First Name
Kelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a burnt orange truck—loved it as it stood out, wasn’t over the top nor blah and it certainly didn’t blend in. It also fit for a few of my favorite sport teams. Ford, of course, doesn’t have that color.

I currently have a Lariat with the cyber orange on order.

I’ve seen a new orangish colored Ford truck around town every so often. Is that the hot red pepper?

I really don’t want a RED vehicle and I’m second guessing the cyber orange. I’ve tried to see one at a dealership, but no luck. I’ve heard, for the Lariat, the color is more orange than red.

True/false? Ideas? Thoughts? Pictures?
Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nothing resembling true orange. You have to settle on orangey yellow (CO) or orangey red (HPR). Both are amazing colors. But neither is really orange.

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a burnt orange truck—loved it as it stood out, wasn’t over the top nor blah and it certainly didn’t blend in. It also fit for a few of my favorite sport teams. Ford, of course, doesn’t have that color.

I’ve seen a new orangish colored Ford truck around town every so often. Is that the hot red pepper?

I really don’t want a RED vehicle and I’m second guessing the cyber orange. I’ve tried to see one at a dealership, but no luck. I’ve heard, for the Lariat, the color is more orange than red.

i have a Tinted-Clear-Coat-Metallic(HOT PEPPER RED) Lariat and let me just say this color "turns-heads" it is awesome it changes from a redish orange kinda like (Texas-Pet-Hot Sause)in the sun light and to a solid red color in shade and or dusky dark.

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i have a Tinted-Clear-Coat-Metallic(HOT PEPPER RED) Lariat and let me just say this color "turns-heads" it is awesome it changes from a redish orange kinda like (Texas-Pet-Hot Sause)in the sun light and to a solid red color in shade and or dusky dark.
also if you like school-bus yellow then go with the cyber-orange

Sponsored

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I feel your pain. I started with Cyber Orange(schoolbus yellow). Went to the dealership to look at a vehicle with Cyber Orange, Velocity Blue, and Hot Pepper Red. I really was considering switching to Hot Pepper Red since it is a Reddish Orange and looks to be a beautiful color. The dealer only had Cyber Orange and Velocity Blue vehicles for comparison. Cyber Orange was just too Yellow. So I pick Velocity Blue which is very pretty! I am looking for a vehicle that can be easily spotted in a parking lot! lol!
What I would really love is a Velocity Green!

Ford Maverick Orange vehicle—Cyber Orange or Hot Pepper Red bird

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The ford ranger was Hot Pepper Red in 2019. You could maybe track down a used one and look at it or find a 2022 ranger on the lot and check it out. Cyber was my second choice as its pretty with the all the metal flake. Just not a great name.
Ford Maverick Orange vehicle—Cyber Orange or Hot Pepper Red thumbnail_20210714_131936

Ford Maverick Orange vehicle—Cyber Orange or Hot Pepper Red 20211019_171534

bravesfan10c

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Pepper Red XLT FX4 AWD LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agree there is no true orange Hot Pepper Red is the closest. Not my truck, but mine is on order.

Ford Maverick Orange vehicle—Cyber Orange or Hot Pepper Red 2022maverick3

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel your pain. I started with Cyber Orange(schoolbus yellow). Went to the dealership to look at a vehicle with Cyber Orange, Velocity Blue, and Hot Pepper Red. I really was considering switching to Hot Pepper Red since it is a Reddish Orange and looks to be a beautiful color. The dealer only had Cyber Orange and Velocity Blue vehicles for comparison. Cyber Orange was just too Yellow. So I pick Velocity Blue which is very pretty! I am looking for a vehicle that can be easily spotted in a parking lot! lol!
What I would really love is a Velocity Green!

bird.jpg
Would prefer a deeper shade of green.

Going in a different direction, Burgundy Velvet from the Lincoln Nautilus would rock.

Ford Maverick Orange vehicle—Cyber Orange or Hot Pepper Red nauti

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Orange vehicle—Cyber Orange or Hot Pepper Red 1646848290421

I would kill for Mercedes' emerald green. Absolutely stunning in real life, only seen it once.

OP
OP

Kelli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The ford ranger was Hot Pepper Red in 2019. You could maybe track down a used one and look at it or find a 2022 ranger on the lot and check it out. Cyber was my second choice as its pretty with the all the metal flake. Just not a great name.
thumbnail_20210714_131936.jpg

20211019_171534.jpg
Thanks for the information! I'll check into a 2019 then and see. :)

MikeyCNY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat TREMOR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You've either got School Bus Yellow or Sex On Wheels Hot Red Pepper to choose from.
Yep!

I'm going from an Orange Subaru Crosstrek to a Ford Maverick... Orange has kinda become "my thing" over the years - orange TicTacs, orange Kickstart (energy drink), orange pens, orange shirts..

Unfortunately the 'Cyber Orange' is... indeed... school bus yellow. I haven't seen one in person (except for a Ford Ranger that had CO I think), but enough of the pictures have that yellowish tint that I decided to go for Hot Pepper Red. Still a bold color.

I briefly considered Carbonized Gray for a little more "low profile" but... meh.

Current vehicle:

Ford Maverick Orange vehicle—Cyber Orange or Hot Pepper Red crosstrek2015.JPG