Sponsored

Confessions: Wild ideas and inane questions. What’s yours?

Nightowl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I appreciated reading the comments in the thread, “Overall attitudes toward the process,” but I’m hoping for a lighter topic to brighten the mood. Or did I misread the room? I do that.

I’m single, I’m a teacher on summer break, and apparently I currently have few enough hobbies, responsibilities, or troubles to occupy my thoughts. So where does my mind keep wandering off to? Nobody cares? Well I’ll tell you anyway! I can’t wait for my first new vehicle in twenty years!

When contemplating my sweet new trucklette, I find I’m entertaining some wild ideas, (for me) and asking some pretty inane questions:
Should I add vintage white stripes down it’s alto blue flanks?
Should I purchase aftermarket wheels because those default Lariat luxury wheels are so shiny; even though I never once spared a thought for the wheels on my 2001 Civic?
What song should I play first?
What will I name her? Does Maverica sound Spanish? Would that be bad if it did?
Is there a cordless vacuum that also serves as a blower that fits in the under-seat storage so I can detail my new baby twice daily?

There. My session is over. The burden has been lifted, or at least shared. Anyone else want to admit to harboring brilliant ideas that somehow lost their shine after a good night’s rest?
Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I appreciated reading the comments in the thread, “Overall attitudes toward the process,” but I’m hoping for a lighter topic to brighten the mood. Or did I misread the room? I do that.

I’m single, I’m a teacher on summer break, and apparently I currently have few enough hobbies, responsibilities, or troubles to occupy my thoughts. So where does my mind keep wandering off to? Nobody cares? Well I’ll tell you anyway! I can’t wait for my first new vehicle in twenty years!

When contemplating my sweet new trucklette, I find I’m entertaining some wild ideas, (for me) and asking some pretty inane questions:
Should I add vintage white stripes down it’s alto blue flanks?
Should I purchase aftermarket wheels because those default Lariat luxury wheels are so shiny; even though I never once spared a thought for the wheels on my 2001 Civic?
What song should I play first?
What will I name her? Does Maverica sound Spanish? Would that be bad if it did?
Is there a cordless vacuum that also serves as a blower that fits in the under-seat storage so I can detail my new baby twice daily?

There. My session is over. The burden has been lifted, or at least shared. Anyone else want to admit to harboring brilliant ideas that somehow lost their shine after a good night’s rest?
Congrats on getting a new vehicle! 20 years is long time! Maverica! Nice!! I've thought about Disidente. For my first song I'm going with Pick up Man by Joe Diffie! :ROFLMAO:

KCHahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive a 2001 Ford Range Edge 2WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure about a name.
First song I play? Probably Alabama: Sunday Drive
In the 4 vehicles I’ve owned, since I started driving, this will be my first brand new vehicle, and my 4th truck!
Not that it matters, but previous vehicles were:
1978 Ford Fairmont
1984 Toyota 4x4
1987 Toyota 4x2, bought off Dad.
2001 Ranger Edge, current vehicle
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, whenever it arrives!

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Not sure about a name.
First song I play? Probably Alabama: Sunday Drive
In the 4 vehicles I’ve owned, since I started driving, this will be my first brand new vehicle, and my 4th truck!
Not that it matters, but previous vehicles were:
1978 Ford Fairmont
1984 Toyota 4x4
1987 Toyota 4x2, bought off Dad.
2001 Ranger Edge, current vehicle
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, whenever it arrives!
My next purchase will be a cj5, to convert to diesel, the Maverick doesn’t count as it is a company vehicle.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My next purchase will be a cj5, to convert to diesel, the Maverick doesn’t count as it is a company vehicle.
My first vehicle I bought myself 1977 non egr 350 th350 Chevy step side (light blue) became a black with dark blue clear coat, hooker super comps, ash and chrome bed, balanced exhaust behind and up the cab, cherry bomb mufflers edlrbroch high rise Jag fully independent rear end , shaved logos, and my pride a predator variable Venturi carb, which resulted in having to use a Cadillac electric vacuum pump for the 4 wheel disk breaks, Blaupunkt head, infinity kappa speakers and kmc Excalibur 2 rims. I turned into a show truck. I miss that truck, she was gorgeous and hippy (like a woman’s hips, not Jerry Garcia)

next was a 454 th400 GMC Heavy half (brown and tan)that was mainly on the farm, but also my daily driver and my KZ750 shaft driven bike (purple)

Sponsored

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wild ideas? Not really wild but I’m seriously considering stopping by Walmart for a few rolls of painters tape to cover the front end with before driving the 400+ miles home…

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wild ideas? Not really wild but I’m seriously considering stopping by Walmart for a few rolls of painters tape to cover the front end with before driving the 400+ miles home…
I need a trunk monkey

Dryvem

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Transit
My mind won’t stop running through the process of lowering my new maverick, adding ground effects and wheels/tires. I really want to cut and flare the fenders to get a really decent tire to fit. Why can’t I just leave things alone? 🤷🏻‍♂️

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I need a trunk monkey
Robert, did you mean a "back seat monkey". there is no trunk. But it brought back good memories of the commercials. Thanks.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My mind won’t stop running through the process of lowering my new maverick, adding ground effects and wheels/tires. I really want to cut and flare the fenders to get a really decent tire to fit. Why can’t I just leave things alone? 🤷🏻‍♂️
because it already looks like a low rider, are you Hispanic or spent a lot of time around Hispanics like I did growing up? That’s where I got absorbed into the minitrucking obsession of the 80’s and 90’s

it’s also how we found the best taquerias when we were in unfamiliar areas. The more slammed mini trucks in a lot, and Christmas lights on houses in July, the more authentic the food.

silly note, one of my best friends was Argentinian, the dialect is different enough from Texican that I had to translate to locals what he was saying for years

Sponsored

Dogcmp6

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably not wild, but probably some more aggressive tires, a 2-3 inch lift, nudge bar, and since I ordered shadow black, blacking out the chrome piece in the grill and tinting the windows... Probably will do some performance upgrades if Ford Performance releases anything, other wise those will wait until the warranty is up

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Beyond Inane

Didj

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First song: ALWAYS…Main Title from Star Wars: A New Hope. Then, Eric Church LIVE Caught in the Act Album.

Right now, I’m mainly obsessed with the cubby beside the radio. I don’t know why!

Preaky241

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Should I purchase aftermarket wheels because those default Lariat luxury wheels are so shiny;
If you do and put your stock wheels up for sale - I (a steel wheel XL orderer') or someone like me, will buy them quick.

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haha! Good thread. I am currently obsessing over paint protection, waxes, detailing…. I have a feeling I will be dropping some coin on detailing products. This is our first new car (individually and as a married couple) and we have driven some clunkers…. So pretty excited to keep it looking nice! 😊
Sponsored