Sponsored

Buschur's 3" cat back exhaust prototype for 2.0 Maverick all done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpage8645

First Name
Jeremy Page
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 1973 Maverick, 2012 Tundra, 2020 F250
A downpipe is typically a great increase in power but only if there is no restriction after it. Most modern exhaust flow really well. The change of the catback on this truck proved it was restrictive as it instantly shut the throttle down. Eliminating the second cat did that even further. The "downpipe" on this truck is a very short 90 degree bend with the primary cat in it and two 02 sensors, one before and one after. The aftermarket world is under a magnifying glass and emissions right now. Removing the cat on any car that came equipped with one is illegal in all 50 states. So a downpipe on this truck requires removing the factory cat.

The tune, we have been on the dyno every day for two weeks. I want the tune perfect and won't release it until it is. Right now the tune is being done for 93 and we've ran into some additional issues, the truck is actually warming up as I type this for more work today on the dyno. As soon as the 93 is done we will move onto 87 octane and a tow tune. The tune will take care of ALL of this without swapping maps. You'll simply load the tune in and drive the truck, whichever gas you are running the tune will self adjust for just like factory.
Remember they don't sell 93 oct on the west coast, so we need a 91 specific tune.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Remember they don't sell 93 oct on the west coast, so we need a 91 specific tune.
Yes, I'm aware, we have all the grades here, well not 85. 87-94.

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A downpipe is typically a great increase in power but only if there is no restriction after it. Most modern exhaust flow really well. The change of the catback on this truck proved it was restrictive as it instantly shut the throttle down. Eliminating the second cat did that even further. The "downpipe" on this truck is a very short 90 degree bend with the primary cat in it and two 02 sensors, one before and one after. The aftermarket world is under a magnifying glass and emissions right now. Removing the cat on any car that came equipped with one is illegal in all 50 states. So a downpipe on this truck requires removing the factory cat.

The tune, we have been on the dyno every day for two weeks. I want the tune perfect and won't release it until it is. Right now the tune is being done for 93 and we've ran into some additional issues, the truck is actually warming up as I type this for more work today on the dyno. As soon as the 93 is done we will move onto 87 octane and a tow tune. The tune will take care of ALL of this without swapping maps. You'll simply load the tune in and drive the truck, whichever gas you are running the tune will self adjust for just like factory.
For off-road use only or have the EPA rules changed on labeling parts for use off-road ?

So glad your working on a 87 tow tune, that was going to be one I requested along with a 87 performance and 93 performance.. But if the tune works the way you say I would only need a tow tune and performance tune then Just use which ever gas I want for the tune loaded In my Maverick.

Are you doing any transmission tuning?

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Some. companies don’t even sell tunes to California because of CARB certification.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For off-road use only or have the EPA rules changed on labeling parts for use off-road ?

So glad your working on a 87 tow tune, that was going to be one I requested along with a 87 performance and 93 performance.. But if the tune works the way you say I would only need a tow tune and performance tune then Just use which ever gas I want for the tune loaded In my Maverick.

Are you doing any transmission tuning?
Our tune will self adjust like the factory tune does, you'll choose tow/haul for towing to activate that tune.

Yes, we are working on the trans too.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Our 3" exhaust is off the truck and heading to the bender.

We are starting the intercooler design next.

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Our 3" exhaust is off the truck and heading to the bender.

We are starting the intercooler design next.
Can you provide an estimate of cost? Just an estimate..

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you provide an estimate of cost? Just an estimate..
Our 3", 100% 304 stainless exhaust with a single muffler should be no more than $600 if I had to guess.

Sponsored

yohannblouin1978

First Name
yohann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford maverick 2022 xlt fx4
i've already called a jb4 already, a cold air intake, and i'm looking for a FULL turboback system. WMI already on the way to get it as far as i can go! Ready lift for the winter here in Canada, and a full coilover for the summer!

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i've already called a jb4 already, a cold air intake, and i'm looking for a FULL turboback system. WMI already on the way to get it as far as i can go! Ready lift for the winter here in Canada, and a full coilover for the summer!
We are waiting, still, for the bender to send the first sample back from our prototype. This system will have the ability to delete the 2nd cat. The downpipes will come later and in order to do a full turbo back like that you will need a tuner that is willing to delete the check engine lights its going to trigger. The downpipes house the primary cat with two 02 sensors.

borrego4026

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Any plans on having something that can be routed through the bumper with a heat shield as illustrated by this picture?

Ford Maverick Buschur's 3" cat back exhaust prototype for 2.0 Maverick all done! Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 3.46.53 PM

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any plans on having something that can be routed through the bumper with a heat shield as illustrated by this picture?

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 3.46.53 PM.png
I can’t imagine that would sell well enough to produce them other then custom order. Looks awesome though
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.