and buying it. Being that I planned to pay cash I asked for the out the door price so I could transfer funds into my checking account. Guy says ok and that he wasn't at the office but would send me the total when he got in. Next he tries pushing extended warranty on me and claims its for another 6 years (claims 6 more on top of the 3 Ford gives so total of 9 years) and comes with lifetime oil. I ask how much, he says $5200 but let him see what he can do. I text back and say sorry but I pass for now because that's over my budget at this time. Now the next text says "this is crazy, there are a bunch of callers (I talked to 5) who called in for your Maverick. They think its for sale... Told them NO. Lol... boy they are very insistent". How is it that I cant see that it was even on the ship to Hawaii and others know its coming? Next text ask if I did a deposit (was told deposit wasn't needed) and he's looking for the doc but can't find his copy (HMMM). Next I get a pic of the price - selling price $35,000, taxable fees $25.00, doc fee $395.00, tax $1668.99, reg fee $413.50 - unpaid balance 37502.49 WHATIII I text back and say you sure about that price, thought Ford requires you to hold to MSRP on special order vehicles?

Next he calls me (guess doesn't want to give me more evidence of his wrong doings) and claims that when I came down to order the vehicle he explained to me that they add on a $5995 addendum and a $2000 arctic blast (what the BLEEP is that BS) to all vehicles, I stop him and told him that he did not tell me that and that I had asked for the price and he didn't want to give me the price. He then goes on again about not being able to find the documents again. We exchange a few more words and he tries to get me to stop in so we can talk, I tell him ya when I have time.

When I got home a few hours later I texted him the email and the build sheet I signed and emailed back to him. He text me back saying this wasn't the original build sheet we did and that one had the estimated MSRP, the HI Market Adjustment $5995 and Arctic Blast $2000. Well the only other thing I signed for and at the dealership was the online order form, which I sent him and that showed nothing about what he is saying. It's funny how I send him 2 documents that 1. he made me sign and even copied my drivers' license at the dealership and 2. he emailed me to again sign and send back to him. I got all my documentation so how is it that he is still trying to claim we agreed to $10,000+ more when he can't find his copy!

This is the FIRST time I am trying to buy a FORD product and right now I feel so violated by this Dealership and salesman that I don't even want to deal with him anymore but I am not willing to give up this truck without a fight because this is just not right!

I am just so frustrated and having a hard time finding all the right post to find the information I need to get this moving forward, so I'm posting this in hope that some kind people will understand and help out. Yes I know Tim got a lot of good information and I need to look over his youtube videos again... I hope Ford or anyone can help...

04/11 - let me just update the part about asking for the price and he didn't give me one. I asked for the out the door price not just how much it was, that was indicated online and on the build sheet. So yes maybe that was when I should have known shadiness was going to take place and I should have walked but I try not to pass judgment on people until it's warranted. Even car salespeople lol
you have a long road ahead of you. Just point out to him that you would have, in now way, agreed to whatever overpricing he claims to has disseminated during you signing the order and that fact that many people are inquiring about your order means nothing at all. If you need to I'd suggest engaging a lawyer who yes will charge you many hundreds of $ but it will be less than this weasely dealer is trying to get out of you. A lawyer's letter - or presence - at the dealer with you will help keep the price down.

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Stealership tried to play games also. Several times. I just let them keep telling their stories and producing new paperwork. Every iteration had numbers not reflecting the original "buyers order" signed by the sales manager on duty the day I made the deal, gave the deposit, and received a receipt for that deposit. I never gave that original sales order back to them the day of the deposit, which is what they want you to do.

I kept the original sales order. It was a signed document provided to me, with their agreed to selling price. Why would I want to sign it and give it back and be without any record? They didn't have it in their folder, so they assumed one didn't exist.

It gave me a chance to see how they play the game. And how they played.

First visit was the day I gave them a deposit for my already configured truck. The salesman called me and I offered full retail, tag transfer, and tax. I said if that wasn't fair I could go to another dealer. They said it was fair, I asked for something in writing. The initial sales order was provided, I agreed on the price, gave a deposit, got a receipt and left.

Second visit was about 6 weeks later. Got a call to see if I'd like to look at one which had arrived and wasn't being accepted. They wanted to sell me what they had today, and I was happy to just look a Maverick over in person. I declined the one and said I'd just wait on mine. Then I asked for some "final documents" (whatever that might mean) so I could get my financing arranged and everything in order. Sales guy has me wait and comes back with a new sales order. I don't mention that I already had one.

