Sponsored

Buschur's 3" cat back exhaust prototype for 2.0 Maverick all done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What about a straight exit like this? Wouldn't be for everyone, but it has a kind of tuner vibe.

Exhaust Tip.jpg

Disclaimer: borrowed pic from Maverick Chat forum
It's impossible to build something to make everyone happy. I like the exhaust being hidden and up higher for ground clearance. While we can build anything custom here I have to look at the largest market to hit and I think that's what we've done.
Sponsored

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
The exhaust, like Borla's and Magnaflow's will require cutting the stock cat back behind the second cat to install it. We will make the system so it can be used later with our 3" downpipe.

We will be doing a down pipe but the intercooler is next on our list.

Thanks too!
How did it run at the track Sat? We didn't go due to an event at the track.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD

Sponsored

Deleted member 6544

We wanted to over the rear axle or even use the hole in the subframe but both are impossible. There is zero room to get through there.

The exhaust in 3" is higher than the factory 2-3/8" system.
Probably dumb question but any plans on having the 'tip' come out right in front of the rear tire? Think it would look good. Thanks

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably dumb question but any plans on having the 'tip' come out right in front of the rear tire? Think it would look good. Thanks
No, that would lessen the ground clearance substantially.

Deleted member 6544

No, that would lessen the ground clearance substantially.
Thanks for the reply. Although when I get mine I'm going to make it into more of a 'street truck' vs. a 'trail truck' so the ground clearance won't be as important to me.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the reply. Although when I get mine I'm going to make it into more of a 'street truck' vs. a 'trail truck' so the ground clearance won't be as important to me.
There will be a lot of different options at some point I'm sure. Over the 32 years we've been doing this I've found you have to appeal to the masses. We try to build something that works and lasts so it doesn't need upgraded later, won't fail (rot/rust) keeps great clearances and is light. This exhaust is lighter than the stock even though it's larger, will outlast the truck and we've gained some ground clearance even with the larger tubing.

Sponsored

Deleted member 6544

There will be a lot of different options at some point I'm sure. Over the 32 years we've been doing this I've found you have to appeal to the masses. We try to build something that works and lasts so it doesn't need upgraded later, won't fail (rot/rust) keeps great clearances and is light. This exhaust is lighter than the stock even though it's larger, will outlast the truck and we've gained some ground clearance even with the larger tubing.
Totally understand and that's a business model that needs to be taken to be successful. From what I've read your products do seem very well made and engineered. Looking forward to using your products to make the truck a little hotrod.

mykream

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Corvette Z06, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dave I like the turn down tip like the evos, dsms and such had. Is your plan a straight tip out? Or to keep the same tip as the prototype

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dave I like the turn down tip like the evos, dsms and such had. Is your plan a straight tip out? Or to keep the same tip as the prototype
Plan is to cut off about 3/8" from the tip we have now, so it won't be seen at all. The factory exhaust is actually really crooked to the cut out it has on the bottom side of the bumper. Ours is centered but I want it to remain high and out of sight.

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The exhaust, like Borla's and Magnaflow's will require cutting the stock cat back behind the second cat to install it. We will make the system so it can be used later with our 3" downpipe.

We will be doing a down pipe but the intercooler is next on our list.

Thanks too!
It’s always been my experience that a down pipe offers the most performance on the exhaust system on turbo vehicles.

When do you think a tune will be ready for the general public?

I see multiple companies working on tunes and not available yet or selling tunes with no real transparency other then a dyno graph with a price (I don’t want to be a test subject lol).

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It’s always been my experience that a down pipe offers the most performance on the exhaust system on turbo vehicles.

When do you think a tune will be ready for the general public?

I see multiple companies working on tunes and not available yet or selling tunes with no real transparency other then a dyno graph with a price (I don’t want to be a test subject lol).
A downpipe is typically a great increase in power but only if there is no restriction after it. Most modern exhaust flow really well. The change of the catback on this truck proved it was restrictive as it instantly shut the throttle down. Eliminating the second cat did that even further. The "downpipe" on this truck is a very short 90 degree bend with the primary cat in it and two 02 sensors, one before and one after. The aftermarket world is under a magnifying glass and emissions right now. Removing the cat on any car that came equipped with one is illegal in all 50 states. So a downpipe on this truck requires removing the factory cat.

The tune, we have been on the dyno every day for two weeks. I want the tune perfect and won't release it until it is. Right now the tune is being done for 93 and we've ran into some additional issues, the truck is actually warming up as I type this for more work today on the dyno. As soon as the 93 is done we will move onto 87 octane and a tow tune. The tune will take care of ALL of this without swapping maps. You'll simply load the tune in and drive the truck, whichever gas you are running the tune will self adjust for just like factory.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.