First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
THIS has me excited about the Maverick, again.

I like the look of it, and it sure as ~bleep~ looks like the passenger area is right on par with the Bronco Sport. If the Maverick ends up with at least 34" of leg room in the back seat, at at least a 4.5' bed, AND stays around $25k for the base trim, and I will definitely be in on this kid-sized pick-up.

I don't NEED a pick-up, but I would like to have one. This would suit my needs, and sate my wants.
Sponsored

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like Honda..or Batman 😂😂😂
Honda for sure...I'm not sure Batman would go for this...Robin and/or the Joker might.

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
Nice to see next to the Bronco Sport for comparison. It is just as I expected, and that's a good thing for me personally. This may actually be the first Ford I own. I usually don't order a brand new vehicle at launch either, and this could be a first for me in that regard as well. I hope some of the stuff that is left for interpretation, is realized, considering it hasn't been officially revealed yet.

Last edited:

dano0726

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Our current Badlands has a very good specs (exterior + interior) -- this pic does help with my curiosity as to the Maverick size

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
THIS has me excited about the Maverick, again.

I like the look of it, and it sure as ~bleep~ looks like the passenger area is right on par with the Bronco Sport. If the Maverick ends up with at least 34" of leg room in the back seat, at at least a 4.5' bed, AND stays around $25k for the base trim, and I will definitely be in on this kid-sized pick-up.

I don't NEED a pick-up, but I would like to have one. This would suit my needs, and sate my wants.

Yup, me too. Add a topper and wet dogs.

Sponsored

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The rear shock mounts look much lower than those on the Bronco Sport. I wonder why that is. Do they need more space for the bed to sag? They certainly look like the lowest point under the truck in that picture and only maybe 6-7 in off the ground.

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
The rear shock mounts look much lower than those on the Bronco Sport. I wonder why that is. Do they need more space for the bed to sag? They certainly look like the lowest point under the truck in that picture and only maybe 6-7 in off the ground.
I think you are seeing the difference between FWD, twist beam rear suspension on that particular Maverick mule vs. AWD, multi-link suspension on Bronco Sport. Given that, there for sure could be a difference in "official" ground clearance when comparing the differences in rear suspensions. I'd suspect AWD Maverick and Bronco Sport (offered only in AWD configuration) will be similar, if not the same.

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you are seeing the difference between FWD, twist beam rear suspension on that particular Maverick mule vs. AWD, multi-link suspension on Bronco Sport. Given that, there for sure could be a difference in "official" ground clearance when comparing the differences in rear suspensions. I'd suspect AWD Maverick and Bronco Sport (offered only in AWD configuration) will be similar, if not the same.
I was wondering about that. It's what I initially thought, but it looked a bit different from some of the earlier twist beam shots I'd seen (and from the implementation in my Transit Connect), but it very well might be.

Edit: Going back and looking at the later pictures of the twist beam FWD models once they sorted the exhaust, I think that you're absolutely right.

Sponsored

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This gonna be one long truck with a big turning radius
Unless we're looking at some sort of manipulation, beyond a simple overlay, it sure looks like we're looking at a 200" truck with passenger capacity on par with the BS (bronco sport) and coming close to a 5' bed, probably about 54".

I noticed in spy shots with the Ranger, that the Maverick and Ranger seemed to be pretty close in length. Also, the spy shots of the Maverick next to a Mustang, made it look about 1-ft longer than the Mustang, which is 188". This shot makes the Maverick look about 2-ft longer than the BS, which is 174-in.

Are we looking at a wheelbase of about 120"?

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
198" would translate into a 54" bed given the 33" cargo depth of the Bronco Sport (assuming you eat 3" for the back of the cab).

NDL

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This gonna be one long truck with a big turning radius
Way too much product overlap.

Way too much...

Maverick length: 200" (?)