The new sales order has a $5000 additional dealer markup, a $988 admin fee, and a $500 tag processing fee (on top of the transfer cost). I protest that that is NOT what we agreed to, and that I have a receipt and they took my deposit, and that we agreed to MSRP plus tag and taxes. The sales guy runs away and comes back with another sales order without the ADM but still has the $988 + $500. I say nothing else that day, take the sales order (which the sales manager always signs with a green Sharpie), and head home.

Months go by, and I finally get the email that my truck will arrive. The stealer calls me and says its here. I tell them I'll come get it the next day.

When I arrive I have the first and second sales order, my insurance information, an extra tag I had, rebate documents,and payment documents. I hand the rebate document over to the staff and show them my tag. They ask me to have a seat and offer beverages.

In a while new sales guy comes along with another, newer sales order. I know it's newer because they are all computer dated in the upper right hand corner. It is dated that day. This sales order has $3000 ADM, $988 Admin, $500 tag processing. I say this isn't correct, we agreed to MSRP plus tag transfer and tax. He says they lose money on my XL 2.0 4k at MSRP. He says they mark all of them up at least $5000. I say hey dude, we had a deal and now your acting like an ass. Go get the manager.

New sales guy runs away. After maybe 5 minutes one of the sales managers comes along with yet another sales order, but he doesn't show it to me at first. First, sales manager guy talks. He says they have to sell these at "markey adjusted" prices. He says they lose money on all XL Mavericks, that Ford expects them to make the money on ADM and in the business office. He says they can't make any money off of me because I'm a cash buyer and I don't even want to pay the admin fee, which even his mother would have to pay.

I tell him I don't believe that stuff. I tell him Ford doesn't send vehicles to dealer with MSRP stickers reflecting a losing deal for the business. It just seems they want to make extra money. Like, for example, that Admin fee which the contract very clearly says "represents additional profit to the dealer". Sales manager guy then says "well, you agreed to the fees when you ordered the vehicle, so if you want to refuse it"- at which point I interrupted him.

I asked him if I had agreed to the fees? To the ADM? He said yes, you signed the sales order agreeing to it. I asked if I might see this sales order. Sales manager produces the sales order, does the lay it on the table and slide it to me thing. It does indeed have a signature- a forged signature. It also had that days date in the upper right hand corner.

I snatched the newest sales order up, gathered my stuff, and said loudly "This is fraud! I didn't sign anything, and that is not my signature! I have some important calls to make!" and walked out the door. I had a seat at one of the many places to sit, and waited. Predictably a new face appeared.

This time it was the GM. No more sales managers. This guys sits down and calmly asks how he can help me. I say how about just be honest, honor your deal. Do what you said you were gonna do, and cut the bullsh&^. He says no need for that language, and I say hey bro, your team forged my name, so I'll talk how I want to talk. He says that seems fair enough, then immediately questions whether it's really forged.

I say ok bro, it's clear your trying to get me to abandon my white XL so you can sell it to someone else for +$10k. You've bullshi%$ed me at every turn, and I've got the paper to prove it. I show my license, with my real signature. I show the just-created-today sales order with my supposed signature. There is no comparison at all. I show the original sales order from the day of the order, with MSRP, tag transfer (not processing fee), and tax.

GM man looks a bit white.He pauses for a moment and says everything is clear now, and he'll take care of it all. Offer a cold beverage and says someone will be with me very soon.

New, different sales manager (they have a lot) comes along with profuse apologies about the "confusion". He almost has the sales order right, but forgot my $500 Farm Bureau rebate and credit for my $500 deposit. I'm like really bro, still can't get the numbers right? So off goes sales manager #4 to correct the Sales Order.

This is where the story ends. He did come back with a correct Sales Order, and I did leave with my 2.0 AWD 4k XL. MSRP + Tax + Tag transfer.

I didn't make any friends at the stealership, but I did get the truck I wanted for the fair price we agreed to. And I got to see the asshats squirm.
it is sickening to know that adults enter into role playing games and psychological hi jinks and forgery and lying to steal money from you. Most of these things would be considered crimes and result in arrest. You handled it like a champ, most people would have screamed at the sales idiot and left in a huff. Good for you to remain there and to go thru the gyrations to get justice. I would suspect that in most situations if there was all of a sudden some huge markup that they claim you agreed to you would say something like 'yeah, well there is no way I could ever get a loan for an over valued truck so why would I ever consider doing that'? I'd suggest getting any maintenance done at some other dealer though...as these idiots are likely to chage you extra for whatever they're fixing and/or screw something up as revenge.

jonnyredbeard

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
I paid a markup, however I bought a dealer ordered one, I never cancelled my original order, which still doesn't have a build date, I ordered in July. The Markup was $3000 and I was told upfront that they were marking it up. I decided to go with it since it was already awaiting shipment and I didn't have a build date on my original order. I have been driving it for 4 months now. I just recieved an email from ford on my original order saying sorry about the wait well give you a build date when we have one. So I am ok with my markup I paid, it was dealer stock.

