First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Scout is still a trademark owned by a Canadian firm that tried to revive the brand.
Sponsored

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
It seems to still be registered, so yea, not sure why people think it was abandoned. Ford was probably unable or unwilling to pay the licensing fees.

https://trademarks.justia.com/783/26/scout-78326164.html
Bc you HAVE TO BE USING IT. No one is currently using it on a vehicle in America to my knowledge. So it can be easily challenged
 you don’t get to keep it if you’re not using it. It’s the reason Ford had to file new trademark registrations for Bronco and Maverick..
https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/maintain/keeping-your-registration-alive

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Bc you HAVE TO BE USING IT. No one is currently using it on a vehicle in America to my knowledge. So it can be easily challenged
 you don’t get to keep it if you’re not using it. It’s the reason Ford had to file new trademark registrations for Bronco and Maverick..
https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/maintain/keeping-your-registration-alive
They could probably win a legal battle, but that cost money, and these LLC companies that buy up old trademarks exist entirely to extort money out of dead brands. Ianal though.

I'm sure that was all part of ford's calculations when they decided not to use it.

Sponsored

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
They could probably win a legal battle, but that cost money, and these LLC companies that buy up old trademarks exist entirely to extort money out of dead brands. Ianal though.

I'm sure that was all part of ford's calculations when they decided not to use it.
The one that cracks me up is “Bell & Howell” on all that crappy “as seen on TV” stuff
 😆

HYENA13

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Rattler is perfect. A nice cold blooded creature. "Don't Tread On Me!" "United We Stand, Divided We Fall!" come to mind. Plus I got a bunch of beer drinking rattlesnake tales. Most are true.

Side Note: Current Raptors are warm blooded birds. Was Pterodactyl a reptile?
You sold me on it

jimmy fitzwell

First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 pinto wagon, 67 olds 98
You sold me on it
Happy 4th TJ. I might just go for a vanity "RATTLER" plate. I better act fast. Put it on my Pinto now and transfer whenever the XL I reserved shows up. This could be an exclusive club. Code of the road thing. 50 members.

HarrisonFordMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
The "Rattler" moniker would make perfect sense to shoe horn the 2.3 ecoboost. Which fits in the C platform, as its available in the Lincoln MKC/Corsair. Then slap the dual clutch rear end out of the Bronco Sport Badlands, add a 1" lift and some 245/65/17 all terrain tires, you'd have a hell of a package for lets say $35k.

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
I also think, "Rattler" nameplate could also be something along the lines of top off-road spec Ranger - "Ranger Rattler". Bronco does not seem to be getting the "Raptor" nameplate and maybe the Ranger, for the States, doesn't either. I'd bet we would see a "Splash" trim level before such, of which, would be a hand-me-down nameplate from the old Rangers of past.

Sponsored

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
The "Rattler" moniker would make perfect sense to shoe horn the 2.3 ecoboost. Which fits in the C platform, as its available in the Lincoln MKC/Corsair. Then slap the dual clutch rear end out of the Bronco Sport Badlands, add a 1" lift and some 245/65/17 all terrain tires, you'd have a hell of a package for lets say $35k.
I’m liking the renderings and scuttlebutt about a Maverick Raptor being in the works.. with all that you describe. It also will need at least a 2” lift.

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I also think, "Rattler" nameplate could also be something along the lines of top off-road spec Ranger - "Ranger Rattler". Bronco does not seem to be getting the "Raptor" nameplate and maybe the Ranger, for the States, doesn't either. I'd bet we would see a "Splash" trim level before such, of which, would be a hand-me-down nameplate from the old Rangers of past.
Ford has already confirmed the new 2023 Ranger will be offered with the Raptor trim level in the US.

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
Ford has already confirmed the new 2023 Ranger will be offered with the Raptor trim level in the US.
Didn't realize they officially announced the Raptor namepate for the Ranger here in the states. I've seen the test mules, but didn't think they commented on the official nampelate. I must have missed it.

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Didn't realize they officially announced the Raptor namepate for the Ranger here in the states. I've seen the test mules, but didn't think they commented on the official nampelate. I must have missed it.
Well, not quite officially "confirmed" but enough is out there.. and they always leak for Ford Authority who has also reported on it. They are barely trying to hide the test vehicle. Ford Authority got a pic with the grill exposed..
https://www.caranddriver.com/ford/ranger-raptor

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat