Sponsored

Buying $6k ADM Hybrid Lariat, thoughts?

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Bro I think you hit my feelings on this whole thing right on the dang-on head! The frustration and constant contacts with at least 25 dealerships at this point on vehicles like the Mach-E and previously the Rav4 Prime, I'm over it and if I come out in a wash then maybe my peace of mind is worth this ordeal being over... they've won!! lol
I ended up contacting two dealers that had Mavericks coming in (I saw that they were coming in on the Ford website/inventory). Both of them told me MSRP, no mark ups. I put money down with both. The one I ended up buying from (better equipped Mav) honored the MSRP that we had agreed upon. The place in Florida was Havana Ford. The place in Alabama was Ed Sherling Ford.
Sponsored

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are not wrong, and I'll look to see if removing that requirement increases my chances at catching a fish at or closer too MSRP.
I have seen a fair number for 2.0 going for MSRP (lot more than Hybrids at least) so its worth a shot. The 2.0 will give you a good bit more power and the ability to tow 4k lbs (depending on options) if that is useful to you.

The hybrids are just incredibly rare right now. Ford did not allow dealers to place stock orders for them, so the only way a dealer will (through legitimate means) have a hybrid is if someone canceled an order.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd be on the fence too if I was in your situation. It's really hard to justify such a markup on this vehicle but times are wacky right now. I guess it really depends on how much you really want or need this type of vehicle as opposed to keeping what you got.

I think it'll get only more difficult AND expensive to try to poach a declined order that ends up on a dealer's lot, so $6k markup might be as good as it gets for now. If your current vehicle suits your needs and is reliable, it might be smarter to wait things out and get an order in for 2023 models.
Do a pros/cons list for yourself and hopefully that will help you make a sound decision.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree completely but the "should" is the part that is disconnected for what I'm finding in these streets. Hopefully I can find these mythical dealership with stock charging MSRP Enderet mentioned!
And that's when you just say no to the ADMs. The Maverick need not be a panic purchase - especially for someone with a 2017 vehicle - that would make you justify a huge markup to yourself.

kkgg

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Instead of going 6k Mark up on a hybrid, you can go 1-2k over and get a Ecoboost AWD. Although it will not give as many miles as hybrid but it sure is a more capable, dependable vehicle in the long run..

Get AWD, order hybrid as soon the orders open, then decide next year.
Go to CarMax and get a estimate too, I know people who were surprised by carmax offer..

Sponsored

n0maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tiguan, 2022 Maverick, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
another factor is hybrid on average right now is about $50 less a month for fuel. But you can most certainly do better than $7k over msrp.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
After attempting to find a 2022 dealer stock hybrid lariat for anywhere near sticker and failing miserably I'm considering purchasing one that is yet to arrive from a local dealership in the DMV area. They're refusing to budge off their $6k markup and they're charging a ridiculous "Processing Fee" of $899.

They are taking a student rebate of $750 off and the only reason I'm truly considering this is my trade value. I'm trading a 2017 Subaru Impreza that I bought 2 years ago for $16k, put on 10k miles, Subaru had it at about $13k value and I'm getting $18.5k on the trade. My idea, crazy high trade values are washing out the crazy ADM on the Maverick.

Thoughts? Should I do it? I've NEVER paid over MSRP, usually way under invoice, but these times and all these other buyers (I guess including me if I move forward) are making it impossible to do that. Truck is listed on United Road Tracker with a load number and Ford tracker has it as an early Feb delivery.
You definitely should NOT do this. Run the other way. But you may buy mine for only $5000 over. Deal?

OP
OP

idoitforv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Impreza
You definitely should NOT do this. Run the other way. But you may buy mine for only $5000 over. Deal?
lol deal but your still paying me $6k over for my Impreza right? Plus delivery to my door included correct?

Sponsored

Wilky4258

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Dodge Challenger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After attempting to find a 2022 dealer stock hybrid lariat for anywhere near sticker and failing miserably I'm considering purchasing one that is yet to arrive from a local dealership in the DMV area. They're refusing to budge off their $6k markup and they're charging a ridiculous "Processing Fee" of $899.

They are taking a student rebate of $750 off and the only reason I'm truly considering this is my trade value. I'm trading a 2017 Subaru Impreza that I bought 2 years ago for $16k, put on 10k miles, Subaru had it at about $13k value and I'm getting $18.5k on the trade. My idea, crazy high trade values are washing out the crazy ADM on the Maverick.

Thoughts? Should I do it? I've NEVER paid over MSRP, usually way under invoice, but these times and all these other buyers (I guess including me if I move forward) are making it impossible to do that. Truck is listed on United Road Tracker with a load number and Ford tracker has it as an early Feb delivery.
You are saving on sales taxes with your trade in and you are gaining $2500.00 on that same trade in along with 750.00 Rebate. In total you are are close to actually paying a 2000.00 Markup plus the Processing fee of 900.00. If my numbers are close it is a roughly 3000.00 Markup in all. If it is worth 3000.00 additional dollars to you then yes if not don't.

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t know if I could go for 6K over MSRP, but given the news of no new orders the market might get even tighter for Mavericks.

OP
OP

idoitforv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Impreza
You are saving on sales taxes with your trade in and you are gaining $2500.00 on that same trade in along with 750.00 Rebate. In total you are are close to actually paying a 2000.00 Markup plus the Processing fee of 900.00. If my numbers are close it is a roughly 3000.00 Markup in all. If it is worth 3000.00 additional dollars to you then yes if not don't.
Yeah I didn't bring this up because some folks may not get to reduce their tax burden in their state based on trade value. In Maryland trade value goes against taxed value, which is reducing my tax on the purchase to about $1k. Plus almost any dealer will charge about $300 processing fee, so it's really $500 more than other dealers. But I get others opinion that this sucks, because it does. At the same time I'm telling myself that wanting my cake (getting new truck at/near/below MSRP) and getting an insanely high trade value is the definition of eating it too.

The real losers in this deal would be the poor person that needs my Subaru for $13k but cant buy it for that much because of what the dealer paid me for it.
Sponsored