I would be furious in your situation since it sounds like the dealer is straight up lying to you and just trying to steal your money. Kinda like My TOWN ASSESOR!

I would get a lawyer involved, and maybe contact Ford?

Sponsored

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Shaved ice is a thing in Hawaii right? Pick one up on your way to the dealer. When your salesman comes to greet you, throw it in his face. When he says WTF!??, tell him it's the Arctic Blast. ❄❄❄😂

GypsyBlue

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They did this with me yesterday when I went to pick up my Maverick. I placed my order Aug 6 last year for the hybid version and included the moon roof, Lariat luxury package, and Ford co-pilot 360. Total for the "preview order" was $31,660. In January, I received the VIN and a copy of the window sticker which showed total MSRP being $33,700. It showed the moon roof cost increased from $795 to $995, the Lariat luxury package increased from $3340 to $3750, and the co-pilot 360 increased from $540 to $650. Together, these items were now $720 more than my original order. After placing the order, I added a bed cover ($560) and changed the exterior color from Cactus Gray to Alto Blue Metallic. I was surprised to see an additional charge of $390 for the paint, but it was worth it. When I had asked if it was possible, no mention was made of the extra cost of that color. Anyway, I was hoping to get $3000 trade-in for my 2007 Toyota (KBB, Edmonds, and CarMax each estimated $3315 be a fair price for it). Needless to say, I was shocked to see a total price of $46,097 at the dealership. They asked if I had a copy of the original order for the truck, but I hadn't brought it. I figured they should have that on file since the sales rep had been able to pull it up in the months prior. She was out on maternity leave, so they claimed they didn't have access. That was BS because all they needed was the order number to see the file, but I was stuck because I didn't take a copy of it with me. BE SURE YOU TAKE YOURS. Also, take a copy of your window sticker. If you have the VIN, you can pull the window sticker from the Ford website. I saved a copy of that too and sent it to the sales rep at the dealership when he was assigned to me March 31. This man did NOTHING to sell me my truck, but he sure was happy to rake in the commission.

The new total cost included $3090 for "additional dealer markup" and $995 for a cilajet topcoat sealer (optional, which I turned down), a $899 processing fee, $1560 sales tax, PLUS $2436 extended warranty for as long as I'm paying on the truck (obviously an effort to keep the payments going), $2890 maintenance contract, and $1392 roadside hazard (so no need anymore for my AAA, I guess). There were also fees for a dealer's license and "online systems filing fee (I'm confused why those weren't part of the $899 processing fee, but oh well), and DMV fees for the license plates. I passed on the topcoat, extended warranty, but was willing to add the maintenance, and the other fees (tax, title/license, processing) were not presented up-front but I was sure there would be some added cost for them. So, in my mind, the price for my trade-in should have more than covered the maintenance contract. NO... they offered me $2000 for my Toyota. The dealership advertises that they pay way more than KBB, etc. for trades. I'd called earlier in the week to see if they could give me an estimate. They said I could take my car to a CarMax and get a written value for trade-in, and they would give me $250 more. The closest CarMax is 46 miles from me and I failed to do that. Big mistake! So I rejected the $2000 offer and the dealer began negotiating with me. He offered to lower the price of the cilajet, which I'd already rejected adding. If I did that, he would give me $3000. Big whoop! The price of the cilajet was $995! So that was not a good deal. Then he started in on how he had to "save" my truck because other reps had customers interested in it. He told me how "in demand" the Maverick has become, and I reminded him I've been waiting since Aug for mine to even arrive. When I ordered it, I was told it would be available for purchase in November, yet it didn't arrive until April. He knew he had me there because he knew how much I wanted it and would not walk away. That is BS. I told him I had a friend interested in buying my car and he would give me $3000 for it. So he went to his manager who agreed to the $3000 trade. While they were processing my paperwork, my friend told me he would pay $3500, so I went to see if I could cancel the trade-in. They were not happy... but the manager came back with an offer of matching the $3500, so I agreed. It didn't really matter though, because as we were going through the paperwork VERY QUICKLY, they bounced the full $7710 options back into the agreement. By this time, I'd been there nearly 4 hours and just wanted to get home. I figure I will contact Ford directly about the way this whole process went down. I honestly feel like the dealer took advantage of the fact that I'm a woman. They didn't listen to me and treated me like if I didn't take what they offered for a vehicle I'd ordered on my own (not through their dealership) they would just sell it to someone else. Personally, I don't think that is a good business practice.

