Sponsored

Escape vs Maverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking for any comparisons between an Escape and Maverick.
I am interested in fuel economy, road noise and stability in high winds.
I see the Escape has 5 stars safety rating, what about the Maverick?

Thanks
Sponsored

DannyP

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150, 2017 Escape SE, 1929 Model A Coupe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™ve got an Ecoboost Escape Iā€™ve been very happy with. Still waiting on my Maverick.

Angry Hippo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hot Pepper Red, FX4, 4k Tow
The 1.5L blows. No way I'd deal with the worries of a turbo-charged engine so I could only push 180 something HP.

While the Escape/Maverick share the same platform and, in some trims, drive train I believe these vehicles are more different than they are alike.

I'd decide whether you can live without a bed or not. That ought to really be the determining factor for most buyers.

After that decision is made if you were considering a compact SUV it would be criminal not to seriously look at the CX-5.

Sponsored

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you need transportation, look for an Escape. You won't be able to get a Maverick for a year from now!

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The 1.5L blows. No way I'd deal with the worries of a turbo-charged engine so I could only push 180 something HP.

While the Escape/Maverick share the same platform and, in some trims, drive train I believe these vehicles are more different than they are alike.

I'd decide whether you can live without a bed or not. That ought to really be the determining factor for most buyers.

After that decision is made if you were considering a compact SUV it would be criminal not to seriously look at the CX-5.
Agreed. 1.5 is a worthless engine.

The 2.5 naturally aspirated Mazda that ford put in the escape/fusion until 2019 is the waaaaaay better choice. Better engine by far with same hp rating.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agreed. 1.5 is a worthless engine.

The 2.5 naturally aspirated Mazda that ford put in the escape/fusion until 2019 is the waaaaaay better choice. Better engine by far with same hp rating.
Not looking at the 1.5 at all. Either hybrid or the 2.0 ecoboost

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Thanks
The Escape has slightly better mpg. In most 'soft stats' like road noise you'll probably find the Escape a better vehicle (This is where the Maverick's cost cutting measures seem to show up the most, as per most reviewers).

The Maverick doesn't have a safety rating yet, but since its on the same platform as the Escape you can expect it to be roughly the same.

If you're not looking specifically for a truck, or for a cheap vehicle, the Escape is probably going to be the vehicle for you.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Thanks
Apples vs. Oranges. Small truck vs. CUV. If you don't have a need for a truck at all- scratch Maverick off your list. Carry on.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I feel like if you are looking at a 2.0 or hybrid small suv there are better choices over an escape.
It's gotta be a Ford and fuel economy is important. I already have a f150 ecoboost and want to make sure that fuel economy is at least 5 mpg better than it..

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How about legroom in the rear seat? Are both the same?

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In terms of fuel economy on Ford Escape Hybrid I recall it being just slightly better than the Mav, maybe due to weight and aerodynamics. But itā€™s using essentially the exact same drivetrain from what I understand ā€” the same 2.5L Atkinson engine and HF45 eCVT like the 2022 Mav for the 2022 Escape.

The Ford Escape hybrids seem to have proven themselves for being pretty solid in terms of reliability and longevity, according to punishing use by cab drivers.

Anyway your other Hybrid SUV options in the Escape price range are Tuscon, Rav4, CRV?

I wonder if it will be hard to get any of them trimmed out exactly the way you want at a ā€˜normalā€™ price in this market?

CursedFrogurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 Corolla
My wife and I got a 2022 Escape Hybrid last week, and so far have been really impressed by it. We originally set out to get a Rav4 Hybrid but they were no where to be found around us, but the local Ford dealer happened to get a trailer of Escapes in on the day we were shopping around. I don't have my Maverick yet, but I have test driven an XLT w/ Lux twice. Here are some points that stuck out to us with the Escape:
  • Escape Hybrid offering AWD was a major plus for us here in Ohio. Makes winters much easier.
  • Road noise is minimal and the vehicle is overall extremely quiet. Our Escape has the "SoundShield" glass, but I'm not sure if that is present on the Maverick.
  • Price. We got our Escape Hybrid SE w/ the Winter and Convenience package for around 33500 after discounts. That was a price we were happy with given the current market. Many dealers around us are doing heavy markups and/or have poor stock.
  • Steering on the Escape feels tighter and more precise than the Maverick. While built on same platform I think this can be chalked up to the different body styles and powertrains. I found the Escape more pleasant to drive, but still liked the Maverick quite a lot.
  • I found the fit and finish on the Escape cabin to a bit nicer and more refined than the Maverick, but I think this goes back to personal preference.
So far we are averaging around 45-47 MPG with the Escape in mostly city traffic. Since my Maverick has the 2.0, the Escape is going to be our primary vehicle for running errands and family trips, while the Mav will be around for all the "truck stuff" and family camping excursions. I think the two compliment each other nicely.
Sponsored