David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger/23 and 24 Mave hybrids
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sad to say the Flipping a Mav is a No Brain er.. It is insanely tough to get 10 to 13 K over what you just paid for any vehicle and even a little crazy to turn it down when the opportunity Knocks. Just asking if any Flipper would share any data. I know the Gains TX takes a bit out of it. Lets here it. Please dont be a hater responding Keep it civil Please.
Sponsored

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sad to say the Flipping a Mav is a No Brain er.. It is insanely tough to get 10 to 13 K over what you just paid for any vehicle and even a little crazy to turn it down when the opportunity Knocks. Just asking if any Flipper would share any data. I know the Gains TX takes a bit out of it. Lets here it. Please dont be a hater responding Keep it civil Please.
share what data?

OP
OP
DavidLs

DavidLs

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger/23 and 24 Mave hybrids
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well Heck I started the Thread and here Goes. 1st Mav 2022 XL. Got it Held it 5 Months. Sold it 11500.00 over what I paid for It. Bamm Second Mav 2023 XL 11 K over . 3rd Mav is in route it a XL Base no frills. ( Keep or Sell??) Since the market is cooled off ( and it is Basically a Free Truck at this point)
I will have to make a decision to sell or keep. Yep a 2024 in on order Not a base. I love the free market. That is my confession.

KrayzieMav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mav Lariat Tremor 23 GLC300 23 C8 24 GR Corolla
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the flipping days are coming to an end. Vroom offered me $32000 for my lariat Tremor ($40k MSRP), my local dealer has a bunch of used Mavs they keep dropping the price $1000 on every week. one has been there almost 3 months now and is $10,000 less than when I first saw it (still overpriced). I even see new hybrids with $5k markups collecting dust here. So, if no one will pay $5k over for new, I don't see why they'd pay any $$$ over for used.

Sponsored

OB1e

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CG LUX XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There was a lot to be made flipping 2022s and 2023s. With carvana/CarMax being bloated and the higher ford prices for the 2024s, it's not really worth it anymore

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

XL does seem to be the sweet spot for any profit nowadays. As the previous post said I have a fully loaded 2023 Lariat hybrid and was offered $5k below sticker price for it. I had my second truck come in and I was going to sell the first and then take the second one but since I couldn't even get what I put into it, I let the second one go. Good luck. It's definitely coming to an end. The fact that the 2024 order banks are still open shows that.

dags1207

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco | 2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well Heck I started the Thread and here Goes. 1st Mav 2022 XL. Got it Held it 5 Months. Sold it 11500.00 over what I paid for It. Bamm Second Mav 2023 XL 11 K over . 3rd Mav is in route it a XL Base no frills. ( Keep or Sell??) Since the market is cooled off ( and it is Basically a Free Truck at this point)
I will have to make a decision to sell or keep. Yep a 2024 in on order Not a base. I love the free market. That is my confession.
Food for thought in case you have not thought/prepared about it. You might owe from capital gain tax from selling these Mavericks.

"If you sell a vehicle for more than what you paid, you may be subject to capital gains tax. In this case, the profit can be considered taxable income. Liability varies depending on your income level and other factors. The tax rate on most net capital gain is no higher than 15% for most individuals"

EDIT: OP did address this. I misread "Gains TX" as Gaines, Texas (location) hahaha :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Food for thought in case you have not thought/prepared about it. You might owe from capital gain tax from selling these Mavericks.

"If you sell a vehicle for more than what you paid, you may be subject to capital gains tax. In this case, the profit can be considered taxable income. Liability varies depending on your income level and other factors. The tax rate on most net capital gain is no higher than 15% for most individuals"
That would mean reporting it though? Or reporting as income? Doesn't it ask you if you bought a vehicle etc etc? But I think maybe that is for if you report it as income or a business?

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm sure everyone who made money on a Maverick is rushing to drop a check to the government...

dags1207

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco | 2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That would mean reporting it though? Or reporting as income? Doesn't it ask you if you bought a vehicle etc etc? But I think maybe that is for if you report it as income or a business?
Correct, you would have to report it. I am no expert in tax law or anything, but I always report honestly and truthfully. $20k is a pretty substantial profit (at least to me), I couldn't sleep at night if I was hiding that lol

Ford Maverick Flipper Confessions 2023 a52c93f87618b7000da8c2b236c16f09

Last edited:

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Well OP did mention capital gains tax in his first post. But hey some people seem to forget to report millions and get away with it so why should anyone worry about a few paltry thousands? How would these gains even get reported other than self reporting?

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well OP did mention capital gains tax in his first post. But hey some people seem to forget to report millions and get away with it so why should anyone worry about a few paltry thousands? How would these gains even get reported other than self reporting?
Who would forget to report millions? :unsure::p:LOL:
Sponsored