Last edited:

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They did this with me yesterday when I went to pick up my Maverick. I placed my order Aug 6 last year for the hybid version and included the moon roof, Lariat luxury package, and Ford co-pilot 360. Total for the "preview order" was $31,660. In January, I received the VIN and a copy of the window sticker which showed total MSRP being $33,700. It showed the moon roof cost increased from $795 to $995, the Lariat luxury package increased from $3340 to $3750, and the co-pilot 360 increased from $540 to $650. Together, these items were now $720 more than my original order. After placing the order, I added a bed cover ($560) and changed the exterior color from Cactus Gray to Alto Blue Metallic. I was surprised to see an additional charge of $390 for the paint, but it was worth it. When I had asked if it was possible, no mention was made of the extra cost of that color. Anyway, I was hoping to get $3000 trade-in for my 2007 Toyota (KBB, Edmonds, and CarMax each estimated $3315 be a fair price for it). Needless to say, I was shocked to see a total price of $46,097 at the dealership. They asked if I had a copy of the original order for the truck, but I hadn't brought it. I figured they should have that on file since the sales rep had been able to pull it up in the months prior. She was out on maternity leave, so they claimed they didn't have access. That was BS because all they needed was the order number to see the file, but I was stuck because I didn't take a copy of it with me. BE SURE YOU TAKE YOURS. Also, take a copy of your window sticker. If you have the VIN, you can pull the window sticker from the Ford website. I saved a copy of that too and sent it to the sales rep at the dealership when he was assigned to me March 31. This man did NOTHING to sell me my truck, but he sure was happy to rake in the commission.

The new total cost included $3090 for "additional dealer markup" and $995 for a cilajet topcoat sealer (optional, which I turned down), a $899 processing fee, $1560 sales tax, PLUS $2436 extended warranty for as long as I'm paying on the truck (obviously an effort to keep the payments going), $2890 maintenance contract, and $1392 roadside hazard (so no need anymore for my AAA, I guess). There were also fees for a dealer's license and "online systems filing fee (I'm confused why those weren't part of the $899 processing fee, but oh well), and DMV fees for the license plates. I passed on the topcoat, extended warranty, but was willing to add the maintenance, and the other fees (tax, title/license, processing) were not presented up-front but I was sure there would be some added cost for them. So, in my mind, the price for my trade-in should have more than covered the maintenance contract. NO... they offered me $2000 for my Toyota. The dealership advertises that they pay way more than KBB, etc. for trades. I'd called earlier in the week to see if they could give me an estimate. They said I could take my car to a CarMax and get a written value for trade-in, and they would give me $250 more. The closest CarMax is 46 miles from me and I failed to do that. Big mistake! So I rejected the $2000 offer and the dealer began negotiating with me. He offered to lower the price of the cilajet, which I'd already rejected adding. If I did that, he would give me $3000. Big whoop! The price of the cilajet was $995! So that was not a good deal. Then he started in on how he had to "save" my truck because other reps had customers interested in it. He told me how "in demand" the Maverick has become, and I reminded him I've been waiting since Aug for mine to even arrive. When I ordered it, I was told it would be available for purchase in November, yet it didn't arrive until April. He knew he had me there because he knew how much I wanted it and would not walk away. That is BS. I told him I had a friend interested in buying my car and he would give me $3000 for it. So he went to his manager who agreed to the $3000 trade. While they were processing my paperwork, my friend told me he would pay $3500, so I went to see if I could cancel the trade-in. They were not happy... but the manager came back with an offer of matching the $3500, so I agreed. It didn't really matter though, because as we were going through the paperwork VERY QUICKLY, they bounced the full $7710 options back into the agreement. By this time, I'd been there nearly 4 hours and just wanted to get home. I figure I will contact Ford directly about the way this whole process went down. I honestly feel like the dealer took advantage of the fact that I'm a woman. They didn't listen to me and treated me like if I didn't take what they offered for a vehicle I'd ordered on my own (not through their dealership) they would just sell it to someone else. Personally, I don't think that is a good business practice.
Did you pay all that EXTRA crap? . if so they were correct about woman being easy marks. No way should you have paid ONE cent more than what you agreed to when ordered. You just go home come back with your proof. They added stuff you said no too and you just took it like the paint coating. ?? I might have hit the guy who says that too me. The fact you stayed for 4 hours of nonsense meant they new they had you. I hope you didn't prove them correct about women and went home for your proof. Tell me you did. if not you proved them right. Sorry to be so harsh. Tell me I miss understood what you ended up doing.
Sponsored